Longest drive Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
410 on the new nine at my local public hogan GC. Perfect conditions though, 15 mph wind behind me, late fall so fairways are super hard, and I managed to drive the ball and have it hit on the down sloop of a ridge in the fairway, the thing rolled forever lol. I was also probably in my best physical condition of my life that fall (baseball coach ran our butts off >.<) so my SS was probably way up there at the time.

340 yards on a 350 par 4. I ran that cart path all the way to the green.

Have had a couple of 320-330, but last couple of years my distance is decreasing.

Maybe distance isn´t everything but it sure as sh*t helps.....

Wow. Couple of huge bombers in here, guess I should make something up to keep up with these numbers.

612 yards, wind in my face. 400 yd par 4, went over the green, onto the next par 3 green(175 yds), and landed roughly 6ft from the pin. All carry, I made a 2 on a par 4 and par 3 combined.

i think my longest drive ever occured last weekend on our golf outing. we were playing the 4th hole at old union, afternoon session, captain's choice. that hole was playing about 460 and we used my drive. we had about 142 to the center of the green. i did put chapstick on the driver face though so it shouldn't count.

Wow. Couple of huge bombers in here, guess I should make something up to keep up with these numbers.

612 yards, wind in my face. 400 yd par 4, went over the green, onto the next par 3 green(175 yds), and landed roughly 6ft from the pin. All carry, I made a 2 on a par 4 and par 3 combined.

Last week I caught a fish thiiiiiiiiiiiiis big:act-up:

i've never measured.but I'm sure as with most of my drives it was well over 100 yards
I've played a few rounds with you. They have to be at least 150! hehe

My longest GPS'd drive this year was 250. I hit a few pretty far in Florida, but didn't measure. Don't be mancrushing on my length now, boys.
We're about the same. Longest I ever measured on GPS was 247. I probably have hit some longer, but it seems like the ones I really get ahold of get doublecrossed into the trees or wastelands and are never found to be able to measure or I forget to hit the measure button if they ARE findable!

Really, I figure if I can get it out there in the 220-230 range, I am set. I would love to bomb them, and maybe one day I will, but I'm really just happy when they go straight and I can hit a reasonable shot to the green.

Good lord we've got some bombers on this site. I can only go with my longest this year which was 311, little uphill and very little wind. I wish I could poke it out there as far as some of you guys.

Well I just got the GPS feature on my iPhone that will let me measure shots and have only done it a few times. Longest drive so far has been 242 yds.
Tried out the Diablo Octane last week at an EWatts Callaway demo day and the monitor said I hit one 278......not so sure about its accuracy however...

Here's mine:
On the old union course he hit one tee shot on a 345 yard par four and was just to the right of the green.. I mean seriously long.....

It was on the captain's choice round so I was in the hit and hope mentality.

my farthest legit driver pop on a windless flat day that was measured by a callaway upro gps and witnessed by 3 other ppl
carry distance 250
final distance from teebox to where it ended up in the fw... 277
granted my avg drive is anywhere between 190 to 230
to me 277 is monstrous and it feels great even if its once in a very blue moon

I'm bringing this one back because today I hit a GPS measured 259 yard drive today. This is the third thread I have mentioned it in!

Shoulda been longer but it missed the fairway by a couple yards.

280 wind aided annnnnd downhill,but according to golfshot I have done a 265 before.

Couple years ago I had a good wind behind me with some pretty dry fairways, measured the ball at 377 yards.

Couple years ago I had a good wind behind me with some pretty dry fairways, measured the ball at 377 yards.

Settle down there big man.

Benign conditions, longest ever was 323 yards according to Bushnell Laser. Longest carry, also confirmed by laser, 297 yards. On both shots, I swung out of my shoes. Fwiw, my normal SS is between 110-115 mph but I've gotten it over 120 mph at times.

400 yds. on a slight downhill par 5 ......................... I hit the cart path 3 times :D

I only got about 350 from our cartpath.! My best was probably in the 300 range with wind.

Daaaeeeeeyummmm son. Slow down biggsy.

Settle down there big man.
Daaaeeeeeyummmm son. Slow down biggsy.

Haha it was mostly luck guys. I am one of those guys that a huge drive feels monster like over 300+ but is usually I can only guess maybe around 260-270. I find mostly though when I see some abnormal distance from a playing partners ball compared to mine I usually measure it and rarely find myself over 300, usually close to 290 or so.

285 once this year, been over 300 about 4 times ever

Longest by far.... 18th hole Kapalua Plantation Course - 385 yds, way way downhill and aided by 25 mph wind.

My longest on flat, no wind was probably 275ish but that was 10 years ago when I was slimmer and more flexible. My best today would be in the 260ish range.

My longest on a flat hole was 287, gps verified. I'm suddenly gaining a lot more power. I have no idea where it is coming from.

It comes from the internet my friend.. This game with a little internet power is a fickle thing!
My longest on a flat hole was 287, gps verified. I'm suddenly gaining a lot more power. I have no idea where it is coming from.

Great job on the drive!

I have a certificate somewhere that says I hit a drive 785 yards:bomb:

It was during a charity event about 15 years ago in the mountains in Colorado during the winter, they had a tee box set up on the edge of a frozen lake and you paid 10 bucks for 3 swings and they measure them with survey equipment and printed you a certificate :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back