Srixon Z-Star Driver

Shaft weights or interchangeable head weights? No changeable weights in the FW woods.

OK the Srixon website is confusing. No interchangeable weights on the fairway woods but the adjustable hosel right?

OK the Srixon website is confusing. No interchangeable weights on the fairway woods but the adjustable hosel right?

Yep - exactly right.

Has anyone hit the fairway woods or is there a thread out there on them that I have missed?

yes, weights only for the driver.

Thanks!

just a little update everybody, Cleveland/Srixon got my new driver shipped yesterday and even sent it FedEx Express instead of FedEx Home Delivery, so it got from CA to IN overnight, was shipped yesterday at 7:30pm and arrived in indianapolis at 11:50am this morning, i didnt ask for this or anything, i think they just wanted it to get to me as fast as possible so they sent it that way, the kicker is even though its only a hour away from my house it wont be delivered until monday the 20th since it wasnt paid for 2 day delivery, express doesnt deliver on saturdays only mon-fri lol, so im in just the opposite situation i was from my 910 being delivered, its ok though i dont mind waiting until monday since it doesnt have to be signed for. Just wanna say thanks again to Cleveland/Srixon for standing behind their product and replacing it and also to Dennis and Patty at Blind9 for everything they have done for me!!! Im excited to have it back and get to work on the Zstar vs 910D2 battle!

I loom forward to reading about this battle. My prediction is the Z star

just a little update everybody, Cleveland/Srixon got my new driver shipped yesterday and even sent it FedEx Express instead of FedEx Home Delivery, so it got from CA to IN overnight, was shipped yesterday at 7:30pm and arrived in indianapolis at 11:50am this morning, i didnt ask for this or anything, i think they just wanted it to get to me as fast as possible so they sent it that way, the kicker is even though its only a hour away from my house it wont be delivered until monday the 20th since it wasnt paid for 2 day delivery, express doesnt deliver on saturdays only mon-fri lol, so im in just the opposite situation i was from my 910 being delivered, its ok though i dont mind waiting until monday since it doesnt have to be signed for. Just wanna say thanks again to Cleveland/Srixon for standing behind their product and replacing it and also to Dennis and Patty at Blind9 for everything they have done for me!!! Im excited to have it back and get to work on the Zstar vs 910D2 battle!

That sucks about the no weekend delivery. I've actually discovered through my company that overnight FedEx is often cheaper than ground FedEx when we ship anything. Crazy.

For me the Z-Star would win out over the 910D just on feel and sound alone. Not that the 910D was bad in feel or sound, it just didn't wow me like the Z-Star. I didn't really care for any of the shafts I hit in the 910D, either, though. Put a Dromos in the 910D head and who knows?

well surprise, surprise, i came home from work to a Srixon/Cleveland box on the porch, my Zstar arrived 3 days early and made it here from CA in 2 days! Thanks Srixon for sending this 2 day and replacing it in the first place, i am super stoked to have it back and play with it, also do the Zstar vs 910D2 battle, AWESOME!!!! I called dennis and let him know it came today and to say thanks, he kinda sounded excited lol.

well surprise, surprise, i came home from work to a Srixon/Cleveland box on the porch, my Zstar arrived 3 days early and made it here from CA in 2 days! Thanks Srixon for sending this 2 day and replacing it in the first place, i am super stoked to have it back and play with it, also do the Zstar vs 910D2 battle, AWESOME!!!! I called dennis and let him know it came today and to say thanks, he kinda sounded excited lol.

I can't wait to hear the results from the Z-Star vs 910D2. Haha

Nice surprise TYD!!!
Now put it to work!

