Longest drive Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do have one on my phone that is pretty accurate when I compared to people with a dedicated GPS. I had GPS'ed one of my drives on the same hole to 299 and this was considerably past that. Next time I hit a bomb, I will be sure to GPS it.

Those are some bombs man! Getting good roll? I can usually get somewhere between 265-275 carry based on my uPro mx, but most of the time my fairways are too soft and my ball hits and flys backward a yard or two. It's always a treat to play after a really dry week. Adding 20-30 yards of roll is always welcomed!!

The head even flew off didnt it?

I thought that was your PW. Are you going for control with a shorter swing?

514 yards
With a 7 iron
Up hill
Into a stiff breeze

Spoiler
This is the internet isn't it?

Longest I've had is 262 measured with my upro, haven't even come close to that recently.

Those are some bombs man! Getting good roll? I can usually get somewhere between 265-280 carry, but most of the time my fairways are too soft and my ball hits and flys backward a yard or two. It's always a treat to play after a really dry week. Adding 20-30 yards of roll is always welcomed!!

OH yeah, those had considerable roll. My average drive is no where near that long. I am rarely in the 300 range. I am not long by any stretch and I always try to swing at 80%. Every drive that has been 300+ definitely had a good bit of roll.

I have seen JB drive a 300 yard fairway bunker in the air.

I agree, but to be fair, I only had to count 7 as I was 7 yards in front of the 200 marker. I really want a laser finder.
I second this!! And it gives you exacts from the actually teebox, not just a pre-determined number.
Exactly.

514 yards
With a 7 iron
Up hill
Into a stiff breeze

Spoiler
This is the internet isn't it?
I had to double check and make sure this wasn't Ole Gray posting.

I'd say my best is probably like 270-280, but normal is more like 230-240 on a good day. I'm not a super long hitter and at times not a super accurate hitter either so it pretty much kills my game! The only way I might have hit it further is if it went bouncing down the cart path but I don't think that really counts for anything.

My longest ever is probably still deep in the woods somewhere. :rotfl:

I hit the 300 mark once while playing. 265 carry and 35 roll. Still in the fairway and right at a yardage marker. I'd have been better off with 250 though as 300 left me a blind lie.

longest drive of the day today was 220 into a stiff breeze
i actually hit my 5i farther today

My longest was down wind (more of storm lol) was 395, my average however is around 275 and the odd 290+ in there plus roll. I didn't use to be able to scale back much, but I'm learning to play an easier swing and I'm liking 250-260 in the fairway!

Exactly.

I had to double check and make sure this wasn't Ole Gray posting.

Watch it now :D..... When I turned 60 years old my nine iron distance dropped to 249 :golf3:

Longest drive ever was 310 (Crazily downhill, during a period of 1 month without rain)
This year: 275 last sunday (it was wet, and only got about 20 yds of roll.)

Hit one about 339 on a par 5 this year. The hole is 489 yards and I had 150 left. KA-BOOM! :bomb:

Never measured for exact distance, but I have had a couple 450 yard par 4's where I have been right at the 150 marker.

If I really grip and rip, I probably hit it about 350 yards...200 yards straight, 150 yards right (gotta love the slice).

On the other hand, I have topped it so bad before that it actually went backwards. That was impressive!

I hit my two longest shots back to back. There's a course up here called RedTail and #7 is 621 yards on the scorecard from the blues. Pretty severe dog leg right.

I bombed one up the fairway (went around the right side of the tree I was aiming left of), and I thought I'd lost it in a pond. Found it and shot my rangefinder at the 150 yard marker. I was still 148 from the pin - 298 out from the center of the green.

Hit my three wood solid and as I approached the green, the foursome ahead of me was waiting there. They said my ball rolled right past them as they were finishing and they wanted to see me make my eagle. Well...I missed, but that's the first (and only) time I've hit back to back 300 yard shots - and one with a 3-wood.

I betcha typically I average 220-240ish. My SS is 103 with the driver.

And if I'm in the fairway I'm LUCKY!

Downwind a little bit but I ripped one down around 405 earlier this year, had a 9 iron into the green and made 6 from the center of the fairway, go figure. Today I ripped one down around 380 with some downwind help too, but I would say on a standard drive with no wind Ive had several out around 340-345. Ive been toning it down lately for control(which has worked great as of late) but when I want to turn it on and really want to smash it, I can do it!

GPSed 347 this year on a flat par 4 with little or no wind.. i consistently hit 300. Best part was that i was with 3 guys from work so i was the talk of the town for a few weeks. But honestly id rather sink a 15 foot putt!

got a hold of one today
406 yrd par4 #16
downwind caught the downslope
reached past the 100 marker and had a 52* into the green
i love wedges into greens... well unless i hook that baby front left... grrrrr or should i say no gir

got a hold of one today
406 yrd par4 #16
downwind caught the downslope
reached past the 100 marker and had a 52* into the green
i love wedges into greens... well unless i hook that baby front left... grrrrr or should i say no gir

If you were playing with me I would have said...nice drive...after you hit yo wedge I to the trap...just messing...but really nice drive ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you were playing with me I would have said...nice drive...after you hit yo wedge I to the trap...just messing...but really nice drive ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thanks
lucky no trap on that hole... only water thats claimed too many of my balls lol

How do people know how far they actually hit the ball if they don't have a measuring device? You can't exactly trust the scorecard or the signage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back