Tour Edge Exotics Wingman 700 Series Putters

I rolled a couple with all 3 models today. Liked the grip a lot. The head size was way smaller than I thought it would be. Really liked the 702. Wasn’t a fan of any of the others. I would definitely order the weight kit to make it heavier.

I rolled a couple with all 3 models today. Liked the grip a lot. The head size was way smaller than I thought it would be. Really liked the 702. Wasn’t a fan of any of the others. I would definitely order the weight kit to make it heavier.
I really like the grip on this putter too

I rolled the putter I was using previous to the testing at lunch and it felt much more stable on the shorter putts and more comfortable overall.

2 15g weights ordered from TEE. Hopefully that helps.

I very much like the lock on technology that these have working. Im a big fan of that in all aspects of putters and putting.
I think I am going to give one a go for a few rounds and see how much I can get dialed in with speed.

I very much like the lock on technology that these have working. Im a big fan of that in all aspects of putters and putting.
I think I am going to give one a go for a few rounds and see how much I can get dialed in with speed.
Do you have one at the studio?

No sir, will be ordering up this afternoon.
Inquiring minds want to know, what model are you looking at?

I am leaning towards 701 right now.
It sits really well and feels really well balanced. The slant neck makes perfect sense with the lie angle which makes the Lock On really easy. I do love the roll I get and how stable the putter feels. Putts seem to roll out nicely. I am still not in love with the sound.

I like the sound. Its different. Its unique, but I like it. Reminds me a bit of Tri-Hot.

Fast shipping from Tour Edge. The two 15g weights arrived today. Easy installation—you use the same tool for the woods for the weights. The difference in weight is noticeable. Hopefully this will translate to better success on the short ones.

I've been able to get in two rounds since adding the two 15g weights to the 706 and I am glad I did. It feels more stable and comfortable, especially on shorter putts. Before I had a sensation of the putter head wanting to drift on shorter putts, which I am sure could be partially attributed to my own issues as well, but the heavier weight does give me more confidence on shorter putts.

However, I am still not making a lot of putts. I burned a lot of edges last round. I hit 15/18 GIR, which is probably a personal best, but only had one birdie. That birdie came on a par 5 where I was on the fringe in two and knocked it up to 4 feet to make the birdie putt. I made a few nice par saving putts to get up and down from the bunker, but it hasn't quite clicked yet with the 706 for me. The roll is good, the feel is good, but it may just not be a good fit for me personally. On the practice green I am making putts, it's just not translating to on the course performance.

I did have one three putt during my last round where I got too aggressive and rolled it about 10 feet past from about 40 feet.

Next round I may put my old putter in play so I get some stats to compare it to the 706.

@JB did you get the new putter yet? Did you go with heavier than the standard weights?

I only ask because I missed 2 4-foot putts over the weekend and after @Jeff Spicoli bought some heavier weights it got me thinking, probably overthinking, that I might need a little more weight to the putter head.

I still like the putter a lot and I feel it's easy to align the putter, but I'm not sure if the 4-footer misses were line or face angle. I think I might put the putter on the LM and watch the launch direction because I feel that I'm starting the putts on line

@JB did you get the new putter yet? Did you go with heavier than the standard weights?

I only ask because I missed 2 4-foot putts over the weekend and after @Jeff Spicoli bought some heavier weights it got me thinking, probably overthinking, that I might need a little more weight to the putter head.

I still like the putter a lot and I feel it's easy to align the putter, but I'm not sure if the 4-footer misses were line or face angle. I think I might put the putter on the LM and watch the launch direction because I feel that I'm starting the putts on line
Ordered. Waiting for it to ship with something else that wasn’t quite in yet.

Ordered. Waiting for it to ship with something else that wasn’t quite in yet.
I hope it's the weight kit and not a teaser you just dropped 🤔😲😉

Would love to get some more feedback from the testers and/or anybody that has picked one up.

For the testers, is the Wingman going to overtake your gamer pre-testing? What do you like/not like about it?

• Appreciation
Reactions: JB
Great question, @Jeff Spicoli. Thanks for asking. I really like how the sound/feel of the 706. It is actually softer than I thought it would be. I was expecting something harsher. The roll is really good. I noted earlier that I am hardly seeing any skipping or bumping along on longer putts. There is enough feedback so I know if I have missed the center of the face. I know immediately if I am hitting it off the toe or heel.

I have noticed on some of my misses I am taking the putter back too far out and trying to correct and end up either pulling it or over-correcting and push it out to the right. I have not played in a center shafted mallet in a long time so I am not sure if that is part of it, but I did get the heavier weights, which I hope will help with some stability.

The Lock-On has its pros and cons for me. The positive is that when things are lined up it gives you a lot of confidence. The negative is that it can be distracting for me as I get caught up in trying to get it aligned perfectly and when it's not quite right, it's not a good feeling. I've had a Seemore before with the Rifle Scope technology and it was the same sort of feeling where I become too mechanical and lose focus on making the putt.

