Forum Testing Signup - Green Saver Divot Repair Tool

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
At THP, we want to provide the ultimate in unbiased feedback and what better way to do that than to have regular golfers test out products that are completely unmarked. We want to thank forum member tgtt for having this company send over some of these tools for the forum to test out.

[youtube]xbRzaHHw9vo[/youtube]

General Info
THP will send one to selected THP forum members that want to be part of this cool testing to help preserve the beauty of golf courses. Your job is to try it out and continue to update the testing thread that we setup on how the device is working for you.

Rules
There are, however, certain criteria that must be followed to be eligible.

1. You must be able to give this a test drive within 5 days of receiving the tool.
2. You must put together a write up with your thoughts on the tool you receive within a day of testing it and continue to update the thread each time you try them out.
3. Like all testing on THP, only honest and detailed feedback is requested.
4. You MUST be a THP Forum member with at least 10 posts to participate.
5. If you are selected and live outside of the CONUS, a small shipping fee must be paid.

We will choosing about 8-10 golfers to try these out. We are looking for feedback on how it works, ease of use, etc. Please remember that we take all testing on THP seriously and this is not just a 1 post and done review for a golf freebie, but a chance to look at something that many might walk right past in a golf store.

Signing Up
To be a part of this testing, you must reply in this thread with the answer to these questions. Failure to include ALL info will result in request not being counted.

1. What divot repair tool do you normally use?
2. What do you think about maintenance on greens by golfers in general?
3. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP?

Last edited:
Awesome opportunity here! Good luck to all who sign up! I'm interested to see how these work.

1. What divot repair tool do you normally use? THP all in one golfer survival tool
2. What do you think about maintenance on greens by golfers in general? Overall, pretty poor. Lots of golfers never take the time to find and repair their ball marks which makes for some ugly greens especially in the hot summer of Texas
3. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? Typically play once or twice a week. I would use this to repair my ball marks as well as any other marks that are in need of repair and savable. Would share this with my playing partners to get their thoughts. Would also take some before/after photos of different ball marks being repaired. Activity level on THP is fairly high!

Thanks for the opportunity THP and Green Saver!

Last edited:
Looks like a very interesting tool.

1. What divot repair tool do you normally use? I use a TaylorMade pitchfork divot repair tool.
2. What do you think about maintenance on greens by golfers in general? Greens on my regular courses are usually full of pitch marks and I seldom see people repairing them. I am disappointed when I see this because I know how hard most greenskeepers work.
3. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? If chosen, I will be able to test out this tool at least twice a week on the course for a minimum of 27 holes. I repair every divot I make, and will be sure to let my playing partners give it a try. I am on THP daily averaging over 3 posts per day and have updated other testing threads I participate in regularly. It will be no different for the greensaver. I will put the same effort into testing this product as I have for every other product I have tested.

1. What divot repair tool do you normally use? - The THP divot tool
2. What do you think about maintenance on greens by golfers in general? - It's shockingly poor. I'm amazed at the number of people that don't bother to repair ball marks.
3. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? - I play a minimum of once a week, but sometimes more. I would use the Green Saver during any round I was playing. I'm as active as active can be on THP.

Thanks for giving us this opportunity!

Hey thanks JB I'd love to try this!

1) I actually don't use a tool. I use the tee that is in my pocket at the time because I've always thought that they got the job done, but I would love to have somebody prove me wrong and turn me on to these things.
2) I think the way that golfers keep the greens is in general horrendous. I know that everyone here are THP always fixes their ball marks, etc, but I hate it when people don't. You can always find me bending over to fix an unrepaired ball mark on my way onto or off of the green. I try to keep the green at all the courses I play at in the best shape possible because I want others to experience thw best golf course they can.
3) I would have this tool in my pocket any time I went to the course or the practice area (4-5 times a week usually), and I would fix my own ball marks as well as those of the ignorant others. I think I'm pretty active and would update this forum every time I went out.

Looking forward to a potentially great opportnity and even if I'm not picked, I might get one if it gets good reviews! Thanks THP and Green Saver!

1. What divot repair tool do you normally use? My THP divot tool
2. What do you think about maintenance on greens by golfers in general? I don't think enough people know how to properly repair a divot/pitch mark
3. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I will use it every round I play and take a video of it in action. I am a very active forum member who is usually on posting away on a daily basis.

This could be interesting.

