The Official 2011 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Skim alert)

Kyle Orton to Miami, you heard it hear first. Presumably.

Go Chargers, that is all!

Not to be a jerk or anything but ESPN has been reporting it since yesterday. Still is not done though but probably will get done. Reggie Bush also is on the move to Miami.

Well it seems like Dallas is just about out of the Asomugha sweepstakes. I seem to recall some trouble with our secondary last year.

This to me is an absolutely brilliant deal by NE. They give up a late round pick and in return get a guy that may or may not return to form. If he does it turns out to be one of the best deals in recent history. If not, they wasted very little. Love that move for them.

One word.. Bellichick!

NE plays a 3-4 usually, I wonder if they are going to use a 4-3 some now also?

Well it seems like Dallas is just about out of the Asomugha sweepstakes. I seem to recall some trouble with our secondary last year.

CL he is going to bring more money than the cowboys can afford unfortunately. I agree it would have been huge for us, but we just don't have the money. I do think that we will have a much better team this year and doug free resigning was huge for our ol

Tap tap taparoo

This to me is an absolutely brilliant deal by NE. They give up a late round pick and in return get a guy that may or may not return to form. If he does it turns out to be one of the best deals in recent history. If not, they wasted very little. Love that move for them.

True, on the one hand. On the other he has a big cap number right now for someone who has, as of late, been about as useful as a sack of rotten potatos. I'm fine with the trade terms - the Pats collect so many draft picks anyway that they'll never miss a 5th rounder in 2013 no matter what happens - but I just plain don't like Haynesworth as a human being. Much worse than Michael Vick to me. At least Vick seems to have changed and grown up. Fat Albert is still just a spoiled 8 year old in two grown men's bodies.

True, on the one hand. On the other he has a big cap number right now for someone who has, as of late, been about as useful as a sack of rotten potatos. I'm fine with the trade terms - the Pats collect so many draft picks anyway that they'll never miss a 5th rounder in 2013 no matter what happens - but I just plain don't like Haynesworth as a human being. Much worse than Michael Vick to me. At least Vick seems to have changed and grown up. Fat Albert is still just a spoiled 8 year old in two grown men's bodies.

But delve deeper and you will see that cap number is not an issue. His bonus is not on them, so essentially the deal is for one year (assuming he makes the squad). Cap number with new room should be of no issue at all.
As for the argument of worse than Vick....Well, Im not a Haynesworth fan, but I have yet to hear about him murdering defenseless dogs, lying about it repeatedly and going to prison. I have yet to hear about him hiding drugs at the airport. I have also yet to hear about him passing STD's (allegedly). If someone does not like someone that is fine, as I am not a fan either, but to compare him to a murderer seems a stretch to me anyway.

How much does that suck. And to make matters worse I hear they are going to bring Toast Newman back but with a restructured deal. Perfect.

I love the Reggie Bush to Miami deal. Why? Because its another reason to not like the Dolphins.

I love the Reggie Bush to Miami deal. Why? Because its another reason to not like the Dolphins.

I hate this move because I can't stand him and he is going to make it so hard to cheer for. Ugh, freaking Dolphins are killing me! All I have to say is that Reggie better step it up and perform and quit being a little b!@#h who thinks his s#!t doesn't stink!

I hate this move because I can't stand him and he is going to make it so hard to cheer for. Ugh, freaking Dolphins are killing me! All I have to say is that Reggie better step it up and perform and quit being a little b!@#h who thinks his s#!t doesn't stink!

Wow!
That just happened!

Wow!
That just happened!

Oh it did, and that was me being nice. There weren't enough symbols to cover up how I really feel. I can't stand him!

Just wait, by game 2 he will start crying to the coach that Brandon Marshall is getting more attention then he is. That he should be getting the hand offs instead of the QB throwing to Marshall.

The Boston sports radio stations are in full "In Bill We Trust" mode this morning. There is very little downside to this from the Pats' standpoint, because even though they play a base 3-4, they do have a lot of 4-man fronts so they could utilize Haynesworth in that. Plus, like JB said, most of his guaranteed money has already been paid, and Belichick will have no problem cutting him if he doesn't fall into line. It still doesn't solve the relative lack of pass rushing on that D, but it does make them better.