Will the 706 replace my gamer? At this point, I am not sure even though there is a lot to like about the 706. There is a bit of overthinking that has come into my putting since doing the testing and that's all on me. I like to line up my putt, pick out a target and focus on my stroke and I've been too focused on the Lock-On I think.

For the testers, is the Wingman going to overtake your gamer pre-testing? What do you like/not like about it?
As of now, I think the Wingman has overtaken my gamer from earlier in the year. I have noticed fewer 3-putts, but still miss a few shorter putts that I bang my head against the wall on.

I love the lock on technology. I sound like a broken record, but this alignment tech and the SeeMore rifle scope tech are the two best alignment aids I've used.

I am unsure on the sound. It isn't a bad sound, but it's different. I like a more muted sound off the face and this is not as muted as others and is fairly distinct. The sound isn't going to prevent me from using it. The original Cure putters had the worst sound that I can recall and I still used that for a period of time

As of now, I think the Wingman has overtaken my gamer from earlier in the year. I have noticed fewer 3-putts, but still miss a few shorter putts that I bang my head against the wall on.

I love the lock on technology. I sound like a broken record, but this alignment tech and the SeeMore rifle scope tech are the two best alignment aids I've used.

I am unsure on the sound. It isn't a bad sound, but it's different. I like a more muted sound off the face and this is not as muted as others and is fairly distinct. The sound isn't going to prevent me from using it. The original Cure putters had the worst sound that I can recall and I still used that for a period of time
I also had one of the Cure putter, which was not much smaller than a croquet mallet and sounded like one. It sounded terrible and looked ridiculous but the results were there.

I had a really good streak of no 3 jacks with the Wingman when I first got it. I need to get back on that streak.

Great question, @Jeff Spicoli. Thanks for asking. I really like how the sound/feel of the 706. It is actually softer than I thought it would be. I was expecting something harsher. The roll is really good. I noted earlier that I am hardly seeing any skipping or bumping along on longer putts. There is enough feedback so I know if I have missed the center of the face. I know immediately if I am hitting it off the toe or heel.

I have noticed on some of my misses I am taking the putter back too far out and trying to correct and end up either pulling it or over-correcting and push it out to the right. I have not played in a center shafted mallet in a long time so I am not sure if that is part of it, but I did get the heavier weights, which I hope will help with some stability.

The Lock-On has its pros and cons for me. The positive is that when things are lined up it gives you a lot of confidence. The negative is that it can be distracting for me as I get caught up in trying to get it aligned perfectly and when it's not quite right, it's not a good feeling. I've had a Seemore before with the Rifle Scope technology and it was the same sort of feeling where I become too mechanical and lose focus on making the putt.

Will the 706 replace my gamer? At this point, I am not sure even though there is a lot to like about the 706. There is a bit of overthinking that has come into my putting since doing the testing and that's all on me. I like to line up my putt, pick out a target and focus on my stroke and I've been too focused on the Lock-On I think.

That second paragraph speaks to me a bit when I look back at the day I tried the whole line. I have that same tendency with certain putters and the 706 was the only one I felt a consistent pendulum working for me. Obviously my experience with that particular putter isn’t really relevant to yours since we are all so different, but I completely understand how that happens.

That second paragraph speaks to me a bit when I look back at the day I tried the whole line. I have that same tendency with certain putters and the 706 was the only one I felt a consistent pendulum working for me. Obviously my experience with that particular putter isn’t really relevant to yours since we are all so different, but I completely understand how that happens.
I am going from a putter with toe hang to face balanced one so that in and of itself is a big change.

To be honest, it's going to be a tough decision whether or not this will replace my current gamer.
I normally prefer a blade, but the compact size of this mid-mallet is pretty easy to look at. The overall feel and weight of this putter just helps me stay consistent with my stroke. I have not experimented with any of the heavier weights (yet).
I am a big fan of the "Lock-on technology". Like I have stated previously, after the first couple of rounds, I adjusted to it pretty easily. Once you have your line chosen, set up and fire away. It really does help me keep my intended line.
As far as the face insert goes, that has probably been my biggest adjustment. I was expecting it to be softer than it is, but was pleasantly surprised to find it being quite firm. The sound for me is a nice "muted click", a bit more dull than what I'm used to, but easy to hear overall.
The grip is amazing. The overall shape just sets my hands naturally, no overthinking, place my hands and they're ready to go, helps me keep my wrists set and apply a consistent swing.

I have let a few others try this putter and most have come away impressed, last weekend at the Bourbon Bash, I had to continue to check and make sure this putter was still in my bag and not "mistakenly" placed in one of my playing partners LOL.

Back