What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So today I go out and I have said before on here that my putting skills destroy my score. Well today was opposite. I could not hit a decent iron shot to save my life. I actually 1 putted twice, several 2 putts, and I just a few 3 putts. Finished the round with a 104. Maybe one day I will break into the 90's. Always the next time.

Forgot to post, shot 78 yesterday at a 73.6/7200 yard course. Could have played better with the flat stick.

an annoying 42/39 for an 81. hot and cold off the tee but solid irons and good putting. plus a 40+ footer for birdie always makes a round worth while:D

As this is my 1st year golfing, I took notes on every swing last night. Any tips from the great hackers would be appreciated:(I am left handed, important note as my slice is most peoples hook) Played back 9 of 12 Oaks from the blues: http://www.12oaksnc.com/golf-overview.html

Hole 10 - 388 yd par 4 - hole opens w pond on R and small creek running through the middleof the fairway up 290 yards to heavy rough which is 40 yards. then gives another 20 yards before a 40 ft long 20 ft wide green with bunkers on all around.

1st shot - Driver (Diablo Octane 9.5 degree) - 224yds sliced onto middle of left fairway -sitting 185 straight to pin
2nd shot - 4 Hybrid (FT Fusion 24 degree) - 160 yards ended 10 yds left of green (but I aimed 10 yards right)
3rd shot - SW (CG15 60degree) - 20 yd pitch, nice loft, ended 10 ft behind pin
4th shot - Putter (Odyssey XG white hot Sabertooth) - hit 6ft on level shot 4ft short
5th shot - Putt - in for a bogey

Hole 11 - 187 yd par 3 completely over water (from the whites their you can go over fairway which is right of the pond)

1st - 5 wood (Cobra S3) - 190 yds landed 25ft behind pin on green on left side (which is the water side) dead straight
2nd - 25 ft down hill ended 5 ft to the right (didn't see the break)
3rd - in for a par

Hole 12 - 282 yd par 4 - over a 100 yd valley of trees than an uphill fairway with sand trips scattered throughout to an elevated green

1st - driver , 207 yd draw over the middle sand trap onto center of the fairway, 80 yds to pin
2nd - PW (Big bertha Irons 50 degree) - i can hit this 80 but coming down i stuck in the ground ( this is a common miss for me) and it only went 50yd
3rd - SW - 30 yds nice loft ended 8 ft right of pin
4th - putt - slight break to left missed by 2 inches
5th - putt - tap in for a bogey

Hole 13 - 559 yard par 5 bunkers line the right the first 250 yds then slight dog leg to the right couple of bunkers on both sides to a downward green. This hole doesn't seem hard, it challanges you with its openess to hit the snot out of the ball. I hate this hole!!! I always over swing and lose a ball somewhere.

1st - Driver sliced about 240 into the trees on left ( AAAHHHHHH!!!)
2nd - reeteed with a 3 wood (Cobra S3) - hit 205 yds to beginning of fairway
3rd - 3W again - hit ground 1st and only got 160yds, went 20yds left of aim and ended in second cut - pin 180yds downhill
4th - 3 Hybrid (FT Fusion 18 degree) - 180 yds went 20 yd left of my aim and ended in 10yds left of green sitting 15 ft below the elevated green
5th - SW - hit off the toe landed on the fringe and rolled back down the hill (Ugh, I hate this hole)
6th - SW - 20ft in air not great loft but landed on the fringe and stayed this time
7th - Putt - 20 ft putt looks like breaks everywhere can't read this green well, ended 4ft short
8th - Putt - 4ft putt missed it (seriously!!! How in the world??? Wow, I hate this hole)
9th - tap in for I don't even know what

Hole 14 - 388 yd par 4 -straight on slight downhill and slopes left to right. Woods on right at dropoff and 3 traps on left.

1st - Driver - 198yds middle of the fairway (not sure why but i am 40yds shorter than my average drives today) 190yds to hole
2nd - 3H - 175 yd middle of the fairway, 15 yds to pin
3rd - PW - 10ft short right to pin (decent shot used a putting motion and it worked pretty well)
4th - Putt- 10 ft putt slight right to left break read it and made it (Best shot of the day!!!) for par

Hole 15 - 130 yd par 3 - (usually the blues are 40 yds back) 40 yds to 20 yds of heavy rough to an uphill green that is has bunkers on both sided below it. Green is 50 ft long and 25 ft wide

1st - 8 iron (big bertha irons) - skulled it 40yd roller right before rough.
2nd - 10 iron (Yes its a 10) - 100yd great shot perfect loft little too much ended 30 ft behind pin
3rd - putt - 45 ft putt, hit way too hard and ended 15 ft in front of pin
4th - putt - 15 futt putt no break, missed by 6 inches
5th - putt - tap in for a double

I only got to play 6 due to how long it took me writing down every shot. Any tips or advise would be awesome. Thanks fellow hackers!

MikeF just one 3 putt. Those can kill a round and you managed one so all good but that double par certainly killed the round. But to turn it around and pull an 85 is great!

As this is my 1st year golfing, I took notes on every swing last night.
I only got to play 6 due to how long it took me writing down every shot. Any tips or advise would be awesome. Thanks fellow hackers!

Notes are great--maybe use a voice recorder(fone??) and then you could play more holes

MikeF just one 3 putt. Those can kill a round and you managed one so all good but that double par certainly killed the round. But to turn it around and pull an 85 is great!

Yep, not happy with that hole at all. Made a great wing from the tee and hit a draw with the driver. Wasn't expecting that at all as I was aimed for a fade. Straight OOB. Reteed and hit a bomb down the hole straight into the middle of a divot.

