The Newton Motion Driver Shaft Preview

So @Jman what does one do about swing weight for these? Let’s say you have a certain swing weight you like, do you set yourself up for that or does that change shaft performance?

So @Jman what does one do about swing weight for these? Let’s say you have a certain swing weight you like, do you set yourself up for that or does that change shaft performance?
Shouldn’t change shaft performance. I would say the same thing you would do for most shafts. It can be altered with head weight or grip weight

I’m eager to test one, Sacks doesn’t usually do anything part of the way.
Lots of golf equipment history in their resumes.

Shouldn’t change shaft performance. I would say the same thing you would do for most shafts. It can be altered with head weight or grip weight

Thanks @JB

As a big fan of Sacks Parente, and a user of one of their putting instruments, this really intrigues me. Any idea on weight of the shafts?

Interesting tech story, looking forward to hearing how it feels

"Newton" captures my attention. I will wait to hear more about the performace.

Interesting, very interesting 🤔

Very intriguing brand launch. Made in America. Ordered and comes with adapter and grip at a strong price point.
I was expecting a $400 or $500 price tag. Interesting tech story and it would be a fun experiment.

But, it’s still a flawed system we accept just because of longevity. Sadly, the industry as a whole wont evolve there, but it is nice seeing some shaft manufacturers try to do it different.

If everyone would’ve adopted the Miyazaki method, the world would be a better place. But, plain old A, R, S, X it is.
I do love the international flex code.

It was the best
It made it easy to understand for those of us who are interested, how the shaft is constructed (wrong terminology but hopefully you get the idea) and know how it will perform.

Name aside, I think these look really good. The dots in lieu of flex is a nice touch. I love a shaft tech story, so these are definitely worthy of a few swings, given the opportunity.

fantastic typo in the FAQ as well. haha

Club head designs are regulated by the USGA and pretty much maxed out the performance from the heads. The only thing that can really make a performance difference is the shaft. If you have had your driver for several years ask yourself, did my swing change? Did my chub head speed change? If you answered yes, your shaft may now be sub-optimal. Just by changing your shaft, like with a Newton, you could see big improvements. The Newton Shaft will cost you a fraction of the price of a new driver.

In 2022, THP brought news of Sacks Parente opening their own shaft manufacturing facility located in St. Joseph, Missouri, you can read the full article here. While the immediate benefit was controlling the production and innovation of their ULBP (Ultra Low Balance Point) shafts for their putters, the company has been at work on something much bigger, a full jump into the design and production of their own line of driver shafts. Introducing the Newton Motion.

Continue reading...
Great write up, as always, James. This is super interesting to me, because I have always been very shaft sensitive. The correct shaft for me makes an incredible difference in the numbers. Since September, I have been playing a polarizing shaft and it has been transformative for me, both in gaining a little distance and in dispersion. Add to the equation that this shaft is very affordable relative to other third party shafts and it is intriguing for sure.

Very intriguing brand launch. Made in America. Ordered and comes with adapter and grip at a strong price point.
Exactly

Interesting that there is no Ping adapter available. Curious how these would compare to the Ping Tour shafts? Specs for torque are 4.5 for the 5 dot. Is this a little higher than a lot of other shafts for this recommended swing speed?

Interesting that there is no Ping adapter available. Curious how these would compare to the Ping Tour shafts? Specs for torque are 4.5 for the 5 dot. Is this a little higher than a lot of other shafts for this recommended swing speed?
Likely just waiting on adapters, I’d be surprised if they didn’t offer PING adapters.

Torque is vastly misunderstood in modern golf shaft designs. Very much a feel thing now.

I will probably own one of these at some point.. Kinda have to. lol

I would love to see the ei curve on this one.

Likely just waiting on adapters, I’d be surprised if they didn’t offer PING adapters.

Torque is vastly misunderstood in modern golf shaft designs. Very much a feel thing now.

YEP!

I've played a few shafts that had higher torque numbers and felt stiff and lower torque numbers and felt like noodles. It's vey much a feel thing now.

Really like the info in this write up @Jman and i love to tinker. 250 for an aftermarket shaft is great especially with a grip and Tip already attached.

I will probably own one of these at some point.. Kinda have to. lol

I would love to see the ei curve on this one.

They are on sale now. Surprised you don't have one in the cart!

I go to their site and no where can you find the weight of their shaft. They say they are heavier. The entire world of golf shafts have been migrating to lighter and tighter. And here come's this one with a jazzy pitch saying you can swing easier and get more out of it as it is heavier. Put me in the No Thank You category. Seems too sales oriented for me.

Back