Tour Edge Exotics Wingman 700 Series Putters

To be honest, it's going to be a tough decision whether or not this will replace my current gamer.
I normally prefer a blade, but the compact size of this mid-mallet is pretty easy to look at. The overall feel and weight of this putter just helps me stay consistent with my stroke. I have not experimented with any of the heavier weights (yet).
I am a big fan of the "Lock-on technology". Like I have stated previously, after the first couple of rounds, I adjusted to it pretty easily. Once you have your line chosen, set up and fire away. It really does help me keep my intended line.
As far as the face insert goes, that has probably been my biggest adjustment. I was expecting it to be softer than it is, but was pleasantly surprised to find it being quite firm. The sound for me is a nice "muted click", a bit more dull than what I'm used to, but easy to hear overall.
The grip is amazing. The overall shape just sets my hands naturally, no overthinking, place my hands and they're ready to go, helps me keep my wrists set and apply a consistent swing.

I have let a few others try this putter and most have come away impressed, last weekend at the Bourbon Bash, I had to continue to check and make sure this putter was still in my bag and not "mistakenly" placed in one of my playing partners LOL.
I let my dad use mine and he was lights out with it. It was pretty wild to watch actually.

I have let a few others try this putter and most have come away impressed, last weekend at the Bourbon Bash, I had to continue to check and make sure this putter was still in my bag and not "mistakenly" placed in one of my playing partners LOL.
I was one who came away impressed, minus that whole center shaft thing ;)

I thought the lock-on feature would be more distracting but it was easy/subtle enough to give me the help and confidence but not overly technical.

I also enjoyed the size of the head.

To be honest, it's going to be a tough decision whether or not this will replace my current gamer.
I normally prefer a blade, but the compact size of this mid-mallet is pretty easy to look at. The overall feel and weight of this putter just helps me stay consistent with my stroke. I have not experimented with any of the heavier weights (yet).
I am a big fan of the "Lock-on technology". Like I have stated previously, after the first couple of rounds, I adjusted to it pretty easily. Once you have your line chosen, set up and fire away. It really does help me keep my intended line.
As far as the face insert goes, that has probably been my biggest adjustment. I was expecting it to be softer than it is, but was pleasantly surprised to find it being quite firm. The sound for me is a nice "muted click", a bit more dull than what I'm used to, but easy to hear overall.
The grip is amazing. The overall shape just sets my hands naturally, no overthinking, place my hands and they're ready to go, helps me keep my wrists set and apply a consistent swing.

Oh I forgot to mention the grip too...that is a solid grip, quite possibly my favorite putter grip

I used my old putter (blade) today for the first time for a round since testing began and had a better day of putting from 10 feet and in. I have a comfort level with my gamer I just can't seem to get with the 706. I don't think it's a reflection on the 706 itself, but more of a fit that doesn't quite work for my stroke or eye.

I used my old putter (blade) today for the first time for a round since testing began and had a better day of putting from 10 feet and in. I have a comfort level with my gamer I just can't seem to get with the 706. I don't think it's a reflection on the 706 itself, but more of a fit that doesn't quite work for my stroke or eye.
Is that because you went face balanced (706) versus toe hang (previous gamer)?

Is that because you went face balanced (706) versus toe hang (previous gamer)?
Yes. I thought the face balanced might help with some tendencies. I may have overthought the situation.

I do like having the Lock On. It has helped my alignment. It's been a solid putter rolling the ball. I'm not in love with the sound or feel though. I still get a lot of hollow metal implement.

Putting up with the sound and feel is almost worth it considering the Lock On and the roll.

@JB any chance you will have your Wingman in time for Dormie?

Ho-hum 16 putts on the 9 hole round today...3 1-putts, 1 3-putt...

After the round I came home and putted on my GC3 watching my launch direction off the putter...I have a pull tendency with my 706. 1° to 1.5° left starting direction 🤔

With that little nugget of information I now know that any gentle breaking putts to the right I need to putt "straight" and my natural pull with the putter will have the ball going on the correct starting line.

I need to see if that's the case with all my putters or just this one.

Maybe that'll be a test during the OSU-ND game tonight.

I tested starting line for all the putters I have...I'm not sure if I have a problem or not with 6 putters in my stable.

A negative number starts left, a positive number starts right. Added standard deviation to check consistency. It's pretty obvious that I pull most of my putts...that might help my shorter putts when I'm missing 5 footers...

These are all in degrees left or right. A +/- 1° starting direction offline means I'm missing a 10 foot straight putt.

@Jman @JB @Canadan or whoever else on THP knows a thing or two...do any of these putters actually fit me?

