Bag Boy Volt Electric Cart

I actually had the same thoughts about TrueLine so I emailed BagBoy. This is the response I received, "Truline is active all the time. As long as the cart is powered on."
Well, not if you are in the manual push cart mode. BTW, I am finding this feature useful for going over a curb or tight spaces.

Is the TrueLine tracking a gyro? For those that have it sounds like it works only in “distance control” mode, can you explain it? I know Alphard v2 uses a gyro to keep it on track regardless of side hill etc. is this the same? Trying to understand as really thinking about pulling the trigger. Thanks
FWIW, I have yet to use the distance control mode. Just use the remote as I did on my Navigator.

This cart has really caught my attention. I was pretty set on an MGI Nav AT but Im having second thoughts now. My course is very hilly, and I’m wondering if the Volt can tackle a hilly course as well as the MGI AT.
I would say yes but it is is lighter than the MGI Nav AT. I replaced my Nav AT with the Volt. Had it for three years, 350+ rounds on Tucson courses. You can let it go downhill without hanging on to the handlebars and it has the braking function. Uphill also similar but maybe bounces a little more due to lighter weight. As with the Nav AT I find it wise to hold on to the handlebar if the slope is very steep. The remote is a learning experience for me. It is not as easy to make very minor left and right adjustments while in motion as the Nav. And you “click” the forward arrow to increase speed rather than just hold the button down. I have played 3 rounds with the Volt and am getting more used to it.

I played four holes with the Volt late in the day and it is awesome. I just have one question regarding the manual. On page 8, under swivel lock out, it says "This feature will lock when pushing on a side-hill terrain to provide better control of the golf cart without the front swivel." This makes it sound as if swivel lock out happens automatically. Is that correct? Because later it says: "To lock the front wheel, slide Swivel-Lock down and turn the front wheel forward until the lock clicks into place." We don't have a lot of steep side-hills, but I'm just curious.
Anyhow, this is my first electric cart and it was a great experience. Thanks!
Just played my first round with the Volt. The manual is poorly written in regards to the front wheel. You have to manually lock it. I had the same reaction when I first read the manual.

I just purchased a Volt Electric Cart, fairly straight forward to get it out of the box and set up, but it would have been nice if they would have included an operating manual. It is just trial and error right now. Just basic stuff, how to turn it on, how to set the speed, how to use the remote. Come on guys get with it.
My manual was in the pouch under the storage console. Took me a while to find it ...

Just played my first round with the Volt. The manual is poorly written in regards to the front wheel. You have to manually lock it. I had the same reaction when I first read the manual.
The front wheel thing is weird. If you lock it down, turning the cart is herky jerky. It might do better locked down on a side hill but are you really going to stop and do this for the 5-20 yards and then unlock? I just keep it at swivel. It is not automatic. Either locked or unlocked.

The front wheel thing is weird. If you lock it down, turning the cart is herky jerky. It might do better locked down on a side hill but are you really going to stop and do this for the 5-20 yards and then unlock? I just keep it at swivel. It is not automatic. Either locked or unlocked.
This is part of my question, did the cart continue on its line during the sidehill trek? Or did you need to continue to adjust its line?

Albatross Club Members.
For those that missed it, We will be giving one of these away for those following our Bag Boy Championship.

Albatross Club Members.
For those that missed it, We will be giving one of these away for those following our Bag Boy Championship.
So excited about that for those following. That’s an UNREAL prize

This is part of my question, did the cart continue on its line during the sidehill trek? Or did you need to continue to adjust its line?
The gyro/true track keeps it going straight.

Albatross Club Members.
That’s incredible 🔥

I would say yes but it is is lighter than the MGI Nav AT. I replaced my Nav AT with the Volt. Had it for three years, 350+ rounds on Tucson courses. You can let it go downhill without hanging on to the handlebars and it has the braking function. Uphill also similar but maybe bounces a little more due to lighter weight. As with the Nav AT I find it wise to hold on to the handlebar if the slope is very steep. The remote is a learning experience for me. It is not as easy to make very minor left and right adjustments while in motion as the Nav. And you “click” the forward arrow to increase speed rather than just hold the button down. I have played 3 rounds with the Volt and am getting more used to it.

Thanks for your input and also for your earlier posts regarding your experience so far. I’m very likely going to pull the trigger on the volt. Aside from maybe a honeymoon period with the new volt, do you feel you are going to be happier with the volt than your previous MGI Nav AT?

