Callaway Metal Woods - Morgan Cup Staff

A little update from last night:

Hyrbid:
It was a battle last night. Trying to find my tempo. Which is tough because I was on the mizuno optimizer yesterday and had the same consistant tempo throughout everyswing. I might swap shafts even though its cutting it close but may do the irons to match. I rely on my hybrid because usually the longer out I am the most consistant my results. Misses were leaking right and overcooking left. I'm sure I'll get it figured out. I did hit some towering shots that made my Mashie look like a fisher price club I'm just not all the way there yet.

Octane Tour 3w:
Fantastic. Straight, far and forgiving. Put one right and a couple pulls when I tried to step on it. But lesson learned. Easily the best dispersion of the night.

Razr Hawk Tour Driver:
Had to sit out last night. On Thursday I heard a weird crack and took it in Friday. Some epoxy came loose is all. Grip was taken off, epoxy out and grip right back on. Going to have a good go tonight. One thing though, is I was using the Attas in my other driver and I was outdriving the others stock shaft by a considerable amount. I'm pondering making a switch. But all this hosel talk has me thinking if I should just wait until after the MC. I think the Tour is a little different though and the hosel looks tranditional.

yoccos, the tour version should be much easier and less time consuming to reshaft for a professional. You shouldn't have a problem with that at all.

Good to know. I know its got to be annoying to hear me talk about it so much. Just no way to test unless I reshaft or attempt another fitting, but if its working why tinker I guess.

yoccos, the tour version should be much easier and less time consuming to reshaft for a professional. You shouldn't have a problem with that at all.

Good to know. I know its got to be annoying to hear me talk about it so much. Just no way to test unless I reshaft or attempt another fitting, but if its working why tinker I guess.

I'm not annoyed, just jealous. I'm almost positive I'll need to reshaft and I'm afraid I'll have no time.

I'm hoping time wise it works out for you well dude. I was certainly pleasantly surprised by the performance of the RIP shaft, it's just the feel leaves me wanting. We aren't very similar in driver swings or I'd try to help more. From what I'm seeing the RIP is more on higher end of stiff which is a good thing. When you hit the Tour Razr Hawk, is your swing a lot different from then until now? Did you see anythings that would scare you from the RIP?

Just dont want to come off as complaining, just throwing thoughts out there. The Attas and Kai li just differ in launch or I'd probably be all over it right. Spin wise they're both low which is what I need.

I'm not annoyed, just jealous. I'm almost positive I'll need to reshaft and I'm afraid I'll have no time.

I'm hoping time wise it works out for you well dude. I was certainly pleasantly surprised by the performance of the RIP shaft, it's just the feel leaves me wanting. We aren't very similar in driver swings or I'd try to help more. From what I'm seeing the RIP is more on higher end of stiff which is a good thing. When you hit the Tour Razr Hawk, is your swing a lot different from then until now? Did you see anythings that would scare you from the RIP?

Just dont want to come off as complaining, just throwing thoughts out there. The Attas and Kai li just differ in launch or I'd probably be all over it right. Spin wise they're both low which is what I need.

I actually played well when I did with the RHT driver, the driver and shaft performed great, in fact, JB said it's the best he's seen me drive the golf ball, but the shaft in the RH isn't the same as the shaft in the RHT driver. Yes, they both say RIP on them but they aren't the same shaft. I've also been playing a 9* driver head for quite some time and had to order the RH in 10.5*, so that + the stock shaft is bound to = too high, and leaking drives. I'm almost certain of it.

It is what it is, if I have time to reshaft, I probably will, but it's not looking very likely at this point. I'll do the best I can with the stock shaft for sure. Who knows, maybe it performs wonderfully for me. I really don't know. I'm purely speculating at this point.

I actually played well when I did with the RHT driver, the driver and shaft performed great, in fact, JB said it's the best he's seen me drive the golf ball, but the shaft in the RH isn't the same as the shaft in the RHT driver. Yes, they both say RIP on them but they aren't the same shaft. I've also been playing a 9* driver head for quite some time and had to order the RH in 10.5*, so that + the stock shaft is bound to = too high, and leaking drives. I'm almost certain of it.

It is what it is, if I have time to reshaft, I probably will, but it's not looking very likely at this point. I'll do the best I can with the stock shaft for sure. Who knows, maybe it performs wonderfully for me. I really don't know. I'm purely speculating at this point.

That makes sense dude. I see exactly what you're saying now.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

That makes sense dude. I see exactly what you're saying now.

I speak clearly, hahaha

I only hope I have time brother.

I speak clearly, hahaha

I only hope I have time brother.

That you do my friend!

If there was something I could do for you I would. I do know whatever you have to do you'll make it work. You're that good.

