Invest In Rain Gear

as a backpacker and snow skier in my youth and as an avid winter golfer, the gear can make all the difference in the world.

I elect to avoid golf in rain but I also don't travel for golf and can pick my days. very little i can do to keep my hands dry even if the rest of my body is dry

@JB - you were right, @ScoFoBG is the man!

Got me hooked up with some solid gear and we are making sure it will be here before I leave for the Goat Cup.

what'd we decide on?

what'd we decide on?

Didn't go too fancy - I don't even know if I will ever use it again post Goat-Cup (and hopefully not at the event either)

Sun Mountain Monsoon Jacket
Sunice Richard Zephal Rain Pants

Well, I've got some uppers for rain, but no bottoms, so i ordered some Nike Storm-FIT ADV Golf Pants

Didn't go too fancy - I don't even know if I will ever use it again post Goat-Cup (and hopefully not at the event either)

I’ll be curious what the feedback on the jacket is. I just want something waterproof. Not looking for warm so thin is fine. I can layer up if it’s cold.

Got to do a little research on what you need. Some products are waterproof and some are water resistant. I have a combination of both. The new Callaway Storm Guard gear is waterproof and does a great job. I also have some Galvin Green product. Kjus is great-but pricey.

I snap ordered a pair of pants since mine don't have pockets, just in case. I luckily have a decent UA pullover I got that worked pretty well when I got stuck in a downpour a couple weeks ago.

@JB - you were right, @ScoFoBG is the man!

Got me hooked up with some solid gear and we are making sure it will be here before I leave for the Goat Cup.
Was there ever really any doubt?

Not sure if you can get Arc’teryx in USA but they have great lightweight gortex shells. Best most comfortable rainwear I have found.

Reading this thread I wonder if Budget Golf is wondering why there is a run on rain gear today haha

my full getup is sun mountain. I’m a fan.

I have those pants. They should do decently well. Hopefully you don’t have to use them, but now your safe

I have those pants. They should do decently well. Hopefully you don’t have to use them, but now your safe

always one of those purchases you don’t want to use but are happy you made.

That round was definitely a factor in me looking into rain gear now. :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:
I'm not sure what was more impressive...the fact that you've lasted this long without raingear in the Pacific Northwet, or the fact that you actually finished that round of golf haha.

This is just a bit of a PSA. If you are a golfer that plans on traveling for golf, or wants to travel for golf or wants to play in a THP Experience, invest in some rain gear.

There is literally nothing worse than getting a chance to play some dream course and have it raining to ruin your fun. A good set of rain gear, while pricy, will pay for itself over the years and think of it as an insurance policy.

Do yourself a favor and look around, find something good and be happy if you never have to use it, but be so freaking thankful if you do and have it. A good set will be the difference in enjoying your round and being miserable.
Good advise. I went out and got a high end set Galvin Greene but actually got it off a site called Poshmark and at 1/2 price. Still wasn't cheap. I have lugged that suit a few times overseas and I believe that suit has some sort of magic, as I haven't encountered a reason to use it in 3 trips over.

Interested to know how often there's rain at THP Experiences.

Interested to know how often there's rain at THP Experiences.
Rarely, but it certainly happens.
We can control a lot, but not the weather.:p

And just like magic - My Budget Golf order is shipped, should have no issues with 2-day shipping getting it here in advance of the Goat cup.

And just like magic - My Budget Golf order is shipped, should have no issues with 2-day shipping getting it here in advance of the Goat cup.
Clutch

I have an under armor jacket I've had to wear a couple times with some light rain and it's been great. I would need to pick up actual rain pants, I use a pair of weather resistant / water resistant pants if I go out and it's going to be a bit of rain. My only actual rain pants are a super cheap pair of frogg togg pants - the whole set is like 20 bucks but they are super light and compact to throw in a bag.
Got the same ones.

Back