Favorite Golfer of All Time

claycribbs

Fear the Dolphin Swag!
Reaction score
Handicap
Who is your favorite golfer of all time? Mine would probably have to be Arnold Palmer..... Class act, nice, and a great golfer. Good drink too :banana:

payne stewart

Payne Stewart

I also really enjoy the stories about Bobby Jones (I love that he always remained an amateur). The guy retired from competitive golf at age 28. 13 wins (7 majors including the slam, and 6 amateurs)

Edit: TC beat me to Payne

Dow Finsterwald, SR. How can you not like a guy named Dow Finsterwald, SR.

Kevin

The honorary Euro in me would say Seve.

However the real me would say Greg Norman.

shew this is tough, since Payne has been said, I'll take trevino

Like many, Payne was a big deal to me growing up..

If I have to think of one player that I've cheered/watched/followed most during Sunday's growing up, it's either Stewart or Couples. I don't know that I'd ever say I have a favourite of all time, but there is no question those two stand out to me.

Mike Weir, he made golf cool for me and my friends...

Either Greg Norman or Tom Watson

Definitely Tom Watson. When I met him in a chance meeting at a drugstore in Kansas City, he was as nice as could be. Plus since he's a Kansas City boy, I kinda have to pick him!

Sam Snead is my favorite golfer of all time.

Mostly because his swing is my favorite. When he passed away I had zero knowledge of golf history. Then I caught one of the tribute shows that aired AND SAW HIS SWING. I was totally mesmerized and in awe. That was the smooth power swing I wanted to have. I started reading/watching everything I could find on him. That lead to doing the same on other greats of the game and before long I had covered everything from the golden era to present. All because of seeing his swing.

Paula Creamer or Natila Gulbis :D I just kind of like watching their swings.

Luke Donald. Always calm, cool and collected. Doesn't get angry, and smiles after every shot almost.

2nd would be tiger. He was really nice when I met him and hey, let's face it, who doesn't like to watch exciting golf?

I'd have to say Jack Nicklaus and Greg Norman were my two all-time favorites.

I think it's interesting that the youngest golfer named, aside from Ol' Gray's mention of the two young ladies, is Mike Weir, and he's not a golfer, he's a Canadian. Maybe this says a lot about the appeal of golfers in the last 20 years.

Kevin

I think it's interesting that the youngest golfer named, aside from Ol' Gray's mention of the two young ladies, is Mike Weir, and he's not a golfer, he's a Canadian. Maybe this says a lot about the appeal of golfers in the last 20 years.

Kevin

Mikey's green jacket disagrees lol

Ernie Els

I would say jack but im to young to have seen him play so,i will go with Freddy Couples as my favorite.I just love his swing and i try to emulate it but my swing is not even close.

Jim Furyk, Tiger Woods, Payne Stewart

Fuzzy Zoeller !

Stewart Cink

Sam Snead is my favorite golfer of all time.

Mostly because his swing is my favorite. When he passed away I had zero knowledge of golf history. Then I caught one of the tribute shows that aired AND SAW HIS SWING. I was totally mesmerized and in awe. That was the smooth power swing I wanted to have. I started reading/watching everything I could find on him. That lead to doing the same on other greats of the game and before long I had covered everything from the golden era to present. All because of seeing his swing.

This is really cool. I love Sam's swing as well.

I'm going to have to represent for Texas and say Ben Hogan. I'd love him even if he were not a Texan. Obviously, there are many stories about his lack of warmth for other humans, but as a golfer, he's my favorite. I particularly love the work ethic and meticulous preparation.

A close second would be Byron Nelson. What a wonderful man and great golfer. I admire him because he quit while he was on top. He was just trying to buy a ranch - and quit when he could afford it.

Last edited:
Back