Official NBA Thread

"I don't believe, what I just saw"

horrible shot selection by miami down the stretch. unbelieveable effort by dallas. that was crazy

Thanks Kmac.

I voted for Dallas. I like Texas girls, for a couple of reasons: the accents, the fact that they probably eat bbq, and I would think that a Miami girl would have too much attitude.

YW. While Im not a huge fan of the NBA and its circus, I am a fan of the dancers. And I agree with you, Texas girls are always better.

Oh yeah look what happened last night. Lebron is far and away the best player in the circus but that Dirk guy aint bad.

YW. While Im not a huge fan of the NBA and its circus, I am a fan of the dancers. And I agree with you, Texas girls are always better.

Oh yeah look what happened last night. Lebron is far and away the best player in the circus but that Dirk guy aint bad.

I like that Dirk. I wonder how he got time off from his role in the movie Die Hard to come play basketball?

Rick Carlysle is comparing Dirk to Larry Bird.

I like that Dirk. I wonder how he got time off from his role in the movie Die Hard to come play basketball?

Rick Carlysle is comparing Dirk to Larry Bird.

That is hysterical. Truly hysterical.
Daniel Tosh had a funny line about him in this video. I think its this one.

I dont care who you are that Tosh is freakin funny. The more I see his show the more I like it.

Dear all Lebron James haters,
You may not have liked the way he did "the decision" or the god awful dancing press conference where they dubbed themselves "the heatles", but LeBron James is FAR AND AWAY the best player in the NBA and just a man among boys. Even Dwayne Wade says he is the leader of this team and we are watching a once in a generation talent. You have about 1 more week to say "well he hasn't won a ring!" and then like Ohio State fans you are going to have to come up with something else to say.

I didn't like the way "The Decision" was handled however there is no denying how good Lebron James is. I'd love to see Dallas win this series, just so all summer we can hear "What went wrong with the Heat." I don't think that will happen, I think the Heat are that good and will win this thing back in Miami.

I think its short sighted and mistake to prematurely give Lebron the ring. Dallas is pretty good. Besides, Dirk is better then Larry Legend! :alien:

after GG starts baking all of those goodies, how long till JB checks in to the 5-10-15 thread?

after GG starts baking all of those goodies, how long till JB checks in to the 5-10-15 thread?

lol I dont think JB will ever check into that thread..

lol I dont think JB will ever check into that thread..

Naw I don't think thats his style. On topic thought, what an epic collapse last night. Spolstra made some insane coaching decisions that he couldn't even defend in the post game news conference, and the players just thought they had the game one and tried to coast to the win. It was almost hard to watch.

Naw I don't think thats his style. On topic thought, what an epic collapse last night. Spolstra made some insane coaching decisions that he couldn't even defend in the post game news conference, and the players just thought they had the game one and tried to coast to the win. It was almost hard to watch.

Ive had to read up on it since I have to be up at 5AM this week but I pretty much read the same thing. They got a little ahead of themselves and it cost them. Dirk the Legend took it to them and stole that game at the end.

But I was watching the first two quarters and man I thought at one point Wade was going to beat the Mavericks all by himself. That guy can just take a game over.

CB, I love your style man. But to say Lebron is the best player in the NBA, I can't agree. He isn't a man among boys. Wade is the heart and soul of the team. Give me a Wade/Rose pairing over Bron/Wade any day. Can't make up for heart and I don't Lebron has it. He is great, don't get me wrong but he lacks something.

CB, I love your style man. But to say Lebron is the best player in the NBA, I can't agree. He isn't a man among boys. Wade is the heart and soul of the team. Give me a Wade/Rose pairing over Bron/Wade any day. Can't make up for heart and I don't Lebron has it. He is great, don't get me wrong but he lacks something.

I love you buddy and respect your opinion, but watching what LeBron does on the court as a basketball fan and former player is just something special. He can make passes that most point guards can't make, and he's a willing passer. He can shoot, drive, finish at the basket, and draw fouls getting the other team in foul trouble. He is one of the best 1-on-1 defenders in the NBA and has a basketball IQ that is second to none, plus he has proved many many times in these playoffs that he is a closer and clutch under pressure. All this is without even mentioning that he is the most gifted athlete that we have possibly ever seen. I've watched basketball my whole life and I've never seen a player as gifted as LeBron is.

I love you buddy and respect your opinion, but watching what LeBron does on the court as a basketball fan and former player is just something special. He can make passes that most point guards can't make, and he's a willing passer. He can shoot, drive, finish at the basket, and draw fouls getting the other team in foul trouble. He is one of the best 1-on-1 defenders in the NBA and has a basketball IQ that is second to none, plus he has proved many many times in these playoffs that he is a closer and clutch under pressure. All this is without even mentioning that he is the most gifted athlete that we have possibly ever seen. I've watched basketball my whole life and I've never seen a player as gifted as LeBron is.

