What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I played in our local Club Championship today. The Seniors started on the back nine I was hitting my eight iron off the driving range to be ready for my layup shot short of the creek on this particular hole. I was striping the eight iron on the money the 10 or 12 times I hit it off the range which is adjacent to the #10 tee box. So I am all tuned up and and ready to smoke some arse right? Why hell no. When play begins I almost shank (thanks to the fir tree for stopping the fricking ball) into the driving range, I just came off of prior to teeing up. Still plenty of players over there warming up so that would have been a bit embarrassing. I ended up double bogeying the hole, bogeying the next hole and triple bogeying the third hole. This could have been a show nuff fricking MELT DOWN!....... I did manage to right the ship to slide in with a magnificent 47 for my first nine. Started off my next nine with back to back birdies and lipped one out on my last hole to shot a 40 for a grand total of 87. I hurt, my feelings hurt, and I'm going back out there tomorrow and kick some arse. What have I to lose ?

Last edited:
Just do your best tomorrow Ole Gray - go pin hunting!!

Just finished 18 myself. Shot 42-48 = 90. Had 3 blowup holes on the back - quad & 2 triples. Piss poor off the tee all day...still fun though. Giving it another go tomorrow!

First round with the new sticks, 45-34. Wish I could of warmed up before the round. Oh well. Fun day.

:banana::D:clapp::cool::drinks::egyptian::golf2::good::joy::party::rockon::twist:

Saturday Jun 11 0730 shotgun start tee time 65 degrees warming to 88 - NICE!
Pine View / Island View - start on 7 Pine

7 par 5 4
8 par 4 5
9 par 4 4

1 par 4 5
2 par 4 4
3 par 4 4
4 par 4 4
5 par 4 4
6 par 3 2
7 par 5 5
8 par 3 3
9 par 5 5

1 par 4 4
2 par 4 4
3 par 5 4
4 par 3 3
5 par 4 5
6 par 3 3

Pine 36 Lake 36 - 72

Hadn't touched for 3 weeks, and was coming off 83-80-83 in May, so it was hard to expect a lot. Oddly on the range everything felt pretty good, like it hadn't been very long. Then it was out to #7 and the shotgun start - I banged one perfectly off my first tee, leaving about 225 on the par 5. My 3-hybrid woulda been long enough but was just left and bunkered, and I popped out the long bunker shot to around 22 feet, and lo & behold dropped my birdie from there. I played the next hole a bit clumsily and bogeyed, but creamed my drive at my 3rd well over 300 yds, and left just 50 yards home (I was past the "No Carts" signs) - from there I pitched to 6 feet, but misread the break and only parred. I fatted my approach badly at the next, but made a great pitch to under 3 feet - and missed the putt badly - ARRGGH! After a routine par at the next, I saved the next two pars with nifty up-&-ins, so I was still +1 thru 7 holes. And suddenly my golf game kicked in, and I hit 8 of the next 9 greens mostly after a series of big tee balls. I had 2 birdies and 7 pars in that stretch, and stood at -1 with 2 to play. Then after another big drive split the fairway, I got sloppy trying to smooth a 9I from 135 and missed right, and tho I chipped to within 3 feet I again, the putter failed to convert. Our last hole was the par 3 6th, and from 145 I spun a 9I off the left side, and arriving at the green I found it in a terrible lie surrounded by roots and in 6 inch high weedy grass. I made for me shot of the day, a pitch and run cleanly out to about 3.5 feet, basically the same right breaker I had already missed twice in the round. I took aim and made a nice stroke for once, and it fell center cut for a par and an even round, the first par round of the year.

Last edited:
I played in our local Club Championship today. The Seniors started on the back nine I was hitting my eight iorn off the driving range to be ready for my layup shot short of the creek on this particular hole. I was striping the eight iron on the money the 10 or 12 times I hit it off the range which is adjacent to the #10 tee box. So I am all tuned up and and ready to smoke some arse right? Why hell no. When play begins I almost shank (thanks to the fir tree for stopping the fricking ball) into the driving range, I just came off of prior to teeing up. Still plenty of players over there warming up so that would have been a bit embarrassing. I ended up double bogeying the hole, bogeying the next hole and triple bogeying the third hole. This could have been a show nuff fricking MELT DOWN!....... I did manage to right the ship to slide in with a magnificent 47 for my first nine. Started off my next nine with back to back birdies and lipped one out on my last hole to shot a 40 for a grand total of 87. I hurt, my feelings hurt, and I'm going back out there tomorrow and kick some arse. What have I to lose ?

Go get 'em buddy, show them a comeback of legendary proportions. GATA

48 on the front, then +2, par, +1 and I couldn't play anymore due to the rain really coming down :at-wits-end:

Shot a 76 today at Peacock Gap - an overlooked gem of a semi-private course 30 minutes north of San Francisco.

