Fresh off a runner up finish at the Tour Championship and a win at the WGC FedEx St. Jude, Scotty Cameron is releasing a new putter inspired by Justin Thomas. Hitting stores on the 22nd of this month, the limited edition is designed to the specs of the putter JT is using.
Each putter incorporates the custom setup that JT has been using for a number of years now including the welded slant neck. To commemorate this special release, Scotty and team created a “Circle JT” emblem that is engraved on the heel of the putter face.
“Justin Thomas is one of those unique players who only comes around once or twice in a generation,” Cameron said. “He first visited the Putter Studio as a young amateur when he played a Newport 2. JT loved that traditional putter look. But even after getting his first tour win with the blade, he started to consider a change. He poked around our putter bag on the Tour Van and was initially drawn to the Futura X5 – the compact mallet shape really suited his eye. After some back-and-forth discussions, I welded him a small slant neck as a prototype setup – and here we are, 12 PGA Tour wins later and still counting with the same putter – including a major championship, two World Golf Championships and a FedEx Championship. Players are always asking me for a welded-neck putter like JT’s. It’s a special setup that deserves this kind of treatment.”
• Multi-material head with solid face technology features a standard-milled solid 303 stainless steel face that extends through the wings, while the 6061 aircraft aluminum sole plate allows for superior weight distribution to increase MOI and stability.
• Tour-winning setup is crafted at 34.5 inches with 10-gram customizable stainless steel heel and toe weights for proper balance and increased stability throughout the stroke.
• Welded small slant neck – hand welded on every putter like JT’s original prototype – provides increased toe flow for the mallet head style.
• Signature markings – including a special “Circle JT” emblem engraved into the face heel, and Thomas’ signature designed into the aluminum sole plate – complete the “Inspired by” look and feel.
• Solid milled stainless steel construction is milled in the United States from a block of solid 303 stainless steel for legendary performance and playability with consistent sound and soft feel.
The inspired by JT Phantom X5.5 come complete with a limited embroidered headcover and Scotty Cameron shaft band.
Being year 2020, that is exactly how many of these are being made available at Titleist authorized golf shops. The cost to jump on this limited run? $850