The iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the cons to unlocking an iPhone? And what is jailbreaking?

Unlocking and jailbreaking are two separate things. Unlocking means you can get your iPhone to work on another carriers service (ie T-Mobile). Jailbreaking is bypassing some of the restrictions placed on your phone by Apple. I always jailbreak my phone, I pretty much can't function without my phone jailbroken. For example, I have an app that allows me to bypass the restriction on the maximum size of file that you can download over a 3G connection (20mb) that AT&T has implemented. The app is called My3G and it basically tricks your phone into thinking it has a Wifi connection so you can complete the download. I listen to a lot of audiobooks and this is a super convenient app to have on my phone.

As far as voiding the warranty, this is true. HOWEVER, it is the easiest thing in the world to unjailbreak your phone (just connect to iTunes and restore your phone), and nobody can know that you once had it jailbroken.

Anyone have a Zagg invisishield on their iPhone 4?
If you do, how do you keep it on!

I have one on both my 2nd gen iPod touch, and my iPhone... the one on my iPod has been there for 3 years, no problem whatsoever. The one on my iPhone has been on since December 24th, and it's completely peeled off twice!
I don't think I can send it back for a new one though, since technically they could chalk it up to an installment failure. I put it on as perfectly as perfect can be though.

Anyone have a Zagg invisishield on their iPhone 4?
If you do, how do you keep it on!

I have one on both my 2nd gen iPod touch, and my iPhone... the one on my iPod has been there for 3 years, no problem whatsoever. The one on my iPhone has been on since December 24th, and it's completely peeled off twice!
I don't think I can send it back for a new one though, since technically they could chalk it up to an installment failure. I put it on as perfectly as perfect can be though.

I used to put those on all of my stuff. I have had the same issue, whereas the one I put on my wife's phone is fine. I have decided the issue is that I put my phone in my pocket and she puts hers in her purse. It has to be the friction of constantly putting it in and taking it out of the pocket that causes the edges to peel and ultimately the whole thing to peel off.

I used to put those on all of my stuff. I have had the same issue, whereas the one I put on my wife's phone is fine. I have decided the issue is that I put my phone in my pocket and she puts hers in her purse. It has to be the friction of constantly putting it in and taking it out of the pocket that causes the edges to peel and ultimately the whole thing to peel off.

I've marked it down to that and also heat.
The first time it happened, i had my phone in my dress shirt pocket and the front piece of it melted right off.
Some of my friends have hard cases that they put over their shield and it works quite nicely.
If only I could find one that I liked.

I've marked it down to that and also heat.
The first time it happened, i had my phone in my dress shirt pocket and the front piece of it melted right off.
Some of my friends have hard cases that they put over their shield and it works quite nicely.
If only I could find one that I liked.

I am in the same boat. I have not found one that I liked or that works with my iHome or car hook up. So until then my phone is going commando, which obviously isn't the best thing as I cracked the screen the other day when I dropped it.

I tried a soft case (by case-mate) from costco.. it's just rubber, but the darn thing is so soft that it stretched from being put in/pulled out of my pocket, so now it absolutely terrorizes my zagg even more. Each time I do anything, the edges peel back and then push back so they grab the zagg and peel it again. It's driving me NUTS.

My wife is putting me in a pickle right now over phones. Last time we upped 2 and a half years ago I got a 3g and she just got a texting phone. Needless to say her battery has been shot for 6 months now, she is dying for an iphone and the "iphone 5 is just a few months away" argument is no longer working now that her battery will go from 100% to needing a charge in a 10 hour time frame idling or 3 hours with use.

I told her flat out we're not getting iphone4's and have now started looking at android phones. I like the looks of the Atrix, as its the only good one on AT&T but at the same time I want to just wait for the 5, since that has been my plan and I can grandfather in my unlimited data plan. Maybe I just need to find her a cheap battery to convince her to wait another 3-4 months.

Mine goes naked except for the non glare screen protector which also hides finger prints. This is a must have for me.

I use just a very thin satin-finish case (Incipio Feather), which came with a surprisingly high-quality screen protector right in the box.
No problems with that setup so far, but I'm extremely protective of my phone. Never in the same pocket with keys or anything like that.

Has anyone else noticed any Microphone problems since the 4.2 IOS updates?

Both my iPhone 4 and the Wife's 3gs are doing exactly the same thing

My mic will cut out during calls but works fine when using the Voice recorder App and Skype. Also appears to work fine when on speakerphone.

Just booked an appointment with an Apple Genius for tomorrow morning to hopefully get a replacement

I've already had to get a replacement iPhone 4. My screen started to have funny vertical lines in the screen that wouldn't go away do I had my phone replaced. What a smart idea to backup your phone :) the Apple store could only transfer my contacts but when I transferred the backup that I did with my previous iPhone, and it transferred my pictures and even my notes. How cool is that, LOL :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love my iPhone 4 and have had zero issues with it!

I just really hope none of the hackers on this site were suckers and bought the white iPhone the other day. Talk about a waste(in my humble opinion) granted a new iPhone isn't guaranteed to come out next month but seriously the white should have just been held off till the brand new iPhone(5)

I just really hope none of the hackers on this site were suckers and bought the white iPhone the other day. Talk about a waste(in my humble opinion) granted a new iPhone isn't guaranteed to come out next month but seriously the white should have just been held off till the brand new iPhone(5)
No reason to hold it off.. If apple can get some buzz going and sales up for a bit, they're gonna do it.
I think it's been all but confirmed that the "iPhone 5" isn't coming until at least September.

I'm the sucker.

I needed to upgrade from my Blackberry because our startup is building a mobile app.

It was between the Iphone and the HTC Thunderbolt (Verizon), but I needed the extra battery life.

That said, the Android phones were outstanding.

Just back from Apple, they replaced my iPhone with a new one :D

Just back from Apple, they replaced my iPhone with a new one :D
Sweet! Wonder if they would have let you switch to white? (probably not)

Sweet! Wonder if they would have let you switch to white? (probably not)

Wouldn't have taken a white one anyway. I much prefer the black model

Wouldn't have taken a white one anyway. I much prefer the black model

The black with the brushed chrome around the sides is beautifull. The white looked cheap to me, I don't know why. It was completly opposite with the earlier 3gs Models though.

I'm the sucker.

I needed to upgrade from my Blackberry because our startup is building a mobile app.

It was between the Iphone and the HTC Thunderbolt (Verizon), but I needed the extra battery life.

That said, the Android phones were outstanding.

My battery life sucks on my iPhone.. those HTCs have to be phenomenally bad then!

Just came across a game thats quick fun and VERY Intense. Its called ONE SINGLE LIFE. Very simple game:
10 Levels, Objective is to jump from roof top to the other. Tap the screen once to start running, tap once more to jump. Sounds easy right? You really only get ONE SINGLE LIFE, in other words, once you die, you can NEVER PLAY THE GAME AGAIN. Oh and it's free. So it's good for one really tense hour of your time.

BTW in case you were wondering, I Choked on the last level....... And I'll never get another chance to try again. :banghead:

Edit: Oh there is a way to play again involving fake Itunes accounts but the game isn't THAT great.

Finally got rid of my BrickBerry and got an iPhone last Friday- still getting used to a touchscreen but liking it so far.

Anyone who has the Words With Friends app, my user name is the same as my THP name (ken419). I keep odd hours so I'm usually available to play around the clock.

Taaaaap-a-talk....tap tap taaap-a-talk....give it a little tap-a-rooonie...

Last edited:
i want an iphone bad, but my verizon upgrade isnt until sept!!! boooo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back