Srixon Z-Star Driver

So, I had 3 drives that were 300 plus yesterday and one more that was 288. I also hit the longest drive of my life at 367 (landing area was a pretty good ways below my feet though). I have absolutely fallen in love! Best driver ever! Never got even close to those distances with my old drivers.

This post os TapaTalk serious (so dnt blame me fir misspelled wirds).

well guys i hate to say it but the Zstar lost in the driver battle against the 910, i really do need a 10.5* head and the 9* didnt make the cut, i was hitting the 910 longer, straighter and more consistent over the Zstar, if i had a 10.5* in the Zstar i think it would of been allot closer, i still love everything about this driver but i cant deny the results i saw today, i think the Dromos is probably the best shaft i have ever hit in my life, its a sad day for the Zstar but a good day for my golf game

So, I had 3 drives that were 300 plus yesterday and one more that was 288. I also hit the longest drive of my life at 367 (landing area was a pretty good ways below my feet though). I have absolutely fallen in love! Best driver ever! Never got even close to those distances with my old drivers.

This post os TapaTalk serious (so dnt blame me fir misspelled wirds).

I saw the 367 yard drive and it was a beast!!!! I have never seen anyone hit the ball that far in person. Pro or amateur!!!!

I saw the 367 yard drive and it was a beast!!!! I have never seen anyone hit the ball that far in person. Pro or amateur!!!!
maybe you should buy mine so you can do that OG :D

maybe you should buy mine so you can do that OG :D

lmao.... Setho hit some drives (no kidding) yesterday that were 120 yds past mine. I hit these wimpy little 220 yd pokes and he sends rockets over them . I would probaly need the 12 degree version of the Z-Star and not sure they make em that high :D

lmao.... Setho hit some drives (no kidding) yesterday that were 120 yds past mine. I hit these wimpy little 220 yd pokes and he sends rockets over them . I would probaly need the 12 degree version of the Z-Star and not sure they make em that high :D

lol, i have never seen anybody hit one that far, have seen some 320 range but not 360's

lol, i have never seen anybody hit one that far, have seen some 320 range but not 360's

It was a downhill par four but he flew it 15 yds short of a 375 plus hole. hehe I did tie him on the hole as I hit a nice iron shot that almost slam dunked into the hole for a eagle. Missed the bird :banghead:.. Setho is killing his Z-Star driver!

Last edited:
It was a downhill par four but he flew it 15 yds short of a 375 plus hole. hehe I did tie him on the hole as I hit a nice wedge that almost slam dunked into the hole for a eagle. Missed the bird :banghead:.. Setho is killing his Z-Star driver!

wow, didnt know SethO was such a big hitter.

wow, didnt know SethO was such a big hitter.

He hit the Z-Star driver 288 yds on a dog leg left UPHILL yesterday! I have to admit when he said, " ole gray, catch my shoes as they will be flying backwards", I knew he was hitting one of those pissed off shots. :D

He hit the Z-Star driver 288 yds on a dog leg left UPHILL yesterday! I have to admit when he said, " ole gray, catch my shoes as they will be flying backwards", I knew he was hitting one of those pissed off shots. :D

haha thats hilarious, bubba watson that dogleg lol, i just wish they had these in more stores so more people could try them out

Lets please keep the "for sale" stuff to the marketplace threads. Everytime someone mentions they are interested in this driver does not mean we need to remind them that one is for sale in the marketplace. Thanks.

Lets please keep the "for sale" stuff to the marketplace threads. Everytime someone mentions they are interested in this driver does not mean we need to remind them that one is for sale in the marketplace. Thanks.

i jokingly said it once but gotcha

Made a slight adjustment after a launch monitor day to move the ball down with the weights. Optimal numbers were in range and I am looking forward to getting out there. The last 3 rounds with this driver have been really good. Hopefully this eeks out a few more yards for my swing speed.

Are you using the 9* or the 10.5* JB?