Thanks for your input and also for your earlier posts regarding your experience so far. I’m very likely going to pull the trigger on the volt. Aside from maybe a honeymoon period with the new volt, do you feel you are going to be happier with the volt than your previous MGI Nav AT?
The Volt performance is nearly identical to my MGI NAVIGATOR AT with a smaller footprint, less weight, better battery placement and innovative technology. I have used iterations of remote control carts for ~15 years. The Volt checks all the boxes for me. So far I am happy with the change.

I have purchased the Volt and have only gotten to use it one time so far. I am coming from a bat caddy X8R the last 5 years so I can only compare it that. I do play golf with guys that have cart tek and also mgi navigator.
My reasons for wanting something new was that my bat caddy would shut down when using the remote after 30 seconds of not touching the remote. This meant that when walking and holding the handle I ended up walking into the handle. I was told that the volt had no time stop on it however it does the same thing but it goes 60 seconds before it shuts down. I talked to a customer service representative on Friday and he hasn't gotten back to me yet with an answer.
Some great features of the Volt are as follows: the battery in and out is very nice with no wire connector to deal with. The fold up size is great and weight wise is great. The amount of storage is more then any carts I have seen. The umbrella holder disconnects for easy storage so it doesn't stick up high when folded. The remote range of operation is fantastic compared to my bat caddy. I didn't try the100 yards but I had it out 50 or so and no issues. It is rechargeable as well with a low battery indicator. The cup holder was a big part of my choice of carts as this one can handle a large 32 Oz yetti to keep drinks cold. The handle is solid and if using manual both hands can be on it going up hills.
The things I'm not sure about yet are as follows: and I must say my course I play is both hilly up and down and leans left and right so it's tough to walk.
The gyro technology is nice but it still falls to the low side as I walk behind it. Also if you want to turn on hills while on a sloped left to right fairway the cart will start to tip if not careful. I did lose the cart and it tipped going down one hill because the down hill speed controll was slower then the carts downhill momentum and it started sliding until it tipped. It was fairly steep and I will hold the handle from now on when going down slopes. Another issue is going up hills the front tire raises and the cart will start to lean to one side or the other and will end up turning back down the hill so you will need to hold the handle. The rear wheelie wheel does keep the cart from tipping over and its very easy to slide up when putting cart away. When using reverse you must hold the button down while backing up or it stops.
The wheels would have better traction had it been designed with a rubber inserts compared to the hard plastic wheel which would help in turning the cart.
Now one thing I must say is I still like this cart lot. I even ordered a new bag boy bag which is scheduled to be delivered on Monday so maybe that will help the weighting and make it a little more stable since the bag won't be able to shift once locked into the top lock technology system.
My last concern is the battery life. Although it's says up-to 36 holes, when I was done my 18 hole round which only took me 3.5 hours to play my battery light indicator was down on the last level. Now it was 45* here on Monday and I know the cold effects battery life but I don't know if I would have been able to play and finish 9 more holes let alone 18 more. But then I can only do 27 with my bat caddy at my course.
We got snow on Tuesday so I have only gotten to play those first 18 holes and I did call and ask about an extention of warranty so I could get some more rounds in and I'm waiting for a call back this week but we got another snow last night so it's going to be at least another 7-10 days before I get another shot at it.
That's my honest review. At this point I plan on keeping this cart and learning to hold the handle when going up and down a more than average sloping.
Lastly the cart is very good looking in style and the motor technology is very well hidden and designed. Hopefully the drive motors hold up.
 Rod