Putter 12345AVGStd Dev
TEE Wingman 706-1-1.6-0.7-1.2-0.2-0.940.53
Cobra Widesport-0.8-0.8-0.5-1.30.6-0.560.71
SeeMore Mini Giant DF0.4-0.70.2-0.5-0.8-0.280.54
Odyssey O-Works 1W1.50.4-0.20.5-1.80.081.22
Toulon Columbus-1.80.6-1.2-1.60-0.81.05
TEE DG v1.2-1.8-0.6-0.3-0.2-1-0.780.65

I tested starting line for all the putters I have...I'm not sure if I have a problem or not with 6 putters in my stable.

A negative number starts left, a positive number starts right. Added standard deviation to check consistency. It's pretty obvious that I pull most of my putts...that might help my shorter putts when I'm missing 5 footers...

These are all in degrees left or right. A +/- 1° starting direction offline means I'm missing a 10 foot straight putt.

@Jman @JB @Canadan or whoever else on THP knows a thing or two...do any of these putters actually fit me?

Putter12345AVGStd Dev
If you pull most of your putts, where is your ball position?

If you pull most of your putts, where is your ball position?
Usually a little forward in my stance...that has always felt the most "comfortable" to me

Usually a little forward in my stance...that has always felt the most "comfortable" to me
Try something for me, scoot the ball back a touch, even half a ball. When things get forward in the stroke, you often meet the ball with the face already rotating to close, hence the pull.

It’s something I’m on my HS kids about constantly.

Try something for me, scoot the ball back a touch, even half a ball. When things get forward in the stroke, you often meet the ball with the face already rotating to close, hence the pull.

It’s something I’m on my HS kids about constantly.
I'll give it a try. I was aiming at a spot about 2 feet in front of me and the ball always seems to roll right over it, so I thought it was a great putt, only to see the LM said "pull" and I missed the 10 ft putt on the virtual green on the FSX range

I'll give it a try. I was aiming at a spot about 2 feet in front of me and the ball always seems to roll right over it, so I thought it was a great putt, only to see the LM said "pull" and I missed the 10 ft putt on the virtual green on the FSX range
Try it. 😉

Putter12345AVGStd Dev
It’s interesting to see the standard deviation jump with the blades. Do they feel not as consistent when putting?

It’s interesting to see the standard deviation jump with the blades. Do they feel not as consistent when putting?
I honestly never thought so. I thought I putted better with the O Works than the Toulon Columbus and I really like the Widesport. Just goes to show what data can actually reveal

I honestly never thought so. I thought I putted better with the O Works than the Toulon Columbus and I really like the Widesport. Just goes to show what data can actually reveal

Yet another data point that shows feel isn’t always real.

It’s also interesting the Wingman and Seemore are the most consistent. Do you think you respond well to the alignment aids on both?

Yet another data point that shows feel isn’t always real.

It’s also interesting the Wingman and Seemore are the most consistent. Do you think you respond well to the alignment aids on both?
Yes I would say the alignment aids helps there for sure. The confidence when you have the visual aid on alignment for both putters that you're lined up helps. Now putting an aligned stroke on the ball I where I'm struggling a little...but I guess I'm human

Well, as for comfort, the ball position might take some getting used to, but check out this direction change just by taking about 5 seconds to set up the ball in the middle of my stance...

Avg: -0.2
Std Dev: 0.32

Wingman 7060.2-0.1-0.60.2-0.1-0.4-0.2-0.6

Well, as for comfort, the ball position might take some getting used to, but check out this direction change just by taking about 5 seconds to set up the ball in the middle of my stance...

Avg: -0.2
Std Dev: 0.32

Wingman 7060.2-0.1-0.60.2-0.1-0.4-0.2-0.6
It’s like I coach this game or something. 😉

It happens to a lot of pullers of the golf ball, particularly if they’re seeing that miss with all shapes.

Golfers routinely check ball position in every other part of their game, but hardly ever on the greens.

It’s like I coach this game or something. 😉

It happens to a lot of pullers of the golf ball, particularly if they’re seeing that miss with all shapes.

Golfers routinely check ball position in every other part of their game, but hardly ever on the greens.
No one thinks it could make that much of a difference on a short putt...

I mean 1° of launch variation on a 10ft putt is like an inch offline... arguably wouldn't even notice (other than a missed putt) 🤦‍♂️

No one thinks it could make that much of a difference on a short putt...

I mean 1° of launch variation on a 10ft putt is like an inch offline... arguably wouldn't even notice (other than a missed putt) 🤦‍♂️
Just leave it at the bold. 🤣😜

Back