Invest In Rain Gear

Tell you what. TODAY ONLY. Send me a PM of a screenshot of your rain gear in your cart and I'll get you a coupon code. Not just Mr. Smoove, anyone who happens to see this.

THE CLOCK IS TICKING.
View attachment 9175456
YOU GUYS ARE SO DAMN GREAT!!! Quick question on reviews on Sun mountain thin jackets, any idea how they fit - as a former big guy, I now wear mostly L size shirts - so would an XL jacket be right?

Thanks - screenshot to follow before end of the day!

Just bought a pair of Columbia Rain Pants to replace a pair of Galvin Greens, that while kept my legs dry, the waist band sucked and my shirt came untucked and hung out of my jacket... less than ideal.

Will have to look into this... today.

Will have to look into this... today.

me too i just have no idea what to get. hood, no hood? sunice, sun mountain, footjoy? paralysis by analysis

Any recommendations on stock that you carry? I've always cheaped out when buying gear and then regret my frugality as I am sweating my butt off under a non-breathable upper. Anything in short sleeve particularly good?
This would probably check a lot of your boxes:
Light, thin, and can be stashed in the bag for light rain situations.

Similar with this, except waterproof and windproof:

Columbia makes good stuff for a fair price.

Let's start with your budget and maybe I can send you a few options to narrow things down.

i'm willing to spend a decent bit because it's not something i'll replace, maybe ever. so looking in the $200 - $300 range. right now i have sunice jay zephal flextech jacket and sunice zephal short sleeve 1/2 zip pullover in my cart. i live in orlando, so it definitely rains. would also love to go to bandon someday.

For you people that have water that falls from the sky regularly, do you see that a jacket generally is enough for you? Or do you go full gear?
I played in a league and didn’t really have a choice in what weather I played in. After a moderate rain my pants were a little wet from playing and riding. It was just enough to be annoying. I bought some rain pants and played in worse weather but had more fun because I was comfortable. I still go jacket first for most rains, but I like to have full gear just in case it’s windy or heavier rain.

YOU GUYS ARE SO DAMN GREAT!!! Quick question on reviews on Sun mountain thin jackets, any idea how they fit - as a former big guy, I now wear mostly L size shirts - so would an XL jacket be right?

Thanks - screenshot to follow before end of the day!
What brand of jackets/pullovers/polos do you wear? I can certainly try to recommend. I'd say off the cuff to go a size larger than your normal, in this case XL should be good if you wear a large, but I wouldn't mind comparing some size charts.

I have a set of Nike Storm-fit rain gear that I've had for over 10 years and it still works well.

me too i just have no idea what to get. hood, no hood? sunice, sun mountain, footjoy? paralysis by analysis
I just went through everything and large tops are very popular apparently :(. Bottoms won't fit with the selection available either, boo!

What a great offer from BG, but alas will look locally.

I just went through everything and large tops are very popular apparently :(. Bottoms won't fit with the selection available either, boo!

What a great offer from BG, but alas will look locally.
Let me know what you need! I'll find it.

Is the zero restriction stuff good waterproofing?

Is the zero restriction stuff good waterproofing?
Some of the absolute highest quality you can get with ZR. I know we are low on inventory right now, but if there is something you want that you don't see, let me know and I'm sure I can get it taken care of. @Parrot can vouch for the off-site special order process!

That's kinda where I'm at. As brutal as it is being hot under a rain jacket, not sure which I would prefer. Though, my warmer rain days are more commonplace than the colder ones.
Keep in mind, any of you playing in the Championship will be getting a short sleeve windproof, water-repellant item, so if that helps you make your decision...

Some of the absolute highest quality you can get with ZR. I know we are low on inventory right now, but if there is something you want that you don't see, let me know and I'm sure I can get it taken care of. @Parrot can vouch for the off-site special order process!
Absolutely, I can. Scott and the folks at BG will take care of you.

@ScoFoBG Thank you so much for your help. Really appreciate all you do for THP!

Back