I have purchased the Volt and have only gotten to use it one time so far. I am coming from a bat caddy X8R the last 5 years so I can only compare it that. I do play golf with guys that have cart tek and also mgi navigator.
My reasons for wanting something new was that my bat caddy would shut down when using the remote after 30 seconds of not touching the remote. This meant that when walking and holding the handle I ended up walking into the handle. I was told that the volt had no time stop on it however it does the same thing but it goes 60 seconds before it shuts down. I talked to a customer service representative on Friday and he hasn't gotten back to me yet with an answer.
Some great features of the Volt are as follows: the battery in and out is very nice with no wire connector to deal with. The fold up size is great and weight wise is great. The amount of storage is more then any carts I have seen. The umbrella holder disconnects for easy storage so it doesn't stick up high when folded. The remote range of operation is fantastic compared to my bat caddy. I didn't try the100 yards but I had it out 50 or so and no issues. It is rechargeable as well with a low battery indicator. The cup holder was a big part of my choice of carts as this one can handle a large 32 Oz yetti to keep drinks cold. The handle is solid and if using manual both hands can be on it going up hills.
The things I'm not sure about yet are as follows: and I must say my course I play is both hilly up and down and leans left and right so it's tough to walk.
The gyro technology is nice but it still falls to the low side as I walk behind it. Also if you want to turn on hills while on a sloped left to right fairway the cart will start to tip if not careful. I did lose the cart and it tipped going down one hill because the down hill speed controll was slower then the carts downhill momentum and it started sliding until it tipped. It was fairly steep and I will hold the handle from now on when going down slopes. Another issue is going up hills the front tire raises and the cart will start to lean to one side or the other and will end up turning back down the hill so you will need to hold the handle. The rear wheelie wheel does keep the cart from tipping over and its very easy to slide up when putting cart away. When using reverse you must hold the button down while backing up or it stops.
The wheels would have better traction had it been designed with a rubber inserts compared to the hard plastic wheel which would help in turning the cart.
Now one thing I must say is I still like this cart lot. I even ordered a new bag boy bag which is scheduled to be delivered on Monday so maybe that will help the weighting and make it a little more stable since the bag won't be able to shift once locked into the top lock technology system.
My last concern is the battery life. Although it's says up-to 36 holes, when I was done my 18 hole round which only took me 3.5 hours to play my battery light indicator was down on the last level. Now it was 45* here on Monday and I know the cold effects battery life but I don't know if I would have been able to play and finish 9 more holes let alone 18 more. But then I can only do 27 with my bat caddy at my course.
We got snow on Tuesday so I have only gotten to play those first 18 holes and I did call and ask about an extention of warranty so I could get some more rounds in and I'm waiting for a call back this week but we got another snow last night so it's going to be at least another 7-10 days before I get another shot at it.
That's my honest review. At this point I plan on keeping this cart and learning to hold the handle when going up and down a more than average sloping.
Lastly the cart is very good looking in style and the motor technology is very well hidden and designed. Hopefully the drive motors hold up.
 Rod
I used my Volt on Friday for the first time and I agree with all of your assessments. My cart previous to this was a Rovic RV1S with an Alphard V2. One of the big differences I had to get used to quick was the stability of the Volt. The V2 has a wider stance and is way more stable going up and down hills. I just have to be a lot more careful. I had 2 bars remaining after the round but I carry a lot of stuff and I would say my bag/cart is heavier than normal. I played a relatively hilly course, weather/temp was fine as I live in Hawaii. I tend to try to steer the cart too much and that drains the battery. What really stood out was after the round when I had to break down the cart. Two steps and its folded and it take up a lot less space in my SUV. Monday: round 2.

 Rod
My fourth round with the Volt today. Coming from 3 years with the MGI ZIP Nav AT, I have to agree with many of your points. The “goods” are good. Compact folded size, less weight, cup holder, great battery design. The “not as goods” take management. The Volt has more of a tendency for the front wheel to lift on even slight inclines if you are not holding on to the handle. Happens more than on the MGI Nav. I think the lighter weight causes it to bounce and not track as steadily as the MGI Nav. Manageable, but a difference. Maybe adding weight to the front of the cart will help. I also purchased a BagBoy Chiller bag. It does not help with stability but the top loc works great. I have not had the battery life issue you mention. Each 18 hole round I have played still shows 3 out of 4 green lights at the end. I have had an anomaly at the beginning of the last two rounds of the cart jerking to the right when using the remote and going straight. It snaps right back but not sure what is going on. Both rounds, after completing a hole of play the issue resolves. Maybe something loose in the hub motor that settles in? I will be watching this closely.

Tucsondivots, you must be in a warm weather state. I'm in pa and I'm hoping for rain and some warmer weather this week so I can get out and try it out again. If I don't get it I may have to travel south. Lol. I will agree that the cart sets up quick and easy and folds just as easy. Another thing I didn't mention is the phone holder is very nice as well. I have a Samsung with a large protective cover and it fits with no problem. I also use my phone to keep score on and can be done without removing it from the holder. I haven't experienced an operation issue on the one run I had so I hope yours isn't a wheel problem. You mention adding weight on the front wheel. I had to do that with my bat caddy as well but it doesn't have a swivel wheel so it change the turning to make it slower. I may have to melt some lead and try that on the volt. I looked forward to hearing from bag boy tomorrow bit if no call by 3 pm I will reach out again to them. Hopefully more members here will shine in with their results in the next few days.
Waldo0007, my bat caddy has a 23" wide rear while the Vokt is roughly just over 27" so I was expecting a much more stable run. But the axle wheel weight seems so light the top side will lift on slopes creating a tipping over. I will just learn to either hold the handle or nit take it on the slopes near greens. Lol.
Rod