I can't wait to hear the results from the Z-Star vs 910D2. Haha

same here, looking down at the Zstar is a little intimidating now lol, the difference in loft is very noticable, Zstar is 9* and the D2 is 10.5* but i can take it down to 9.75

Zstar vs 910D2 Comparison Pics

Zstar vs 910D2 Comparison Pics

Hey all since i have my pride and joy (Zstar) back i thought i would do some comparison pics, i was surprised to see just how much larger the D2 head is, shape is very noticable. Enjoy
Zstarvs910c.jpg

Zstarvs910b.jpg

Zstarvs910d.jpg

Zstarvs910a.jpg

Zstarvs910.jpg

JB have you heard anything new about the Weatherfit app? Wondering when or IF its ever coming for the droid or a internet version, asked 2 month ago on facebook and all they said was working on it, asked again last week and never got a responce. Would really like to have this App but i dont own any apple products

hey 10yard nice pics, I still like that black face on the 910!

JB have you heard anything new about the Weatherfit app? Wondering when or IF its ever coming for the droid or a internet version, asked 2 month ago on facebook and all they said was working on it, asked again last week and never got a responce. Would really like to have this App but i dont own any apple products
I just added another posting on the Srixon WeatherFit app facebook page asking the same thing. Last acknowledgement to the ? asked by Kenny was
"@Kenny working on it! May 4 at 11:35am

I just added another posting on the Srixon WeatherFit app facebook page asking the same thing. Last acknowledgement to the ? asked by Kenny was
"@Kenny working on it! May 4 at 11:35am

same thing they said to me. I also really like the black face on the 910, my bag looks awfull Phil Mickelson like with the 2 drivers in the bag hehe

Glad you got it back early, 10Yard.

I'm surprised by the size difference. Heck, the Z-Star is big to me since my last driver was almost 10 years old. They've gotten huge, for sure. I've just recently gotten comfortable with the size of the Z-Star and can stand over a shot without consciously thinking, "Wow, that's big."

Glad you got it back early, 10Yard.

I'm surprised by the size difference. Heck, the Z-Star is big to me since my last driver was almost 10 years old. They've gotten huge, for sure. I've just recently gotten comfortable with the size of the Z-Star and can stand over a shot without consciously thinking, "Wow, that's big."

me too, 9:45 tee time for the morning and both drivers are in the bag so it should be a good day on course, i was surprised by the size difference as well, the 910 is allot bigger from face to rear.

well tee time is 9:45 and the storms are getting close, not sure if i am going to get rained out or not, i will let you know, if i do get rained out this morning im gonna play this afternoon if its possible and the storms are gone.

i got my z star driver on friday and played 2 rounds with it so far, not driving too well with it at the moment, though slowly getting used to it. I had to buy it without trying it as its not available on general sale in the UK. My current driver is the superfast 2 and when i hit the star right it goes further and longer than the superfast, but my problem is consistency with it, sometimes its long and straight and others its way right.

Hit all but 1 fairway with mine today and had one that was about 15 yards longer than my normal drive.
Each round I play with mine, I become more and more in tune with what it is capable of.

I have not been contrubuting to this thread much lately as my swing off the tee box (regardless of driver, 3 wood, or hybrid) has been in a major state of flux lately. I have hit some straight and then pull one dead left and then push one to the right. Had a good range session with the driver on Friday night and it somewhat carried over the course yesterday.

About 6 weeks ago, I got a lesson from Edwin Watts for my birthday from my parents which I have not yet used. Going to get in there this week with the sole goal of working on my driver swing as my other parts of the game are really solid right now.

Hope to add some valuable content to this thread when I can see what the club can do when a respectable swing is put on it.

I can say after yesterday morning that when a good swing is put on this driver, it performs extremely well. I have been able to get that lower penetrating trajectory that I wanted (and was needed into 35 MPH winds yesterday). I do still think this is the longest driver I have ever hit. I thought I was a 240'ish off the tee kind of guy but I was hitting it 230 into a dead wind yesterday and came up 10 yards short on a 305 yard par 4 yesterday with the wind at my back.

More to come...I am not giving up on this due to swing faults as I have already seen what it can do (especially in the honeymoon phase about a month ago).

Back