Made a slight adjustment after a launch monitor day to move the ball down with the weights. Optimal numbers were in range and I am looking forward to getting out there. The last 3 rounds with this driver have been really good. Hopefully this eeks out a few more yards for my swing speed.

Where specific are you set at if you don't mind sharing? I have been struggling off the tee but had a great range session with the driver today (will see how it translates tomorrow). I am NU closed 1, 11 heel, and 3 front. I think that is about the most I can do to bring the ball flight down so was just curious where you were at now.

Are you using the 9* or the 10.5* JB?

10.5. The more loft the better is my motto.

Where specific are you set at if you don't mind sharing? I have been struggling off the tee but had a great range session with the driver today (will see how it translates tomorrow). I am NU closed 1, 11 heel, and 3 front. I think that is about the most I can do to bring the ball flight down so was just curious where you were at now.

I am at neutral on the setup and dropped the 3 in the back to lower the ball flight.

I am at neutral on the setup and dropped the 3 in the back to lower the ball flight.

I misspoke yesterday - I have the 11 near the hosel and the 3 in the back of the club.

JB - so when you say that you dropped the 3 in the back, are you referring to going from 7/11 to 3 or you removed the weight all together? Any idea what would happen (from a damage perspective) if someone actually left a weight completely out and hit the club?

I misspoke yesterday - I have the 11 near the hosel and the 3 in the back of the club.

JB - so when you say that you dropped the 3 in the back, are you referring to going from 7/11 to 3 or you removed the weight all together? Any idea what would happen (from a damage perspective) if someone actually left a weight completely out and hit the club?

I went from 11 to 3. I am not sure about removing it altogether, but if you did so, I would strongly recommend finding a plastic plug of some kind.

13 of 14 fairways today with the Z-Star and about 4-5 yards longer than normal (according to course measuring GPS). Since switching to the Z-Star I am hitting more fairways and getting more distance than I have possibly ever.

13 of 14 fairways today with the Z-Star and about 4-5 yards longer than normal (according to course measuring GPS). Since switching to the Z-Star I am hitting more fairways and getting more distance than I have possibly ever.

Thats awesome JB, great driving day

That's hard to beat. I can't wait until tomorrow as mine should arrive. I will be happy to hit half that many fairways on a regular basis.

i am having mixed results with my zstar, so much so after 14 holes in my round today i was seriously considering going back to my superfast 2 driver, however managed to get a couple of my best drives in the last few holes today, bang in the middle of the fairway and about 25 yards longer than normal for me. So i will give it a few more rounds to see how i feel. I have closed the face and I am now getting best results for me by teeing up on the left hand side of the tbox and aiming straight and i still get a little bit of left to right, but i end up in the middle of the fairway most times.

Hit my Z Star for the first time this afternoon and the honeymoon phase is in full force. My first two drives were extremely too low for me, albeit straight. I thought for a second that the 9* head may be too much for me. Then I tee'd it up a little higher and put it more in the front of my stance. Perfect ball flight. 5 straight, high, long drives in a row. It's not foolproof as I still hooked a few when I got too handsy, but when I stayed back on it I was very impressed.

Got my Z Star out to the range over lunch and so far so good. I forgot to bring the wrench but turns out I might not need to adjust it at this point anyway. Nice and straight with good trajectory and distance. My shot dispersion was great. It is louder than my Mizuno MP 630 Fast Track was but I got used to it and it did not bother me after a while. I can't wait to get this thing on the course this weekend and see what it can do.

Had my first round with this Z Star today and I am still very, very impressed. Missed one fairway, and it wasn't a bad miss. Still had a 6 iron to the green with an opportunity to get up and down. I am hitting it pretty high and getting less rollout than I am accustomed to so I may adjust the weights somewhat and see if I can find the perfect setting. One thing I have noticed is that the ball feels phenomenal coming off of the face. Much different than the muted feeling and sound I had with the FT Tour.

Back