If you want Bush to come in and give you 15-20 carries, then it's a bad deal. But I'm looking at it like this: he instantly upgrades their kick and punt returns, which were putrid last year. Miami also had one of the slowest and least explosive offenses in the league last year, and Bush adds speed on the outside. Brian Daboll, the new OC for the Dolphins, did some interesting things scheme-wise with Josh Cribbs in Cleveland last year, he'll do the same for Bush this year. I hope the money isn't crazy in the 2-year deal, because even though Miami was rumored to be involved with Ahmad Bradshaw or Deangelo Williams, I didn't want them to give out crazy money to a starting RB when they just drafted an RB in the second round, Daniel Thomas, to be the future starter at that position.

How much does that suck. And to make matters worse I hear they are going to bring Toast Newman back but with a restructured deal. Perfect.

Not at all!! Go G-Men!!!

GG, I love your enthusiasm during football season!!

But delve deeper and you will see that cap number is not an issue. His bonus is not on them, so essentially the deal is for one year (assuming he makes the squad). Cap number with new room should be of no issue at all.
As for the argument of worse than Vick....Well, Im not a Haynesworth fan, but I have yet to hear about him murdering defenseless dogs, lying about it repeatedly and going to prison. I have yet to hear about him hiding drugs at the airport. I have also yet to hear about him passing STD's (allegedly). If someone does not like someone that is fine, as I am not a fan either, but to compare him to a murderer seems a stretch to me anyway.

AH deliberately stomped on a guys face, in a game, on TV, in front of thousands in person and millions at home. Without any true remorse that I could ever tell. That tells me all I need to know about him as a human being.

How about we agree that neither of them are saints and we wouldn't want our proverbial daughters hanging around either of them? :)

If you want Bush to come in and give you 15-20 carries, then it's a bad deal. But I'm looking at it like this: he instantly upgrades their kick and punt returns, which were putrid last year. Miami also had one of the slowest and least explosive offenses in the league last year, and Bush adds speed on the outside. Brian Daboll, the new OC for the Dolphins, did some interesting things scheme-wise with Josh Cribbs in Cleveland last year, he'll do the same for Bush this year. I hope the money isn't crazy in the 2-year deal, because even though Miami was rumored to be involved with Ahmad Bradshaw or Deangelo Williams, I didn't want them to give out crazy money to a starting RB when they just drafted an RB in the second round, Daniel Thomas, to be the future starter at that position.

He could come in and give them 90 carries a game and average 624 yards per game on the ground. I would still root against him because as a person I flat out dont like the guy. This is exactly why I dont have favorite teams to root for in the NFL anymore. Working there scarred me in that aspect and some days I wish I could have that back. I just cannot root for certain players. Again, just my opinion and definitely the minority, but no way I could ever cheer Reggie Bush.

Reggie Bush - the poor man's Maurice Jones-Drew. :D

AH deliberately stomped on a guys face, in a game, on TV, in front of thousands in person and millions at home. Without any true remorse that I could ever tell. That tells me all I need to know about him as a human being.

How about we agree that neither of them are saints and we wouldn't want our proverbial daughters hanging around either of them? :)

Actually he openly apologized. And like I said, I dont like the guy nor do I think he is a good person. But I would never compare stomping on a guy on a football field to murdering animals because they wouldnt fight for you.

Lol. I heard some really bad stories about this guy... Inside source haha. Really he is a prick and a half.

Boom!! I love it!

Like LeBron...he's taking his talents to Souf Beach.....I think he's more into the fame than football at this point.....

100% agree. A 5th round pick which they probably have 4 of already and 90% of the bonus money already paid for? Thisis exactly what they did with Randy Moss the year he went nuts and actually played well.

GG, bringing it this morning, and there have been a ton of moves while I have been getting my beauty sleep. Love the Haynesworth Deal for the Pats, hate the RB deal to the dophins, and need to get to work so I can listen to my NFL radio.

Is it bad that all I want to do is follow the sports guys on twitter and watch ESPN to see what the next big deal is?

I'm still waiting for some big news from our fish! Hoping the Titans release Vince Young, should drive the price on both Orton and Young for Miami.

edit: not sure how I missed the Reggie Bush deal?! Not sure how I feel about it, are they not bringing back Ronnie Brown then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back