Overrated Equipment

OK, so trying to consolidate the issues, its mainly the pricing and the shafts that are the main issues? I wonder how the performance is though, I had read that the Rapture irons are excellent and perform very nicely. Any thoughts from someone who has used them a fair bit? Is Ping overrated or do you feel they are just overpriced?

For the hacker like me - golf balls! I play the same way regardless of which ball I play. Until I get a consistent golf swing, the balls are useless. Although, I've been playing really well w/ the Dixon Wind these days ...

OK, so trying to consolidate the issues, its mainly the pricing and the shafts that are the main issues? I wonder how the performance is though, I had read that the Rapture irons are excellent and perform very nicely. Any thoughts from someone who has used them a fair bit? Is Ping overrated or do you feel they are just overpriced?

I have heard from many guys they perform well I just know for your money you can get a better shaft in a driver or wood and a shaft is as you know extremely important. As for their irons I never hit them well and thought they were way too expensive

Tap tap taparoo

As well as I being the best that I tried, I also got a very good deal on them. I would also add that in the UK there isn't much to choose in price between Ping, Callaway & Taylormade clubs. Mizuno are always stupidly expensive

For me, PING fits my game the best, and the numbers back it up. So personally, it is my number 1 go to company. Even with that being said, I do feel that their stuff is overpriced AFTER you add in the cost of the shaft upgrades. Before that added cost, I feel they are competitively priced. Again, there are a few products that I can't defend price wise even before the upgrade charges.

For the hacker like me - golf balls! I play the same way regardless of which ball I play. Until I get a consistent golf swing, the balls are useless. Although, I've been playing really well w/ the Dixon Wind these days ...

Oh, just realized you were referring to equipment ... same point. Until my swing gets better, they're all useless (LOL!)

Just b/c someone has a pricing structure and policy that they abide by doesn't mean their overrated in my opinion. I think PING makes great products and I applaud them for making a purchase of their equipment an investment for their customers.

The irons did not perform worth a crap for me either. And I hated the feel. And the look.

Just b/c someone has a pricing structure and policy that they abide by doesn't mean their overrated in my opinion. I think PING makes great products and I applaud them for making a purchase of their equipment an investment for their customers.

I agree with this. I was just saying that they catch heat for it quite a bit.

Like I said, this topic usually just = the clubs I can't hit or didn't like.

The irons did not perform worth a crap for me either. And I hated the feel. And the look.

Any chance of being a little less vague? I have heard and read very good things about the irons, I am really interested to know why you have so much contempt for them.

I agree with this. I was just saying that they catch heat for it quite a bit.

Like I said, this topic usually just = the clubs I can't hit or didn't like.

True that. We can flame SC putters all we want, but they hold value, so to me, that's not being overrated.

Any chance of being a little less vague? I have heard and read very good things about the irons, I am really interested to know why you have so much contempt for them.

I'm curious why your so concerned? People have been saying similar things about mizuno and TM but your not saying anything to them? What gives man

Tap tap taparoo

Never Compromise borrowed the Tycoon (Gambler) from T.P. Mills Softtail so I don't feel that sorry for them.

Not talking headshapes JD. You know headshapes have been borrowed by EVERYONE, look at the Anser, I'm not sure we can complain too much about that anymore. I'm talking themes and trademarks ,SC stole the theming from the NC and it was too close to be a cooincidence.

You know I understand what you're saying though JD.

Contempt is not the right word. I bear no hatred of any kind towards PING.

In terms of raw numbers, I had a 40 yard dispersion and only averaged 145 with a G15 6 iron. I averaged 182 with a 7 yard dispersion with my X22's.

I'm curious why your so concerned? People have been saying similar things about mizuno and TM but your not saying anything to them? What gives man

Tap tap taparoo

Well, I like to understand peoples feedback in regards to equipment so I can take it into account when looking/testing myself (kinda the point of the equipment forum). I found the issues people have with the TM and Mizunos to be pretty clear, otherwise I would have asked follow up questions. I have also gamed both TM and Mizuno irons so I have my own opinions as well. I have never gamed Pings although i do find them interesting.

Never Compromise borrowed the Tycoon (Gambler) from T.P. Mills Softtail so I don't feel that sorry for them.

I am far less concerned about headshapes. The theme is what I was talking about. It was a BS move and you know it.

Contempt is not the right word. I bear no hatred of any kind towards PING.

In terms of raw numbers, I had a 40 yard dispersion and only averaged 145 with a G15 6 iron. I averaged 182 with a 7 yard dispersion with my X22's.

Thanks man, that is interesting. I also have a set of X22s, so this helps, that distance loss is a concern.

No problem. I know there are many who love them though. Different strokes.
Thanks man, that is interesting. I also have a set of X22s, so this helps, that distance loss is a concern.

Vokey wedges.

I am far less concerned about headshapes. The theme is what I was talking about. It was a BS move and you know it.

Copying a theme is nothing compared to copying a putter design and renaming it as your own. Most putter companies have copied the Anser from Ping and do their take of it now. Doesn't make it right but it has been done after patents expire and some even during. You have no clue how important protecting patents, designs, & trademarks of putter is to the original designer.

Taylormade drivers.

Copying a theme is nothing compared to copying a putter design and renaming it as your own. Most putter companies have copied the Anser from Ping and do their take of it now. Doesn't make it right but it has been done after patents expire and some even during. You have no clue how important protecting patents, designs, & trademarks of putter is to the original designer.

BeatDeadHorse.gif

The headshape is one thing, the design is what makes the putter unique. Scooter is really good at coming up with "ideas". But so is everybody else.

Vokey wedges.

+1 for this one.

Not to mention Scotty putters. I know to each his own, but I prefer the feel on the Odyssey milled face tour putters and they costs $50 less.

Back