1. C

I got fit for stiff shafts but my swing speed has gone up, am I in trouble?

I'm 16 and got fit for PXG gen 6 0311 p irons 6 months ago. At the time, my swing speed with 7 iron was 88 mph so the fitter put me in stiff kbs tour 120 stiff shafts. Since then, my swing speed has gone up 7 mph to 95 (made a pretty significant swing change). It hasn't been a problem yet but my...
  2. TJRyska

Have you ever been fit for clubs?

This may have been asked before but figured it wouldn’t hurt to have an updated poll. Have you been fit? I haven’t but would like to.
  3. W

New to golf tech - Can data be used to self 'fit' clubs?

Hi all, New here, but not new to golf...although it's been a VERY long time. Background: I used to play on my high school team back in the late 80's, was pretty decent (not scratch), then rarely played between then and now. Perhaps 10 rounds total (with about 4 recently). Have more time now...
  4. lukemartin93

Top of the Bag Club Champion Cobra Fitting

After my wedge fitting, we moved into the driver fitting. Currently I play a 9 degree TS2 with a stiff even flow white shaft. I found this driver on ebay for a great deal and I feel like it has worked out well for me. Going into the fitting, I figured I would be fit into something similar such...
  5. lukemartin93

lukemartin93's Club Champion Cobra Iron Fitting

To prepare for my Morgan Cup bag ordering, I decided to get a full bag (minus the putter) fitting at my local club champion. I'll post the other club fittings in a different thread, but here was my iron fitting experience. A little background, I got into golf a few years bag, but still probably...
  6. lukemartin93

Putter Fitting/Buying Questions

Hey THP! So long story short, my wife and I just had our first baby and my wife wanted to buy me a putter to celebrate.Since I got into golf a couple years ago, I have been using an old Ping Blade (Ally 2 is the model I think) putter i was given from my wife’s grandpa. I have no idea if it...
  7. Cruskater

SeeMore Mallet Putter contest, fitting, review

Hey everyone! I was the lucky and blessed recipient of the SeeMore HT Mallet contest on the THP Instagram page last week. After submitting a few pictures of my rather unorthodox putting stance to the knowledgeable and affable John at SeeMore, I have a virtual fitting this afternoon on Zoom with...
  8. OITW

Fit ball to clubs or clubs to ball?

What came first the chicken or the egg?
  9. ThatGuy

Which wedges do you like more?

I recently got fitted for custom golf clubs and I'm getting a TaylorMade SIM Max Driver (10.5), Callaway MAVRIK 5W, TaylorMade SIM Max Hybrid 4i, Callaway Apex Irons 5-AW, and a Cleveland CBX2 56* SW. I don't know much about Cleveland clubs and haven't paid much attention to them. I'm most...
  10. GoldenBuff

How do you pick your clubs?

With categories of clubs, how to do you select your clubs? Do you pick a category that fits your game? Do you choose clubs that you have to learn how to play (e.g., blades), hopefully improving your ball striking? Do you go for GI/SGI forgiveness regardless of your ball striking level? Do you...
  11. Scrap Iron

Launch Monitor Data. What Do You Look For

For those who hit on a lunch monitor when testing clubs or getting fit what data do you look at first and put an importance on? The big ones for me are launch angle, spin, carry, ball speed and yards offline and for curiosity sake my swing speed. I feel with those numbers I can tell what I...
  12. Scrap Iron

Think I Need Lower Driver Spin

From what I've read and looking at my numbers I think I need to reduce my spin to get better performance and I'm not sure how to go about it so any comments and advice are welcome however. It a new driver is not an option. I'm thinking more in the lines of ball and shafts that could help reduce...
  13. Scrap Iron

Playing irons too long

Are there any indications that you irons are too long. Does the ball flight favor a fade or hook? Do longer irons promote fat shots? Is there anything on the sole that could give a clue like seeing wear in the toe or heel? Does cutting a shaft -1/4 make any difference? Thanks
  14. S

Timeline for Ping Order

Has anyone had any recent experience ordering from Ping and how long did it take from the time the order was placed. The only threads I can really find are all for custom orders. I was fit on Friday morning the 27th for a set of red dot g25 irons with the stock stiff shafts I didnt think that...
  15. JollyGrnBucket

Edel Putter Fitting Review

Last month I had the opportunity to do a putter fitting with Edel Golf. I was fit by their regional fitter for Illinois and their Vice President for Business Development at the Golf Galaxy in Chesterfield, MO. It was an outstanding experience! First, we began by selecting my current putter, a...
  16. Scrap Iron

M.O.I.???

I know that it stands for moment of inertia but what is it? What does it do? Is higher better? Do I even need to care about it? I really have no clue about it.
  17. J

custom club fitting

I am hoping to get some feedback from anyone that has gone through the custom fitting process. I recently went out to Golf Galaxy and purchased a set of Ping i20's, and was fitted for them while out there. Being the way that I am, I became slightly nervous during my fitting session because I...
  18. S

Need some fitting advice

Short Version: I went to and was fit at Golftec yesterday. They recommended I get the taylormade speedblade iron with a flighted project x 5.5 shaft. The only problem that I really have is I hit everything off a mat. I had honestly never hit a single golf ball off a mat and I was honestly very...
  19. Chi6

Edwin Watts Hosting a TaylorMade Fitting Day, any members ever attend one of these?

Local Edwin Watts here in Doral, FL is having TaylorMade Fitting Day. I am interested in attending because I want to test the SLDR with better shaft options and if it feels better than the stock 57 I will definitely buy it. I just hope this isn't the usual everyday "fitting" that Edwin Watts...
  20. W

Recently fitted and need your input

I recently went through a full bag fitting with Golf Tec and I am down to two irons to choose from, they both spec'd out equally so now it's a matter of preference and style. The two iron sets I am trying to decide between are the Mizuno JPX-825 Pro or the Ping i20. I would love some feedback...
Back