Favorite Golfer of All Time

Tom Watson. Even before I was into golf or a fan of the game, I could tell that he had a certain quality about him. Over the years, I've tended to more closely follow similar easy-going gentlmen, Fred Couples and Ernie Els are two examples.

There are so many others that I've loved to watch play throughout the years. Payne Stewart, Greg Norman, Nick Faldo, Seve Ballesteros, Nick Price, etc.

Of all time: Ben Hogan. Great swing and insane work ethic to realize his potential. Modern era: Nick Faldo. Great swing and steady as a rock. Played like a pro as everyone else faltered around him.

No one favorite...had favorites in particular era: lee Trevino, nick Faldo, nick price, Tiger Woods andnow Bubba Watson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like everyone listed so far (except for TW) but being from Georgia I guess I will have to go with Robert Tyre Jones Jr. I like that he stayed an amateur and live a real life outside of golf.

Arnie - charisma, talent, flair, and he always appeared to be "one of us." He walked and talked with the galleries, signed autographs, then hitched up his pants and hit his shot.

He began his career when purses were still miniscule, and professional golfers were considered by the general public to be just a step or two above caddies. Just my opinion (shared by many), but I think he brought golf as a sport to where it is now.

Freddie Couples. Dude pisses ice cubes and sweats cologne.

Jesper Parnevik.

i gotta go with good ole boy Fuzzy , great attitude, love the pace he plays at , plus his vodka is pretty good ,

Agree with all the above, too many great golfers to pick just one. I'll add in Moe Norman though. IMO, had circumstances been different, the history of golf would be vastly different.

Still has to be Tiger. I grew up watching him dominate.

It would be Jack and Arnie for me, with Tom Watson a close third. Great players and good guys off the course. Jack was a great hero for me as a kid.

Easily Payne Stewart, always liked him for his style and the way he played; but actually met him twice. My dad works at St. Jude and was able to caddy for him twice during Pro-Am rounds at the Fed Ex St. Jude Classic years ago. Said he was the nicest guy ever, but had the heaviest bag ever. This was back when Payne was sponsored by the NFL, whatever outfit he was wearing he always carried a complete spare in his bag, this included the gold wingtipped golf shoes; just in case he were to ever pull a Woody Austin. I followed their group both times and the second was let under the ropes to walk with Payne for the back nine. One of the greatest days of my life.

Back