JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Those that listened to WGP yesterday heard us talk about what makes this quite different than every other electric cart on the market. Talking with the team, this is something that they have been working on for a while and it showed.

Powered by a 24v 380Wh battery, this sleek electric cart will feature an ergonomic remote control to allow golfers to control the direction and speed level of the cart from up to 100 yards away. In line with the Bag Boy brand, the Volt will fold down to an ultra-compact 29” x 16.5” x 14.5” size and weigh in at just 28.6 lbs.

“We realized there was a real need in the industry for an electric cart that was compact and could easily be transported—that’s why we developed the Volt,” said Pat Gallagher, Product Manager for Bag Boy. “This electric cart is ultra-lightweight and folds down to an incredibly compact size without sacrificing performance or features.”

The Volt will debut in two colorways, Matte Black/Red and Silver/Black, and will come standard with Top-Lok® technology, Bag Boy’s proprietary bag-to-cart attachment system. It will also boast a full-featured scorecard console with an integrated beverage holder, a mobile device holder, golf ball storage and an underneath accessory bag.

2FFDBF79-55A5-4154-B237-AF17C5125D11.jpeg77B26EFF-70C2-456A-A9BA-242F9D9E78C0.jpegC3365860-AD7F-4BCD-B8B4-E4A84DB5A168.jpegB28C8E32-831D-426C-BC1B-67C5A45A72A2.jpeg0EB97C25-4099-41A5-9B69-2C9724D028C8.jpeg97667786-5428-4823-B40C-BDB7B4097E22.jpeg

Thing looks slick and the short video in pga thread was pretty cool to see. Did they say round about when this releases or is that confidential for now?

• Admin
Did they say round about when this releases or is that confidential for now?
It is this year. I would suspect around middle of the year if not sooner.

I was waiting for more information on this one. I was telling my wife how cool this one sounded.

That is just amazing all the way around! It appears the folded footprint is about the same as the manual push cart I am currently using.

When it was talked about last year I was excited as this is such a well thought out design from a user’s use standpoint that makes this really standout. Can’t wait to find out the price.

Yea that’s awesome. I liked the comment on WGP about being able to go from auto to manual without missing a beat. Well thought out.

• Admin
Yea that’s awesome. I liked the comment on WGP about being able to go from auto to manual without missing a beat. Well thought out.
Yeah, I wanted to dive into that a bit more, because it is the first that I have seen that is an electric push cart. Not a electric cart that you can also push if necessary.

This sounds really great. I'm still just window shopping electric carts, but if I did take the plunge I can't go much bigger than a normal push cart as I have smaller cars

Love my current m7 but this thing is so appealing. Love that they looked at it from a push cart user experience. Storage is one area I really wish the m7 has. This one does. So much of it seems well thought out. Cant wait to hear more.

One internet storefront that already has them listed, price will be $1395.95 with an alleged launch date of 03/15.

That carpet. 🤢

Design is sleek. Thumbs up to the Bagboy engineers. Volt looks like a regular push cart. The small fold up size is wonderful.

I am ready for an e-push cart in all ways outside of forking over the money. Volt will be interesting if the battery life is good. I will also be curious about how well it would work here with plenty of up/down and sidehills. Sleek often comes with tradeoffs.

It folds up so compact. 1400 might be a bit pricey, but definitely want to look it over in person to see how this looks and feels

Oh man, looks so good.

Wow that is sleek. Looks like it will be super easy to pack up and travel with

Wow it looks like the designers did an amazing job with that, especially the battery placement. It looks legit like a standard push cart.

Really like this cart. If it was closer to 1k I would (I think maybe) be all over it. And I already have the alphard. My only issue with alphard is it can be quite dirty/sloppy after a round to break it down and put it away and it takes 2 cart spaces in the trunk. This bad bag boy solves BOTH of those issues.

That thing is so sweet.

As someone who has only this year begun using a push cart, that is very compelling

Yeah, I wanted to dive into that a bit more, because it is the first that I have seen that is an electric push cart. Not a electric cart that you can also push if necessary.
I was looking for that above since you mentioned how excited you were to talk about it. Is that something that can't be shared yet? How it switches from one to the other I mean. Guessing it could have something to do with the remote in the slot.

I was looking for that above since you mentioned how excited you were to talk about it. Is that something that can't be shared yet? How it switches from one to the other I mean. Guessing it could have something to do with the remote in the slot.
Actually it doesn't. I just happened to find that slot fantastic. Let me see if I can explain it better.
All carts have a spot for the remote. When playing, I just drop it in my pocket when I walk away from it or rest it on top of the bag because the slot on both my MotoCaddy and MGI is kind of a pain for constant in and out. This has a storage slot underneath, but also has that one on top for just easy drop in and it was snug enough for no rattle in my opinion.

It also makes it easy for when you are pushing instead of storing it away.

Now to the push part of it. There is for lack of a better word, a button or trigger or whatever you want to call it by the battery pack. When on, its an electric cart. When off, its a push cart. Thats it.

All carts have a spot for the remote.
We can take this to the M7 thread but you're going to blow my mind if there is a slot for the remote on there :LOL: unless it's the exact same place as you showed on the M7 GPS pictures and that isn't new...

But regarding the switch to push, so there is nothing you need to do to the wheels to make it compatible? just flip a switch? That's freaking amazing and can see why it had you so pumped up!

I mean that thing is so well designed, I'm not sure I can even tell where the battery even is! It really does look almost essentially like a push cart

Back