Tucsondivots, you must be in a warm weather state. I'm in pa and I'm hoping for rain and some warmer weather this week so I can get out and try it out again. If I don't get it I may have to travel south. Lol. I will agree that the cart sets up quick and easy and folds just as easy. Another thing I didn't mention is the phone holder is very nice as well. I have a Samsung with a large protective cover and it fits with no problem. I also use my phone to keep score on and can be done without removing it from the holder. I haven't experienced an operation issue on the one run I had so I hope yours isn't a wheel problem. You mention adding weight on the front wheel. I had to do that with my bat caddy as well but it doesn't have a swivel wheel so it change the turning to make it slower. I may have to melt some lead and try that on the volt. I looked forward to hearing from bag boy tomorrow bit if no call by 3 pm I will reach out again to them. Hopefully more members here will shine in with their results in the next few days.
Waldo0007, my bat caddy has a 23" wide rear while the Vokt is roughly just over 27" so I was expecting a much more stable run. But the axle wheel weight seems so light the top side will lift on slopes creating a tipping over. I will just learn to either hold the handle or nit take it on the slopes near greens. Lol.
Rod
Rod,
It will be good if all of us early adopters share information on any issues, tips, etc. The manual does not address warranty, maintenance, cleaning. Hopefully, BagBoy will be responsive to any reported issues now that the Volt is in the real world.

 Rod
I also share the concern about the battery life, I have used the volt twice last week, first time using the cart, on a flat course in Ocean City Maryland, at the end of both rounds my battery light indicator was down to the last level, I don't think I would of be able to play another 9 or 18 holes.
To be fair both days the temps were in the low 40's and since it was the first time using the cart I was learning how to use the cart and probably pressed the remote buttons more than I will be once I am used to the cart and remote.

Mvales, if my snow doesn't leave quickly I will be heading to OC the following week. Where do you play there? I had been a member at the bay club before it closed then joined at river run. I've played every course down there and I can tell you that if your battery is questionable there it would never last up where I'm at. The up and down is night and day. I was always a walker with a bag boy push cart in OC. When I retired I joined a club here at home in pa and after walking my first 6 rounds I had to buy a Cart plan because it was to much at first. Lol. I've worked my way back into walking by walking 9 riding 9 and slowly getting myself to be strong enough to walk all 18. Now when I go back to beach area it's like a vacation to walk those flat courses. Lol. Maybe we can hook up sometime in oc and play.
Rod

Rod,
It will be good if all of us early adopters share information on any issues, tips, etc. The manual does not address warranty, maintenance, cleaning. Hopefully, BagBoy will be responsive to any reported issues now that the Volt is in the real world.
Used my Volt for the second time today. Liking it more and more. Two interesting ( to me) observations. My old cart was a Rovic RV1S/Alphard V2 combo. The Volt sits higher (which I hadn't noticed before) and is narrower than the Rovic/V2. Accounts for my feeling like it's not as stable as my old cart. Second observation: it has an odometer which cannot be reset. Good way to check how much the cart has been used if you decide to buy a used one.

My bag arrived today around 4 pm. I switched everything over and put it on the cart. The top lock is very nice and easy to lock in. Did a couple Laps around the driveway and off into the neighbors yard. I'm thinking it's going to work out fine. Came in and called bag boy to try getting some answers about battery and my cart stopping every 60 seconds if the remote isn't touched. I'm not sure the customer service reps know much about the operation. I also ask about service, maintenance and washing it. He told me I shouldn't get it real wet. I ask if that's the case what happens if I play in rain and his answer was not to use the cart if it's a harder rain. So I ask what happens if I get caught in a down pour. He then said he'd have to get answers and call me back tomorrow. I'm hoping someone calls that knows more. I did take some pics of cart and new bag. I agree it does sit higher then my bat caddy with bag. One thing I did state incorrectly yesterday in an earlier post. The tires are not a plastic. They are a rubber compound but a harder material then conventional rubber. Here are some pics of bag/cart plus folded and in back of my sante fe. 20240219_163821.jpg20240219_164428.jpg20240219_163750.jpg
Rod

Attachments

• 20240219_163759.jpg
    20240219_163759.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 20
Back