1. W

New to golf tech - Can data be used to self 'fit' clubs?

Hi all, New here, but not new to golf...although it's been a VERY long time. Background: I used to play on my high school team back in the late 80's, was pretty decent (not scratch), then rarely played between then and now. Perhaps 10 rounds total (with about 4 recently). Have more time now...
  2. #troy

Tableau - Who uses Data Visualization in their day job?

Our company went all in on data visualization last year and have been gradually learning/developing my Tableau skills. It is a pretty cool tool with many applications. Does anyone use Tableau for their work? Tableau has also published a Covid-19 global tracker- pretty interesting to look at...
  3. MCGolfTM

Wood/Iron Comparison

Went to an indoor playing simulator today to compare a 4 iron, 2 driving iron, and my 5 wood. The 4i is at 20.5*, the 2 iron is at 16* and the 5 wood is 17*. Granted it was only a few swings with each club, but the data was same for all the other swings. I only captured 4 each to compare. What...
  4. Scrap Iron

Launch Monitor Data. What Do You Look For

For those who hit on a lunch monitor when testing clubs or getting fit what data do you look at first and put an importance on? The big ones for me are launch angle, spin, carry, ball speed and yards offline and for curiosity sake my swing speed. I feel with those numbers I can tell what I...
Back