1. dAS0

The Goal of a Better Tee Game

Also known as my drive to drive better. I have struggled throughout my golf career with the driver, from a huge slice growing up to a 2 way miss currently. When ever I think I have smoothed things out, old habits and complete 'wtf' moments pop up and I don't know where to start correcting...
  2. TJRyska

The Golf Live App

Anyone here use The Golf Live app? I just found out about it today. Looks pretty neat. Users can receive virtual golf lessons instantly or scheduled with certified Golf Live coaches. I just created an account. Hoping to try out a lesson soon and let y’all know my thoughts. If you’ve used the...
  3. iampatrick

Relearning Golf Blog

Hey everyone.. so I haven't played Golf in over a year. I decided to clean the slate and start fresh during covid since I knew I couldn't play consistently each week. This is going to be a blog to track my progress, mostly for accountability purposes and share with the forum how I've progressed...
  4. Deano

Does your pro use a launch monitor?

Would you get lessons with a pro that doesn't use a launch monitor or something similar, or even that simply films your swing? Just asking as the last lesson I had was with a pro that didn't use anything and I've seen a few videos lately from Mark Crossfield saying that he would absolutely...
  5. JCoop

The Dark Art - How to learn to putt

As a relative golf noob it has taken me a couple of years but I'm beginning to see the light. Putting is very, very important. With that in mind, how would I best go about learning to putt properly? And how do I figure out whether my inherited mallet putter is right for me or if I ought to...
  6. deuce

Deuce's Lesson Thread

So I take my first lesson tomorrow. Working with the club pro at Darlington Country Club here in South Cackalacky. A bit tentative because I have the feeling that my swing is going to have to be retooled, but ... since I've only been playing for about 7 months now, I guess better now than later...
  7. Cferguson1978

Starting lessons this morning!

Ive only been taking this game seriously for about the last 2 years. I seem to play better every round out and have noticed that I am hitting every club in my bag longer than I ever have. Saw a nice deal on 3 lessons on Groupon and have a buddy that knows and respects the instructor. Hoping he...
  8. acessence

My First Lesson (Video Review Golf town)

Hey All, As previously posted, had my first ever golf lessons today, primarily concentrating on the fundementals(stance, followthrow etc) So thought I'd post my first video review of my lesson today at the Local Golf town. Any feedback would be appreciated, in addition to the instructor...
  9. ahh2fly

Lessons at The Golf Lab

I had a lesson at The Golf Lab in downtown Salt Lake City, Utah with Corey Badger on Tuesday after work. I learned so much from him and seeing myself on video really helped me to understand what I needed to work on. I felt like I looked ridiculous, but when I looked at the video, I realized I...
  10. J

GolfTEC swing evaluation

In another thread I mentioned, about a week ago, that I had a ""Groupon" for a swing evaluation at GolfTEC in Tampa. Well, today I took advantage of the offer and all I can say is ""O_M_G" Absolutely the best day of golf since my last hole in one. I have been playing for (ahem) several years...
Back