Well i got a round in today with the Saturday group I played with for years before being forced to switch jobs and having to work Saturdays. I used the RAZR Hawk 3+ and 5w on every single hole, including the par 5's. I left my driver at home for the sole purpose of testing these out. As many know I reshafted mine with the UST PRoforce V2 Tour 85 (87g gram) and let me tell you something. These things are rockets. The sound is like nothing I have heard before, yet beautiful. It's a dull thunk and they ball comes off the face so hot it's amazing. What I love about them is the accuracy and distance combined. I headed to the clubfitter today and while I was waiting he offered to let me hit them on the sim to see how they played. I was getting some pretty astonishing numbers and the confidence only poured over onto the course.

These things are the real deal. Like I said the sound off contact is very strange but I think I like it. The feel on the other hand is just perfect. As luck would have it my Nikon camera/video recorder took a poo today so I will make Hawk be my photographer/cameraman tommorrow and try and get you guys some stuff. I wanna try and get a good video of the sound.

Callaway has some real winners here.

Great feedback JRod. Can't wait to see some vids man and I'm glad you're digging them. Did you think they were deceptively long? As in the ball didn't look like it went that far?

Great feedback JRod. Can't wait to see some vids man and I'm glad you're digging them. Did you think they were deceptively long? As in the ball didn't look like it went that far?

Yeah Yoccos the sound is quite strange. I like it but even when you flush one it just doesn't sound tingy but the ball comes off the face like a freaking rocket. I didn't have my miss left all day either which was very satisfying. This makes me want to hit the driver so badly.

Little update from my round and sim time (hahah I'm sure you'll love this).

Round:
RHT Driver:
Slice city all day!!! I still hit almost 60% of my fairways and the misses weren't too far off but they required a smart shot to get it back in play. Effectively costing me a stoke. But you know, I talked to TC after and just had to remember to get my wrists over. One thing is my distance was not there. I'm wondering if more than epoxy was rattled because it did not sound the same. I also used a different ball so who knows. What I like about the low spin and launch driver, is I keep my misses in play more. I thought it would be the opposite. Like TC told me, I still have to keep more focus with this but with my swing the Tour is a much better fit and a lot more forgiving, even with the open face.

Octane Tour 15:
Didnt use it once. I only played 9 and kept the driver in play enough to not use it. Maybe it would have been smart ot use it haha.

Hybrids:
I hit one hybrid that 9 and it was 185 ish yard par 3. I hit it off the toe and still landed a nice shot. about 20 feet for a birdie that I left short by about 5 feet haha. Still made par. Just speaks to the forgiveness of this club. It felt off but still had a nice little draw and good distance.

Simulator:
Why is this important? I'm not sure but I fixed my driver. It replicates my slices and pulls just as accurate as I would like and while I don't take stock in distances I dont mind the feedback. It was just one of those things we decided to do instead of hitting a bar :)

Driver:
Got those wrists turning and hit some long good drives. Also popped a few up and pulled one. The course we chose was 7600 yards haha.

Hybrids:
Everything was left which is how its been for me with these for the most part. I'm starting to get a good feel for them though and i know itll come around.

Octane Tour 3w:
Not a good outing at all. I don't know but I couldnt help but hit it fat, even on mats :) It still goes a decent amount and straight but boy does it offer feedback! Which can be a great thing but confidence takes more of a hit than I wouldve thought. Makes me realize how much golf is mental.

Word of the day: Rocket

These things are animals. Hawk has some video and hopefully it turned out ok, we shall see.

Couple videos. I am loving these things.

Forgive the BStone hat I managed to forget my brand new white Callaway RAZR one at home.

[video=youtube;W6O-dW2TJNU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6O-dW2TJNU[/video]

These things look beautiful at address and I love the lack of an alignment aid. Pretty shallow face making it easy to hit both off the tee and deck. Need to get a little more dialed in but I feel these are gonna be my strongest clubs down at Reunion.

Thanks again to Hawk for the filming.

It was pretty cool to watch Jrod hit these today. They have a sound that I have never really heard before. They seemed to be long, but very accurate as well.

Great videos Jrod and Hawk!

Great videos guys!!! Love the sound of those clubs.

Cool videos you guys. Holy wind.

I love the sound of those clubs and the ball flight looked absolutely perfect.

Cool videos you guys. Holy wind.

I love the sound of those clubs and the ball flight looked absolutely perfect.

Yah I kinda guessed on the combo from previous experience and it seemed to have worked out great. Low launching low spinning bombs. I really like the combo of the head/shaft.

They look and sound awesome Jrod! I sure am glad Hawk's around to take some video, I was in need of a fix for sure.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Nice videos Jrod. Sweet sound of Hawk. Razr Hawk that is.

Nice video Jrod. I have to agree with you here, thats one bad arse 3 wood. Its long...

Thanks all, I skipped out early on work and went and hit these again and I love them even more. The feel through impact is awesome and the face is just extremely hot.

Got a little video uploading right now, Its taking forever. Finally got the unboxing video shot and its now in full production. Coming up.

Back