Just finished my AS degree today!

INgolfer

Internet Golfer
Reaction score
Handicap
pending
So...after graduating high school I only went to college for a semester before taking time off to get my personal trainer certification. Then I got offered a job as a manager at a gym, which is what I was going to school for anyway (exercise science). So I took that job full time and kept telling myself I would go back to school sometime. Well...6 years later in December of 2009 I finally got my butt back in school at the University of Phoenix. While I am now another $27,000 in debt, I just finished my associates degree in business today with a 3.8 GPA. I am now taking them summer off to play a lot of golf because I have been going year-round since I started there, and then I will start back up in the fall for my BA. I will probably chose somewhere else to go for my BA because UofPhoenix is WAY to expensive! But I am proud of myself for making it this far and finally getting back to school. So I just had to share my excitement here with all my friends at THP!

Thats awesome man, great job!

Congrats!

Congrats!!!

That's awesome man - congrats!!

Congrats on the AS! Get in that golf while you can! :)

Congrats on that degree! You should definitely be proud of yourself for the discipline to go back and get that. (It'll make you a better golfer too :smile:) Good luck with the golf this summer and school in the fall!

Congrats. Glad to hear you got it done and ready to enjoy it!

Congrats!!!!! Enjoy The golfing

Thanks everyone! Hopefully once I complete my BA I will be able to get a nice job that gives me the flexibility to play golf during the day with clients! lol. My degree I've been going for since I started back is business because I have worked in the fitness industry for 10 years so I already know all the fitness aspect of it. But I'm ready to move on from the fitness industry. Maybe sometime in the future if I a blessed enough to have the finances I will open my own gym, but other than that I am ready to move on from it.

Congrats man, give yourself a big pat on the back

Congrats. Get right into the B.S, don't put it off. Way to set a goal and accomplish it

Congrats. Get right into the B.S, don't put it off. Way to set a goal and accomplish it

I considered going right into the BS, but I have been going non-stop for a year and a half because Phoenix does not take breaks at all like other schools. You end classes one day and then you start your next classes the next day. I'm burnt out right now because I have worked full and time and have been a full time student for the last year and a half, and I just need to take a couple months off and also figure out where I am going to go to school at. I would add about another $50,000 to my school debt if I went back to Phoenix, and I am not about to do that with the economy the way it is.

Congratulations! It is a whole bunch of harder going back to school after taking taking time to build a career. After 25+ years, my dad went back and got his masters in education. While raising 3 kids. After that, I never complained about school work.

Congrats on the AS !!

Well done!

Well done sir! Going back to school takes a lot of effort, especially when you've been out for a while and it's definitely to be applauded for earning your AS!

Congrats man. No small feat, and it should be celebrated. Finality to any task small or large helps us to continue!

Congratulations!

Congrats. What about ISU? They have distance Business Degrees. In-state tuition, too.
I have very often considered getting my Masters through the IN State distance program.

Back