Official NBA Thread

I don't know dude. I wouldn't. He'd probably hold a press conference over what shot to take. Then just end up passing the ball anyway.

I agree with your take on him the person. I dont like it either. But I agree with CB here. I would take him over just about anybody right now in the league for the final shot. And I too find that idea overrated.

I wonder if Lebron will get so bored with basketball and being so great that he will quit in the middle of his career and decide to play TE for the Dolphins? And then come back and win a couple more championships.

I wonder if Lebron will get so bored with basketball and being so great that he will quit in the middle of his career and decide to play TE for the Dolphins? And then come back and win a couple more championships.

He would make Jason Witten look like Jason Sittin :act-up:

If he tried to play football he would take one hit across the middle from an inside linebacker and then he would take his talents back to the NBA/.

lmao @ Jason Sittin. Lebron is one big dude. Seriously he looks like he could play TE or something. I love how Lebron can shoot from anywhere on the court and I mean anywhere. Its pretty impressive even though he doesnt make everything but no one does. And I think his defense is second to none. When he decides to shut someone down theyre done. Jason Terry in game 1? Bron made him a non factor.

It's kinda weird for me. I don't know if I really do dislike him as a person. I wish I could find the article but there was a good one where a reporter followed him for a night. Showed Lebron in a different light. Not good or bad, just different. I actually felt more of a connection (not good or bad) with Lebron as a person.

I still wouldn't take him. He could lead the team to victory and it still wouldnt be enough. Stubborn yeah, misguided most likely but as a fan of the game (not always a good one) I will probably never be able to take the blinders off. There is just something about him on the court that does not sit well at all. He make some jaw dropping moves but doesn't do it for me.

I love the final shot idea. While a lot of times it wont make or break a championship, sometimes it can.

I agree with your take on him the person. I dont like it either. But I agree with CB here. I would take him over just about anybody right now in the league for the final shot. And I too find that idea overrated.

Stubborn yeah, misguided most likely but as a fan of the game (not always a good one) I will probably never be able to take the blinders off.

Spoken like a true Jay Cutler fan.

Out of curiosity, what do you think Michael Jordan's percentage was for the final shot? Kobe Bryant?

I wouldnt be surprised if he did. He seems to have the same personality as ochostinko

I wouldnt be surprised if he did. He seems to have the same personality as ochostinko

Really? Im borderline shocked by this comparison.
A guy that is many times pass first. Has never buried his teammates. I mean outside of the circus of the decision (which was as much as the media or more, than him), I dont see how anybody could ever link those two. Can you elaborate a little bit?

I love Jay Cutler.

Just being honest though.

No idear. Lebron's could be 50% and I still wouldn't. I don't like him on the court at all. In this case I cannot separate that feeling I get from him, from his basketball skills.

Spoken like a true Jay Cutler fan.

Out of curiosity, what do you think Michael Jordan's percentage was for the final shot? Kobe Bryant?

JB, back to the elevated play of those around MJ for second. What about Pippen as one for an example. Pippen with Jordan was pretty damn good and then sans Jordan not even close. Remember when Pippen refused to go back into a game that was on the line?

JB, back to the elevated play of those around MJ for second. What about Pippen as one for an example. Pippen with Jordan was pretty damn good and then sans Jordan not even close. Remember when Pippen refused to go back into a game that was on the line?

Character and play are two different things.
I think Pippen proved he could do quite well without MJ. Stats say he did. Heck the record did too. Some could argue the other way. MJ could not win without Pippen. I wouldnt necessarily, but many would.

Character and play are two different things.
I think Pippen proved he could do quite well without MJ. Stats say he did. Heck the record did too. Some could argue the other way. MJ could not win without Pippen. I wouldnt necessarily, but many would.

Well thats actually true for every superstar. Without the other "parts" in place none of them ever won. Jordan was in the league for what, 5 years or so before he got Pippen and whoever else it was around him? I guess thats why its a team sport huh?

He just seems very conceited to me, all about LeBron. He knows hes great. The personalities seem identical to me. I dont watch a ton of sports, and Lebrons a great guy to watch, but thats just what I have seen in my small amount of exposure to both of them.

That being said, I understand LeBron is much more of a team player and knows how to get stuff done on the court as a team. But off the court, thats just what I see.