I also played last week in a 4man scramble. We carded a 59. It was fun because the putts were dropping.

Played a local tournament today. Shot a 43/48. Not that happy with the back nine since i started out strong.. But what to do. We had about 30celsius today at the course so it was a though day at the course.

Shot at 83 today which is great for me. Great front nine of 38. Had two holes really cost me on the back. Had a triple bogey 7 on the 10th hole and a quad bogey 9 on the par 5 14th. If I could have done better on those two holes I might have gone under 80 for my 2nd time ever.

I played in our local Club Championship today. The Seniors started on the back nine I was hitting my eight iron off the driving range to be ready for my layup shot short of the creek on this particular hole. I was striping the eight iron on the money the 10 or 12 times I hit it off the range which is adjacent to the #10 tee box. So I am all tuned up and and ready to smoke some arse right? Why hell no. When play begins I almost shank (thanks to the fir tree for stopping the fricking ball) into the driving range, I just came off of prior to teeing up. Still plenty of players over there warming up so that would have been a bit embarrassing. I ended up double bogeying the hole, bogeying the next hole and triple bogeying the third hole. This could have been a show nuff fricking MELT DOWN!....... I did manage to right the ship to slide in with a magnificent 47 for my first nine. Started off my next nine with back to back birdies and lipped one out on my last hole to shot a 40 for a grand total of 87. I hurt, my feelings hurt, and I'm going back out there tomorrow and kick some arse. What have I to lose ?

Sounds like a good plan, when I have done well in tournaments, it has been by shooting a good score coming off a poor first day. Good luck tomorrow.

Sounds like a good plan, when I have done well in tournaments, it has been by shooting a good score coming off a poor first day. Good luck tomorrow.

Thanks Lefty. For some reason my MoJo was just not with me today. I left the course today thinking :wtf:. I am going out tomorrow and take no prisoners. I mean it's going to be metal to the petal and the hammer down. I can and will do better :thumb:

I shot an 81 today in the first round of my club championship. It wasn't exactly a great round, and I had a lot of stupid mistakes I shouldn't have made, but I'm sitting in second place in my flight going into day 2. The course played pretty tough today and they had some pins in some awful spots, but hopefully tomorrow I can shoot mid 70s and move up to first.

Shot 86 (43,43) in club championship for a net 72. Disappointed that I didn't play better but happy that I didn't play worse. I usually have terrible nerves on the first day and today was no different. The girls with the higher handicaps are kicking my butt. The highlight of my day was a sand shot to 4" from the hole for birdie. I never do that!

That's a solid score. Maybe their handicaps will catch up with them tomorrow.

Thanks Lefty. For some reason my MoJo was just not with me today. I left the course today thinking :wtf:. I am going out tomorrow and take no prisoners. I mean it's going to be metal to the petal and the hammer down. I can and will do better :thumb:

Better luck to ya tomorrow OG. Just remember, even if you do bad, you still had a nice day breathing some nice air and playing with some nice people. Its just a game, enjoy it no matter what! Now go kick some butt! lol

It was a tale of two nines again. On the front I couldn't make a putt to save my life and had no pars to shoot 48! I figured it out for the back, was standing to close to the ball, and shot 40 with 6 pars and 2 doubles for a total of 88. Not great but I'll take the recovery.

I played the back tees (72.2/137) again and walked 18 again, that is the victory for me these days--being able to walk. 39-38 77

Shot 83, could of been much better though, too many missed shorties and 2 blow up holes. Solid driving day though!

Shot an 88. I only hit 2 fairways. I just could not hit my woods. I was striking my irons well though. My putter was also doing pretty well. I was very disappointed with my playing. I had fun though.

This post os TapaTalk serious (so dnt blame me fir misspelled wirds).

Shot an 88. I only hit 2 fairways. I just could not hit my woods. I was striking my irons well though. My putter was also doing pretty well. I was very disappointed with my playing. I had fun though.

This post os TapaTalk serious (so dnt blame me fir misspelled wirds).

You better get those woods cooking for next weekend because Dawg, KellyBo, and myself plan on putting a good butt spanking on ya. Kind of a going away present since you are moving to North Carolina :D

89. With a triple and a couple doubles. Could've been a good day. :(

89. With a triple and a couple doubles. Could've been a good day. :(
Not bad, and any day on the golf course is a good day my friend.

Not bad, and any day on the golf course is a good day my friend.
That is true, buddy. And tomorrow we're off to Southern Hills. :clap:

That is true, buddy. And tomorrow we're off to Southern Hills. :clap:

That's a great track and always fun to play! Hit em good T0AD!

Shot a 90. 44/46 on a course i've never been on before. Driver completely deserted me. I haven't had this bad a driving day in the time i've been back playing. But as DawgDaddy said, it's golf, so it's a good day..................

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back