The Newton Motion Driver Shaft Preview

Building and machinery, yes. Not much else.
I knew there was a connection. Just couldn’t remember how deep.

Very intriguing brand launch. Made in America. Ordered and comes with adapter and grip at a strong price point.
Has THP had any look/review of House of Forged shafts?

Do they have a 5.5 dot? Some days I’m 5, some days I’m 6.

Very interested in this shaft.

Are there different weight options within the dot system?

6 different flexes i would think will be harder for inventory management, and it's still rated by swing speed at the end of the day like the normal flexes.

I'd happily try the shaft, the flex system just seems a bit strange. Though i guess the slightly changing profiles based on flex is an interesting concept.

I tried to go to their website and it asked me for a password

That is a great color on there. There is a lot of tech in that shaft will be curious to see the results. The elongated bend profile is interesting. More speed without swinging harder is cool.

6 different flexes i would think will be harder for inventory management, and it's still rated by swing speed at the end of the day like the normal flexes.

I'd happily try the shaft, the flex system just seems a bit strange. Though i guess the slightly changing profiles based on flex is an interesting concept.
Isn’t anything that’s not the old R, S, X system going to seem strange?

And for inventory, it’s not an issue I’d imagine since they are the manufacturer and they’re not going to me making hundreds of thousands of these.

I tried to go to their website and it asked me for a password
Today is the first day of it going up, I’d imagine there will be hiccups.

Has THP had any look/review of House of Forged shafts?
Many times over the years. Less production and more creation than anything, especially when Matrix was doing them.

Today is the first day of it going up, I’d imagine there will be hiccups.

I’m really thinking about one of these to try in the off season. Not sure why, but it looks really cool, it’s made in USA and I’m intrigued by their claims!

I like the flex system. I think it clearly delineates their line and breaks it into smaller point segments to try and create a more accurate fit.

Isn’t anything that’s not the old R, S, X system going to seem strange?

And for inventory, it’s not an issue I’d imagine since they are the manufacturer and they’re not going to me making hundreds of thousands of these.

probably at this point yea, everyone is so used to it.

I’m really thinking about one of these to try in the off season. Not sure why, but it looks really cool, it’s made in USA and I’m intrigued by their claims!
I’m eager to test one, Sacks doesn’t usually do anything part of the way.

probably at this point yea, everyone is so used to it.
But, it’s still a flawed system we accept just because of longevity. Sadly, the industry as a whole wont evolve there, but it is nice seeing some shaft manufacturers try to do it different.

If everyone would’ve adopted the Miyazaki method, the world would be a better place. But, plain old A, R, S, X it is.

Last edited:
Many times over the years. Less production and more creation than anything, especially when Matrix was doing them.
I'm gaming a House of Forged D shaft that's 40g and 4 degree torque in a Reg. Love it. Interested to see what weight these Newtons come in at, and torque.

I’m eager to test one, Sacks doesn’t usually do anything part of the way.

Maybe that’s why I’m so excited about it @Jman. The definitely go all in. I don’t believe they’d put it out there just because. I really like this dot convention. I’m sure many people will not like it because it’s different. However, it sounds like their technology and base for performance is different than standard, so they shouldn’t use the standard convention.

That's a strong price point and I'm so close to pulling the trigger on it

But, it’s still a flawed system we accept just because of longevity. Sadly, the industry as a whole wont evolve there, but it is nice seeing some shaft manufacturers try to do it different.

If everyone would’ve adopted the Miyazaki method, the world would be a better place. But, plain old A, R, S, X it is.

I guess PX is different, but it's mostly the same system --5.5 is reg, 6.0 is stiff and 6.5 xstiff.

I am guessing these guys as you mention are going to be more niche so this can work easier for fitting carts and inventory. it would probably be a bit more challenging if every shaft company had 6 flex profiles for fittings etc....but i agree that 3 profiles might not be the best to fit all golfers

I guess PX is different, but it's mostly the same system --5.5 is reg, 6.0 is stiff and 6.5 xstiff.

I am guessing these guys as you mention are going to be more niche so this can work easier for fitting carts and inventory. it would probably be a bit more challenging if every shaft company had 6 flex profiles for fittings etc....but i agree that 3 profiles might not be the best to fit all golfers
Most actually do have 4-5 flexes, very few just have 3 present day. But, there is no standard for flex, that has always been the main issue in golf.

The thing I’m most interested in is that Sacks Parente doesn’t ever halfway anything, that is what piques my curiosity the most.
I'm very interested in this shaft!

Back