Really? Im borderline shocked by this comparison.
A guy that is many times pass first. Has never buried his teammates. I mean outside of the circus of the decision (which was as much as the media or more, than him), I dont see how anybody could ever link those two. Can you elaborate a little bit?

Lebron seems to be much friendlier to the common man than MJ was and is. I'm a huge fan of what MJ did on the court, but he's a prick and people don't seem to know or don't care.

Just so you all know... JB was pretty much right with the final shot %'s and numbers. Well through almost all the 09 season.. Stats FTW!

Just so you all know... JB was pretty much right with the final shot %'s and numbers. Well through almost all the 09 season.. Stats FTW!

For the record, that was without looking a single thing up. Swear on Ellie.

I agree, Lebron is a freak show when it comes to the athleticism but does he elevate the play of those around him the same was MJ did? And sure MJ's story has been told and goes like this, the best ever. Period. You cant say that about Lebron up to this point but like you say his story is ongoing.

He elevated his teammates in Cleveland during the regular season (ridiculous passes, etc), but collapsed during the playoffs year after year.. I don't care how good a team is.. When you have a player like Lebron choking through an entire series shooting absolutely terribly, demanding the ball, coughing the ball up, and flat out not showing up to games, you're never going to win a championship.

Maybe he's changed since he went to Miami, but Cleveland Lebron was nothing in comparison to what MJ brought to the game and his team.

He elevated his teammates in Cleveland during the regular season (ridiculous passes, etc), but collapsed during the playoffs year after year.. I don't care how good a team is.. When you have a player like Lebron choking through an entire series shooting absolutely terribly, demanding the ball, coughing the ball up, and flat out not showing up to games, you're never going to win a championship.

Maybe he's changed since he went to Miami, but Cleveland Lebron was nothing in comparison to what MJ brought to the game and his team.

Looked pretty good against Detroit while with Cleveland. One guy took on an entire conference and did quite well. Now we are seeing just how bad that team was around him.

He just seems very conceited to me, all about LeBron. He knows hes great. The personalities seem identical to me. I dont watch a ton of sports, and Lebrons a great guy to watch, but thats just what I have seen in my small amount of exposure to both of them.

That being said, I understand LeBron is much more of a team player and knows how to get stuff done on the court as a team. But off the court, thats just what I see.

I think it depends on the scenario whether lbj is a team player or not.. He had brilliant moments in Cleveland with his teammates, but come on.. Witness? "King" James? I have a really hard time seeing it not being all about himself.

Lol, dude you just know sports. As soon as you brought it up, I figured it was more than true. But I love looking at stats.

I'd post them here but I don't know how to put on excel spreadsheet on without messing it up. Well done though haha. I mean it's close and obviously they can be looked at from different angles, but stats really back Bron up for that period.

For the record, that was without looking a single thing up. Swear on Ellie.

I think it depends on the scenario whether lbj is a team player or not.. He had brilliant moments in Cleveland with his teammates, but come on.. Witness? "King" James? I have a really hard time seeing it not being all about himself.

To be fair, you are slightly biased right now, would you not agree?

Looked pretty good against Detroit while with Cleveland. One guy took on an entire conference and did quite well. Now we are seeing just how bad that team was around him.

The team had a superstar. A guy who the entire offense was designed around. I'm not saying for one second that he isn't a fantastic basketball player. All I am saying is that his tendencies in the playoffs were far different than they were in the regular season. He has the ability to get the entire opposing team looking at him, creating opportunities for absolutely ridiculous plays that had me spun in my chair, but when push came to shove, he crumpled, and not just once. And each time, up until that point, he was nothing short of dominant. I'll definitely give you that.

To be fair, you are slightly biased right now, would you not agree?

I've never been a basketball specific fan. I had a cousin living with me during LeBron's second to last year in Cleveland and he was a HUGE Cavs fan, so I got full exposure to the team and their style of play. I wouldn't call myself a Cavs fan, but I was certainly a fan of Lebron and the team during his time there. It was incredible to watch, and I felt like he had the support system needed to go the distance. Does it surprise me that they fell apart without him? Not in the least.

Am I biased in that I think he abandoned them? Sure. But my opinion on him after his playoff collapse wasn't inflated after he left.

Is no one watching the game?

Back