The iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just reading about the new iOS 5 and all the new features etc. Had to laugh about the new notification bar that you pull down. Yup just like android. lol.

Tapatalk: better on the iPad

Some of the new features do sound quite good though, haven't been able to find the release date though

Some of the new features do sound quite good though, haven't been able to find the release date though

I just read that developers can get their copy right now and it will release to the public in the fall. With a new phone is my guess.

Developers seed, should be able to get hold of that quite easily then. May try it out

I was just reading about the new iOS 5 and all the new features etc. Had to laugh about the new notification bar that you pull down. Yup just like android. lol.

That was pretty funny. In fact quite a lot of what El Jobso discussed today was Google like. If these two would ever get together and create one unit, it would be heaven.
Instead we get a great looking unit that is closed.
Or we get an extremely open unit that functions great, but has no standard across their machines.

Apple is great at 'if you can't beat them, borrow from them' but they don't like it when people do that to them

That was pretty funny. In fact quite a lot of what El Jobso discussed today was Google like. If these two would ever get together and create one unit, it would be heaven.
Or we get an extremely open unit that functions great, but has no standard across their machines

*Ring Ring* Hello? Its the truth calling.

Or we get an extremely open unit that functions great, but has no standard across their machines.

That's why a jailbroken iPhone is the best phone on the market. Mine isn't jailbroken because I kept loosing my signal so had to restore back to standard Apple IOS

That's why a jailbroken iPhone is the best phone on the market. Mine isn't jailbroken because I kept loosing my signal so had to restore back to standard Apple IOS

It is? WHy? It still runs the same OS and on the same hardware.

That is so true. Sad but true.

Apple is great at 'if you can't beat them, borrow from them' but they don't like it when people do that to them

It was nice to hear that Samsung requested the specs for upcoming Apple devices in their counter-suit to Apple requesting upcoming Samsung device specs. Finally somebody standing up to them.

because you have effectively unlocked apples restrictions allowing you to install a multitude of useful apps that improve on what Apple have created.

The IOS is the same so you still get all of Apples standard functions, it's just you get the option to improve on the features

In my opinion you have improved on the iPhone if you jailbreak it

Hardware yes. OS is a little debatable depending on which jail breaking program you use.

because you have effectively unlocked apples restrictions allowing you to install a multitude of useful apps that improve on what Apple have created.

The IOS is the same so you still get all of Apples standard functions, it's just you get the option to improve on the features

In my opinion you have improved on the iPhone if you jailbreak it

But you are still limited by the hardware. If that were the case, I would assume that a rooted EVO would be the best phone on the planet because of the fact that the hardware dwarfs the IPhone in almost every way.

Hardware yes. OS is a little debatable depending on which jail breaking program you use.

But if you are going to alter the OS, dont you effectively kill the one thing that Apple has going for it? Because the hardware does not stack up.

But you are still limited by the hardware. If that were the case, I would assume that a rooted EVO would be the best phone on the planet because of the fact that the hardware dwarfs the IPhone in almost every way.

Not heard of the EVO so can't comment on that one.

Every new revision of the iPhone has improved on the hardware in massive leaps and bounds. I am no Apple fan boy but I can't see myself ever changing from an iPhone to any other device and I have tried a lot of phones

But if you are going to alter the OS, dont you effectively kill the one thing that Apple has going for it? Because the hardware does not stack up.

I agree actually. I jail broke my Iphone 3gs and it was opening up a whole can of worms. Phone never worked right.
My iphone 4's OS is in pristine condition, can't say as much for the screen though.

Every new revision of the iPhone has improved on the hardware in massive leaps and bounds.

of course it has. I mean it should right? I think most revisions of anything in electronics, especially cell phones, improve on hardware. Specs alone at least. But the IPhone is not anywhere NEAR other cell phones on the market in terms of hardware. Its not even close really. They do however have a very attractive OS that is easy to use and early adopted.

That's actually a very valid point. People wouldn't try to unlock the OS if Apple were not as restrictive with it though

As I said my phone is not jailbroken and I am more than happy with it as it is

of course it has. I mean it should right? I think most revisions of anything in electronics, especially cell phones, improve on hardware. Specs alone at least. But the IPhone is not anywhere NEAR other cell phones on the market in terms of hardware. Its not even close really. They do however have a very attractive OS that is easy to use and early adopted.

I think the problem is that Apple have essentially taken an iPod and added call features to it. It will however be interesting to see what the iPhone 5 delivers in terms of new hardware and upgrades

I can feel the debate coming. It's just a few more posts away. I have two close friends. One works for apple in Cupertino. The other manages a verizon store. Android owners turn blue in the face explaining why it's better than the iPhone. Then a stranger walks by and says "cool phone, is it an iPhone?" then all hell breaks loose.

I tapped that.

I can feel the debate coming. It's just a few more posts away. I have two close friends. One works for apple in Cupertino. The other manages a verizon store. Android owners turn blue in the face explaining why it's better than the iPhone. Then a stranger walks by and says "cool phone, is it an iPhone?" then all hell breaks loose.

I tapped that.

I dont think you will see it here. Too many level headed people. The truth is that Apple does well what it always has done well. Build a very clean OS that works extremely well and is 10000% stable (except when its not). Android offers an open platform that features a far more open platform for its users. Debating the OS is a perfectly irrational debate. Because its preference. What isnt preference is hardware specs. Its not hard to look up and see what phones are running what. Does that make them better? To some yes, to others, their phone is only about the OS, so no.

I love it. Two of the biggest features coming to the new OS are

Notification Bar
IMessenger

Now that is incredible innovation.
By Google and Blackberry that is.

Notification Bar has been on Android since day 1 and El Jobso said it wasnt necessary.
And IMessenger is simply a rebranded version of Blackberry Messenger. A ripoff if you will to work with Apple devices.

For a company that drops the legal hammers on every company out there, this is another wonderful example of their incredible theft....ERRRR I mean innovation they bring us. I cannot wait for the fans to get the new OS and tell the world how wonderful these features are...Most not realizing that they could have had these features for years.

I love it. Two of the biggest features coming to the new OS are

Notification Bar
IMessenger

Now that is incredible innovation.
By Google and Blackberry that is.

Notification Bar has been on Android since day 1 and El Jobso said it wasnt necessary.
And IMessenger is simply a rebranded version of Blackberry Messenger. A ripoff if you will to work with Apple devices.

For a company that drops the legal hammers on every company out there, this is another wonderful example of their incredible theft....ERRRR I mean innovation they bring us. I cannot wait for the fans to get the new OS and tell the world how wonderful these features are...Most not realizing that they could have had these features for years.

There is not one single thing to debate in this post because its 100% true. I thought the exact same thing when I read about the updates and I cant wait to actually get on my iphone what my Droid had a few years ago. LOL

There is not one single thing to debate in this post because its 100% true. I thought the exact same thing when I read about the updates and I cant wait to actually get on my iphone what my Droid had a few years ago. LOL

Its sad really. That a company that was nothing short of miraculous over the last decade in terms of hardware and OS innovation has become nothing short of the hamburgler in terms of the last 3 years when it comes to the mobile market.

Do we not remember cut and paste? El Jobso said that was not needed on the IPhone
Do we not remember MMS? El Jobso said nobody wanted to send picture messages without email
How about lack of video? Nobody wanted video on their cell phones Jeebus proclaimed

And here we are again with 2 major revisions to the OS being things that have been out for years. Oooohhhhh and a shiny new built in twitter application. Hey Jobsi? HTC did this 2 years ago with Peep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back