The Official 2011 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No doubt he will help but I like the Gallery signing as much or more.

Really? See to me, I think they overpaid for an interior offensive lineman that is not all that capable of moving around as he has proved.

Really? See to me, I think they overpaid for an interior offensive lineman that is not all that capable of moving around as he has proved.

I think you plant him at LG, next to Okung and you have a solid left side of the line. T. Cable was a lousy head coach but he can coach the off. line and Gallery did much better when he moved inside, McFadden did pretty good this past year running behind him.

I have doubts about T Jackson as a QB thus limiting Rice's contribution.

I think you plant him at LG, next to Okung and you have a solid left side of the line. T. Cable was a lousy head coach but he can coach the off. line and Gallery did much better when he moved inside, McFadden did pretty good this past year running behind him.

It seemed like Cable was doing a sufficient job. He did take over an awful team. Plus he swept the division last year.

Well he really has no choice as to the position because he is not capable of playing tackle as he proved. I see DMC as an outside runner that ran well because of strong tackle play. My opinion only obviously, but I see the Gallery signing as a waste of money. He will play and be marginally adequate at best, but with their RB talent, they need stronger play out of interior lineman.

Well he really has no choice as to the position because he is not capable of playing tackle as he proved. I see DMC as an outside runner that ran well because of strong tackle play. My opinion only obviously, but I see the Gallery signing as a waste of money. He will play and be marginally adequate at best, but with their RB talent, they need stronger play out of interior lineman.

Agreed is was not good as a tackle but I think he got better as a guard. And to your comment earlier about being overpaid, this is pro sports.. just about everyone is overpaid!

Does anybody else feel like the way the money is being spent right now, that the NFL feels a lot like the NBA? The rookies get paid a lot less, and now you need to reach the floor so that money is no longer going to the rookies, but to above average and good players. I think for the next 10 years we are going to be saying a lot of "ya he's good, but not $50 million good!"

Does anybody else feel like the way the money is being spent right now, that the NFL feels a lot like the NBA? The rookies get paid a lot less, and now you need to reach the floor so that money is no longer going to the rookies, but to above average and good players. I think for the next 10 years we are going to be saying a lot of "ya he's good, but not $50 million good!"

I do, but I think that changes after the 1st year in the new format. 2nd year possibly too. But after that I think it settles down.

I do, but I think that changes after the 1st year in the new format. 2nd year possibly too. But after that I think it settles down.

Ya, I think your right, I was just thinking it on the way home I'm listening to all the signings on NFL radio and I'm thinking man, thats a lot for him.

Ya, I think your right, I was just thinking it on the way home I'm listening to all the signings on NFL radio and I'm thinking man, thats a lot for him.

Agreed. I have always hated that about the NBA, but I think we are dealing with different animals....Or at least I am hoping we are.

So the Vikings lose Rice. What a shame.

Kevin

Ya, now my seahawks have Tavaris throwing to Rice, cause it worked out so well for the Vikings! Its a good thing I`m a fan of the NFL and more so than any one team, cause if I was a true Seahawks fan I would be freaking out right now. Just wake me up when I can bet on football and play fantasy football.

So the Vikings lose Rice. What a shame.

Kevin

Is it bad that I was upset with Tarvaris Jackson signed with Seattle? Because him leaving hte Vikings made them better.

Whenever you have the first couple of days of free agency in any of the big 4 sports, you always have guys getting paid way more than you think they should get. That's the way I look at it. It's also why smart teams in the NFL build through the draft, not through free agency.

Is it bad that I was upset with Tarvaris Jackson signed with Seattle? Because him leaving hte Vikings made them better.

Doesn't matter. McNabb may put up halfway decent numbers, though that the will be harder without Rice, but he no longer wins games.

Kevin

Eagles are reportedly looking at Tulloch! :blob:

(Skim alert)

Kyle Orton to Miami, you heard it hear first. Presumably.

Go Chargers, that is all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back