While for the most part I agree with all that I'll raise you one Michal Jordan. Ive never and still have never seen anyone that could do what he did on the court. Lebron included. Jordan was simply the best ever and I dont think Lebron is on his level, yet.

While for the most part I agree with all that I'll raise you one Michal Jordan. Ive never and still have never seen anyone that could do what he did on the court. Lebron included. Jordan was simply the best ever and I dont think Lebron is on his level, yet.

I wont get into the best ever argument, but I will say that MJ was not even close to the pure athlete that James is.
MJ is arguably a better basketball player. Heck it might not even be arguable at this stage, but pure athlete. I dont even think its close. Size strength, agility, speed, quickness, burst, jumping. James does all of that.

I wont get into the best ever argument, but I will say that MJ was not even close to the pure athlete that James is.
MJ is arguably a better basketball player. Heck it might not even be arguable at this stage, but pure athlete. I dont even think its close. Size strength, agility, speed, quickness, burst, jumping. James does all of that.

The best ever argument is silly at this point, MJ's story has been told but LeBron's is still going on, but the bolded part is 100% true. There has never been an athelete like LeBron.

I agree, Lebron is a freak show when it comes to the athleticism but does he elevate the play of those around him the same was MJ did? And sure MJ's story has been told and goes like this, the best ever. Period. You cant say that about Lebron up to this point but like you say his story is ongoing.

I agree, Lebron is a freak show when it comes to the athleticism but does he elevate the play of those around him the same was MJ did? And sure MJ's story has been told and goes like this, the best ever. Period. You cant say that about Lebron up to this point but like you say his story is ongoing.

Hmmmm.
I guess you could say that Kukoc, Longley, etc...were elevated. I think MJ is one of if not the best to ever play. Im not sure all stats say so, but that is what makes these debates so interesting. But I am not sure he made those around him all that much better. He was a pure player, that could do just about everything (later in his career). But I never thought of him as the guy that made everybody else better, ala Magic, Bird, etc.

Hmmmm.
I guess you could say that Kukoc, Longley, etc...were elevated. I think MJ is one of if not the best to ever play. Im not sure all stats say so, but that is what makes these debates so interesting. But I am not sure he made those around him all that much better. He was a pure player, that could do just about everything (later in his career). But I never thought of him as the guy that made everybody else better, ala Magic, Bird, etc.

You really dont think he elevated all those around him? Interesting. I agree its a great debate but I still dont think theres much to debate about Jordan. One thing I think Jordan had that was off the charts and no one else comes close to and thats his sheer desire to win.

You really dont think he elevated all those around him? Interesting. I agree its a great debate but I still dont think theres much to debate about Jordan. One thing I think Jordan had that was off the charts and no one else comes close to and thats his sheer desire to win.

He did have that. I dont think anymore more so than Magic, Bird or Russell though. That is what made those players special.
I really dont think that he made those around him that much better. Elevated? Yes. Without question as most HOF players would do. To the level that makes that a special trait? No. Not in my opinion.

I agree with everyone saying Lebron is a freak athlete but I don't put him in the best in the league as far as basketball player. Who would you rather have taking that final shot for the heat? Bron or Wade? I get he does a lot of things, and a lot of things great but give me Wade, Bryant, Nowiztki, Pierce, Garnett, Rose (maybe) over Bron for the final shot. Granted I don't follow basketball as close as I used too. This isn't a knock on Lebron (although maybe it is) but if I can't say give him the final shot, then I can't say he is the best over those other players that do really great things. Or maybe I just need to watch more ball.

I agree with everyone saying Lebron is a freak athlete but I don't put him in the best in the league as far as basketball player. Who would you rather have taking that final shot for the heat? Bron or Wade? I get he does a lot of things, and a lot of things great but give me Wade, Bryant, Nowiztki, Pierce, Garnett, Rose (maybe) over Bron for the final shot. Granted I don't follow basketball as close as I used too. This isn't a knock on Lebron (although maybe it is) but if I can't say give him the final shot, then I can't say he is the best over those other players that do really great things. Or maybe I just need to watch more ball.

I would give him the ball over most of those other guys to win the game except for maybe Kobe, but the whole final shot argument is over rated. The only reason you might be in position to win the game at the end is because LeBron went for 28 points with 8 boards, and 7 assists, and shut down the other teams best player.

I don't know dude. I wouldn't. He'd probably hold a press conference over what shot to take. Then just end up passing the ball anyway.

I would give him the ball over most of those other guys to win the game except for maybe Kobe, but the whole final shot argument is over rated. The only reason you might be in position to win the game at the end is because LeBron went for 28 points with 8 boards, and 7 assists, and shut down the other teams best player.

Back