What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played the gold tees, 72.2/137, three over through 15 then finished bogie, bogie, bogie. Heat and humidity got me a little. 38-40 78

I was a bit nervous going into my round this morning with my friends since the last few days I've been drawing everything and not making solid contact. Today I had my swing back, sending the driver straight with some cut and making putts. My score doesn't reflect how much more satisfied I was with my contact today. Shot a 98 on a tough course. Front I had some triples due to being under some thick bush, fescue, trees etc. I started the back one over through five and even tho I tripled number six (took two times to get out of a green side bunker) I was still optimistic. Had par on the long par 5 and then tripled the last after my ball went OB and I duffed my chip.

All in all, my course management is getting a lot better as well is my putting. Just gotta quit getting the triples and I'll be at my goal of 85 this summer!

I am however REAL good at punching out of hazards and grinding out 5 foot combackers for bogey.

lmfao.

btw.....my yardage today was 6816 yards. 73.7/145 rating/slope. for men.

heehee.

SHot a 106. My irons were truly spotty. I had a bunch of great holes but about 4 holes that I blew up on that really destroyed my round. I tried some new things today. Somethings worked and some things didn't. I did however learn with a little tip to turn my slice into a fade.

Scored 29 points in my golf league - Stableford scoring. My quota is 20, so I played in +9. At one point on the back 9 I had 3 straight birdies, and left the 4th one 2" short. :-(

My partner was +4 with his quota, which was a great score for him.

Temperatures hit 102 degrees - a "7 bottles of water" round!

41 on the front, blew up and had a tough time with a 51 on the back..

putting and short game need some work..had a tough time finding the fairway on the back nine. Iron play was great, striking the ball great with my new irons!

Overall not a bad round for the first of the year.

I am however REAL good at punching out of hazards and grinding out 5 foot combackers for bogey.

lmfao.

heehee.

yer mah heerow...
i played the tips today 5917 68.8/123 buahaah

I played in a par 3 contest tonight at our course. We have it every year before the championship. I ended up in a tie for 3rd and had to play in a playoff. I hung on for 4 holes with a par on every hole and finally beat the guy. I am really proud of myself for holding up under pressure. It felt good to hang tough and beat him.

That's awesome OG - congrats on the victory!!

Way to gray! Kick some booty in the club championship

--
tapatalk

I played in a par 3 contest tonight at our course. We have it every year before the championship. I ended up in a tie for 3rd and had to play in a playoff. I hung on for 4 holes with a par on every hole and finally beat the guy. I am really proud of myself for holding up under pressure. It felt good to hang tough and beat him.
Sounds like you are ready for the championship run this weekend, go get 'em buddy. And congrats on the par 3 win.

Absolutely horrible day...I have been shooting between 39-41 most of the time, I have only had time to play 9 holes this year so far because it is always raining when I get off work or I am just busy...anyway...I had golf league tonight and had to pick up on most holes. Slicing my driver, sh*nking the driver, even sh*nked a few with the 3-wood and hybrid. I couldn't get off the tee. Then I was chunking my iron shots, duffing my pitch shots, and couldn't putt all day. I literally didn't hit one good shot all day. I missed numerous putts, and not just by a little. Way off line and speed was horrible. Couldn't lag a putt within 5 feet of the hole, and I missed numerous putts within 6 feet. Don't know what the deal is...by the time league was over I didn't have time to go to the range because my course doesn't have one and the nearest one is like 20 minutes away. It was 8:30 so I didn't have enough daylight to go hit any. Now it is supposed to rain the next 2 days, so this is going to be driving me nuts until then. I just could not figure out what is wrong with my swing...I couldn't drive, approach, chip, pitch, or putt today. So frustrated.

Just a bad day, dude. Shake it off and know that you'll get it back next time ;)

Absolutely horrible day...I have been shooting between 39-41 most of the time, I have only had time to play 9 holes this year so far because it is always raining when I get off work or I am just busy...anyway...I had golf league tonight and had to pick up on most holes. Slicing my driver, sh*nking the driver, even sh*nked a few with the 3-wood and hybrid. I couldn't get off the tee. Then I was chunking my iron shots, duffing my pitch shots, and couldn't putt all day. I literally didn't hit one good shot all day. I missed numerous putts, and not just by a little. Way off line and speed was horrible. Couldn't lag a putt within 5 feet of the hole, and I missed numerous putts within 6 feet. Don't know what the deal is...by the time league was over I didn't have time to go to the range because my course doesn't have one and the nearest one is like 20 minutes away. It was 8:30 so I didn't have enough daylight to go hit any. Now it is supposed to rain the next 2 days, so this is going to be driving me nuts until then. I just could not figure out what is wrong with my swing...I couldn't drive, approach, chip, pitch, or putt today. So frustrated.

Shot a 40(+4) for 9 after work. Hit 5 greens in a row, but couldn't get any putts to fall. Bogeyed the last 3, so it didn't end well. Overall happy with how I hit the ball tonight. No 3 putts either.

just tap it in!

lmfao.

heehee.

My specialty also. Haha. Love your handicap on here too. I hate low stimps.

Days like that frustrate me because I know I can play better, and it frustrates me more because I want to go out the next day or even after the round and figure out the problem.

Sorry to hear that. I do have a tip for you that should cure this problem. Go out to the range or go play on the course and play caveman golf. See ball, hit ball. No thinking about anything. Don't worry about exact yardages or anything just estimate as you're pulling up in the cart, grab the club, take one quick practice swing, get over it and just hit it hard. Let me know if this works out for you. It should get all the bad thoughts out of your head and remind yourself you know how to hit the ball.

84!!!! My best round in years. 45 Front & 39!!! on the back. 3 doubles on 5,6,7 killed my slim shot at the 70's.Still my best back nine ever!

50-44 - 94
Good back nine, Hawk.

Absolutely tore the course up tonight. 45/42, lol. My iron play is suddenly killing me, but think I may have put things together towards the end of the back nine. 25 to 30 mph winds didn't help, but keeping a little flex in my legs and slowing down my back swing net some good results coming in.
How is your back doing duey? Still taking it easy on the swings?

47 on 9 holes. Didn't score the back 9, but it was bad.
Very nice, Jacob.

+1 through 7, Lightning stopped me.
Wuss. If you can't feel the tingles, the lightning isn't very close, hehehe.

84!!!! My best round in years. 45 Front & 39!!! on the back. 3 doubles on 5,6,7 killed my slim shot at the 70's.Still my best back nine ever!
Nice, DB.

OK, so went back to the front 9 for revenge. Did one better at 55 (par is 37). Still pretty bad. No hole was better than a bogey.

Let me talk about the good parts, since I have a full round coming up with friends on Saturday.

Short game improved. Had a couple of short pitches over greenside bunkers, with another bunker on the other side. I usually get these either into the front bunker or hit it too far and get into the back. This time, stopped on the green both times, once within 5 ft of the cup. 3.4 average per hole from wedge distance. Lots of room for improvement, but better than the 3.8 last time.

Drives and iron game were also generally good. Would have scored much better if the 3wood and the hybrid stayed good on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back