If I am being honest I left a few more out there on the back nine, could have easily been a level par or better. Still I know where to put the ball from the tee now for Monday's round.

82 - crappy front - strong back = somewhat happy.

Notes are great--maybe use a voice recorder(fone??) and then you could play more holes
What a great idea. I have little Sony one I use for work, never even crossed my mind to bring on the course. Thanks buzzd!

Shot a 42 + 40 today at Carmel Mountain Ranch in San Diego, my best score there (pretty tough course). It could have been better but I mishit a few drives and approach shots.

thats a pretty fun course

i played 9 after work and shot 39 at bowcreek
if it wasnt for the duck hook teeshot on #3 that dove right smack into the middle of the pond
and a few putts that peeked in... i think i woulda shot even par
driver is still sucking even after a quick tune up today (alligator arming it robs big distance) but i did pop one in the 240 range
irons were kinda going too long and flew a couple of greens
chipping and pitching were wow... i stuck alot of shots in tap in range which makes putting stats look crazy

I shot 88 Wednesday with DD & KellyBo at DawgDaddy's course and 89 today at my home coure. I am having some BIG issues off the tee right now however I am hoping to have a better ball striking weekend! You know how you get into those mini funky swing slumps. I am suffering through one at the moment but it shall pass :golf3:

I shot 88 Wednesday with DD & KellyBo at DawgDaddy's course and 89 today at my home coure. I am having some BIG issues off the tee right now however I am hoping to have a better ball striking weekend! You know how you get into those mini funky swing slumps. I am suffering through one at the moment but it shall pass :golf3:

I guarantee it will pass, I have seen you play too well to believe that the funk will continue for long.

Worst round of the year today. Shot an 85, I lost everything and couldn't get it together.

---
- Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

We have all been there. With me it is the putter most of the time but we keep at it.

Played in Arkansas today, par 71, 70.3/125, 107 degrees at finish of 1:00. A fun course, they have about lost the greens but keep on mowing them down to the quick. Ball rolls really good despite the black spots. Five par 5s and 6 par 3s. I made birdie on 3 of the par 5s and missed short putts on the other two. The par 3s...not so good. 39-38 77 in spite of my putting.

Nearly broke a hundred today, from the wrong direction, on a course I haven't played before. So far since getting all new clubs my scores have gone from bad to worse, still waiting on the "honeymoon" to begin on the course. It's going strong at the range, but on the course it's more like tough love. Not going to give a blow by blow since I'd rather just take this whole round as a mulligan, wipe it from my memory, and try to move on. The driver and fairway woods were pretty solid, except for topping my drive off the first tee, haven't had first tee jitters in a long time. Chipping, pitching, and putting were all ok, but not good enough today to make up for for my horrific iron play. With the irons, it was either right at it and long or short, or hole high and left or right (mostly right). In other words, I had the greens surrounded and they should have just given up. lol But they didn't, they continued to mock me and my inconsistent iron shots. Maybe I'm just introducing too many variables at once with a whole new bag, new courses, etc. I know for sure that some of my missed fairways were a result of not knowing anything about the course, like driving through doglegs, driving straight into fairway bunkers and other hazards that I was aimed right at, but didn't know they were there, stuff like that. With the irons it was a guessing game as to what to hit from what distance, and I lost.

Last edited:
Today I shot a weird 84, 42-42. Driving was ok, iron play was ok, wedge play was great, short game was ok.

Worst round of the year today. Shot an 85, I lost everything and couldn't get it together.

---
- Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

I too had the worst round of the summer today. Shot somewhere in the upper 80s and seriously had nothing going. Couldn't get off the bogey train. I alternated good shots and bad shots. For example; 351 yard par 4, great drive (best of the day for me) leaving me 62 yards out according to GPS, hooded a 60* over the green OB. Lovely. It was that kind of day.

Day to day, front to back here. Shot 43 front, 37 back today for an even 80. Chipped one in from 30 yards, putting was solid, but mid irons were tough today.

Tap,Tap,Tap

Day to day, front to back here. Shot 43 front, 37 back today for an even 80. Chipped one in from 30 yards, putting was solid, but mid irons were tough today.

Tap,Tap,Tap

You caught fire on the back again though Duey, you're putting up some solid scored buddy. Now I'm the one that's gonna have to step it up before we eventually meet up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I too had the worst round of the summer today. Shot somewhere in the upper 80s and seriously had nothing going. Couldn't get off the bogey train. I alternated good shots and bad shots. For example; 351 yard par 4, great drive (best of the day for me) leaving me 62 yards out according to GPS, hooded a 60* over the green OB. Lovely. It was that kind of day.

I would have been happy with a bogey train today, my train derailed. lol

I shot 85 today (40/45) and had 31 putts. This was the third time I have ever broken 90. My previous low at this course was 90. Today was one of those days that I managed to avoid any big mistakes. It really feels good to see real progress in my golf game.

I shot 85 today (40/45) and had 31 putts. This was the third time I have ever broken 90. My previous low at this course was 90. Today was one of those days that I managed to avoid any big mistakes. It really feels good to see real progress in my golf game.

Congrats sw, that is not just breaking 90 that is shattering it. Nice round.

You caught fire on the back again though Duey, you're putting up some solid scored buddy. Now I'm the one that's gonna have to step it up before we eventually meet up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks buddy, but no where to go but down, lol. The chip in helped a ton and I won't wager against you in a putting contest, haha.

Tap,Tap,Tap

Good work, like DD said, you shattered your PR on that course. Always nice avoiding the big mistakes. Keep up the good work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back