1. What divot repair tool do you normally use? I use a plastic divot repair tool that includes a stick in the ground ball marker. The current I am using is from the 2008 US Open @ Torrey Pines. It works great.
2. What do you think about maintenance on greens by golfers in general? I think that it depends on the course. I find heavily used public courses have a lot more untended ball marks on them then lower traffic courses. But even on more expensive courses, it always surprises me to find ball marks. I usually walk a green when I first arrive on it, and look for my ball mark, and repair all ball marks that I come across.
3. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I would take this device with me on my next couple of golf excursions (I tend to get an early morning 9 hole in the weekends where I am first around, and I see a lot of ball marks from the previous evening's rounds), as well as a mid-day 18. I would take out of the box pix and provide impressions of the new device compared to my existing tool of choice, and take pix during the rounds with my phone, and report on my thoughts of how the tool works.

1. What divot repair tool do you normally use? A Callaway Divot/ball marker combo tool.

2. What do you think about maintenance on greens by golfers in general? In most cases, golfers do a good job repairing greens. My uncle, as former greenskeeper of a golf course here in Omaha, could not talk enough about the importance of keeping greens as nice as you could. I've kind of taken after him...and in some cases go out of my way to fix majors divots I run into, if I have time.

3. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I plan to get out for at least 9 holes once a week, and will make sure to meet the requirements of a write-up within 5 days of receiving the tool.

As always, thank you for the opportunity!

1. What divot repair tool do you normally use? I use a TaylorMade divot repair and ball marker

2. What do you think about maintenance on greens by golfers in general? Disappointing is the only word I can use to describe it. I play a lot of mid level courses and I notice it much more after coming off of playing a country club or a nicer ($150) course. I don't see what is so hard about fixing a divot, but I believe it stems from a general lack of etiquette being taught to new golfers.

3. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? Now that I can get back out on the course after my 5+ weeks off, I would plan on using this on every round. I am an avid divot repair tool user so there would be a lot of use. Evaluating it on several different levels, performance (with before and after pictures), ease of carry (is it bulky), and features.

Thanks for the opportunity to help out!

I am really jealous. Wish I could get in on this. I am currently without a divot tool and would love to test this out but my golf hiatus is preventing me from doing anything at the moment. Thank you once again to THP for providing another great opportunity to its members.

1. What divot repair tool do you normally use? I currently use the THP divot repair tool and a chicago bears one :)
2. What do you think about maintenance on greens by golfers in general? I dont think it's as good as it could be. I'm guilty of it too, I know at times I do no do the best job at repairing my divots. I'd in all honesty love to get better at it,
3. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I play 1 to 2 rounds a week but also a lot of practing on the chipping green. I do try and repair those divots as well. I look for to provide feedback on ease of use, durability and how well it repairs the green. Im very active on THP and will stay that way!

Wow, another round of Testing :D

After watching the video I am very interested in trying this out for myself.

1. What divot repair tool do you normally use?
The THP divot repair tool or a tee peg if I haven't taken the repair tool out of my bag

2. What do you think about maintenance on greens by golfers in general?
Pretty poor around here to be honest. Almost every green I hit into has unrepaired pitch marks on them. The odd one or two is understandable but when you are seeing half a dozen per green it is just not on if you ask me. It doesn't take long to repair your pitch mark before marking your ball so I wish more players would be courteous to the others playing the game

3. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP?
I am very active on THP. Averaging 22 posts per day the last time I checked. I am on the forums pretty much all day (UK time) so would be available to add my thoughts and answer any questions that may be asked. My testing would involve ensuring that I repaired my own pitch marks on the greens as well as any others that I found whilst playing. With the amount I usually find this would ensure that the product got a thorough testing every time I went out for a round

Many thanks to :thp: and Greensaver for the opportunity

I would like to thank Greensaver for the opportunity, but I must withhold my name, due to engagements that keep me from golfing very often.

1. What divot repair tool do you normally use? I use a long tee or a divot tool to repair all ball marks
2. What do you think about maintenance on greens by golfers in general? I play and live in Florida and I am constantly fixing other peoples ball marks on the greens, new and old. It's sda really that so many do not repair ball marks. Florida public courses are littered with folks that don't take care of the courses they play especially the greens. I believe you should leave the course better than you found it. If everyone did, our courses would be in great shape year around.
3. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I would put this head to head, immediately, with my current method of repairing ball marks and offer up my opinion. From the looks of the video I will be able to repair more ball marks with this device then my usual tee in the pocket. I would also have to get some knee jerk reactions from random folks to see their thoughts.
I am a very active memeber of THP and have no plans of letting up. I enjoy the oppurtunities such as this to test and provide information. Thanks to THP and GreensaverGolfing

1. What divot repair tool do you normally use? Adidas combo tool

2. What do you think about maintenance on greens by golfers in general? It's poor, too many are simply lazy and rely on someone else to fix their's plus one.

3. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? Lot's of lazy golfers down here so I'll get many chances to utilize this tool through my rounds. I would like to consider to myself active, may not be the biggest poster in the world, but I read everything...well almost everything :act-up:

I am really jealous. Wish I could get in on this. I am currently without a divot tool and would love to test this out but my golf hiatus is preventing me from doing anything at the moment. Thank you once again to THP for providing another great opportunity to its members.

Come on man, get into it!

Last edited:
Awesome idea! This actually would make someone who doesn't fix divots want to fix them!

What divot repair tool do you normally use?- basic one from Golf Galaxy
What do you think about maintenance on greens by golfers in general?- severely lacking unless at a private course
Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP- I'm active on THP and always give honest feedback. I would get this onto the course and practice area ASAP to see if this is as easy as it looks. I would love to see ho well this does with extremely deep divots that come from a ball partially plugging when coming straight down on a soft green

Looks like a nifty little tool.

1. What divot repair tool do you normally use? THP all in one. I haven’t tried the dicing feature on it yet.
2. What do you think about maintenance on greens by golfers in general? Not very good. Seems I am always fixing more then my own mark on the green.
3. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? Play at least once a week and have no problem typing my thoughts on something like this. Maybe having to test something like this will get me to hit more GIR's.

Thanks all for the opportunity.

1. What divot repair tool do you normally use? -- I use a standard divot tool that has a magnet for my ball marker on it. The reason I like it is because the prongs are a bit longer and more narrow, giving me the ability to get into the ground a bit deeper.
2. What do you think about maintenance on greens by golfers in general? -- I think it's atrocious.. I often find myself re-fixing a couple poorly repaired marks and have seen so many people repair the divots improperly. It's a shame considering how important green reparation is to the quality of the game.
3. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? -- I believe that I am very active on THP and would be happy to fill in the masses of my experiences with the Green Saver during my 4-5 days/nights of golfing every week.

Thanks THP and Green Saver for bringing this new product to the forefront in a testing opportunity! (Oh, and again, well done tgtt!!)

1. What divot repair tool do you use? A metal pitch mark repairer/ ball marker combo from Adare Golf Club.
2. What do you think about maintenance on greens by golfers in general? I think that most people couldn't care less about minding greens. At my home course there do be very few green fees playing the course, yet there do be huge amounts of pitch marks left on every green unrepaired. It really annoys me that members could care so little about the quality of our greens.
3. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I usually play 2-3 18 hole rounds a week and am an avid repairer of pitch marks. I would use the repair tool several times on every green I play. I would also use before/after pictures to show how effective the tool is. I am currently quite active on THP and I aim to become more active over the next few weeks.

Thanks Green Saver and THP for the oppurtunity!

looks like a really neat tool!! And another great testing opportunity from THP and Greensaver!

1. What divot repair tool do you normally use?The pitch fork...like in the video
2. What do you think about maintenance on greens by golfers in general?Pretty bad most places, nothing like hitting a great shot and having a nice birdie putt only to find an old ball mark right on your line!
3. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I would carry it out with me for each and every round and practice session and take photos and videos of it in action. I could also see going to the practice green and "creating" 2 identical ball marks..fix one with my "pitchfork" and one with the Greensaver and video the whole thing. I am on THP everyday and I probably post 3-4 times a day minimum.

Thanks again THP and GreenSaver.

What divot repair tool do I use? I got three cheap two prongers sitting in my bag from various places. My favorite is this plastic one from the Callaway driving range here in town. Its plastic so it's a little thicker with a little shallow groove for your thumb. The other two are the standard flat metal and they're so thin/small they slip in my fingers. I'm not a person who thinks you should have to spend a lot of money on something like this.
Thoughts on Maintenence of greens by Golfers? They're TERRBILE! Back in High School my buddy's dad was a greenskeeper for a local executive course. After school they'ld let us play for free but we'l have to spend 5 minutes on each green fixing ball marks and raking the bunkers. (we were usually the last on the course). We were lucky because they had this pitch mark tool that was a big rod with a plunger/handle on one end and metal prongs on the other. Put the prongs on the mark, push down the handle and suddenly the marks gone. Good times, but It did make me develop this almost OCD like habit towards the maintenece of the putting greens. Short par 3 are the worse because of all the wedge shots hitting in to it. If everyone fixed two marks on every green then we'ld never have this problem.
Current THP Activity and testingPLay 2 rounds a week with 1-3 range trips. Am on THP almost everyday and still avg a strong amount of posts a day. We have a very specific pitch mark out here in the desert, Shallow, long, and sandy so that could help with testing.

Back