Forum Testing Signup - Green Saver Divot Repair Tool

This product looks really cool, Thanks THP and Green Saver Divot Repair Tool Company
1. What divot repair tool do you normally use?- A cheap free one from the course
2. What do you think about maintenance on greens by golfers in general? Its horrible, they dont fix ball marks and when they do its the wrong way, tired of all those brown dead ball marks on the greens.
3. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I would test this multiple times per week and also let a few friends try it out to get their opinions on it, im very active on THP with multiple post per day, i plan to be here for a very long time, its the best forum on the web IMO.

1. What divot repair tool do you normally use? I currently use a long tee since my tool broke
2. What do you think about maintenance on greens by golfers in general? I have been to some courses are are great and I have been to a lot that arent. I feel like on a lot of courses people are being rushed through so they dont stop to think about fixing their ball mark (that plus laziness). I think some people dont know how to fix a ball mark without ruining the green and others just flat out dont pay attention to it. I try to fix other marks when I can especially when they are in my putting line but it really is time consuming.
3. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I am going to be back in Arizona on the 12th and I plan on being at a range MTThF and golfing on Wednesday/weekends. I am new but I plan on being on everyday and would have no problem posting pictures etc.

Regardless I cant wait to see what everyone thinks about it. If this saves any time on the green and makes fixing marks easier then I will buy one in a heartbeat.

1. What divot repair tool do you normally use? I use my THP divot repair tool and LOVE it!

2. What do you think about maintenance on greens by golfers in general? I think that a lot of golfers that don't play on a regular basis don't even try to fix their ball marks. It really upsets me to hit into a green and as I'm walking to my ball see fresh marks every where. If I can see them, then everyone can see them. I have a tendency to fix any of them I see with in reason. I don't try and take longer than a few seconds to peek around and fix any I see, usually do this while someone else is lining up their putt. Then I stop as they putt to not distract them.

3. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I am on THP constantly. I play league once a week and then usually play a couple times after work sometime MTTFS. Then I play at least 18 in the morning on sundays plus go back at night a lot to play another 9 when it's wide open. I would post my findings after everytime I play.

Thanks for the great opportunity again THP! Thanks to Tgtt for getting this information to JB and GG so that we have this opportunity.

Hmmmm, intriguing to say the least...

1. What divot repair tool do you normally use?
Lajosi Milled Divot Tool

2. What do you think about maintenance on greens by golfers in general?
I think its generally terrible, that is when you get people that actually do take the time to repair their marks. I was a greens cooler for 5 summers and always carried my own tool with me to fix un-repaired or incorrectly repaired marks while I was watering.

3. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP?
Honestly, with testing its hit lots of greens and use it as much as possible, even repairing marks that are not mine but left in my putting line, with that, I'm sure I could come up with an in depth review of the tool. My activity level is very high as I'm always on the forum even when at work, this place is like a second home with all of the friends I have here that are always on and replying in threads.

Thanks a million to Green Saver and THP for this opportunity!

Adidas pitch fork tool
i was a caddy for 11 years at one of out states nicest country clubs and course care is huge with me. i always repair my divots along with divots left behind by other players.
i play three times a week and sometimes four. i play a high ball flight with a lot of spin so i am always fixing divots. ive been on the site for almost a month now and every day i find myself being more and more involved in all conversations on this site

Last edited:
1. What divot repair tool do you normally use? I have a standard 2 prong unmarked divot repair tool I received at a tournament.
2. What do you think about maintenance on greens by golfers in general? I think its still difficult for newbies and non frequent golfers alike and I might have been taught wrong myself and not repairing greens correctly.
3. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I've been fortunate enough to test some other equipment for THP, I post daily and feel confident and comfortable posting my honest opinion and answer questions whenever asked of other members. I hope to show others the proper way to repair a ball mark and hope this tool is a little more "fool proof" than the standard 2 prong that I and most others use...

Thanks THP and Green Saver!

1. What divot repair tool do you normally use? I use the THP Crosshair divot tool.

2. What do you think about maintenance on greens by golfers in general? I play 15 to 25 different courses a year and almost without fail the greens have numerous ball marks that other golfers have failed to repair. It is a simple thing to fix yours plus one more, but sometimes that one more is like six and there is really no excuse for this.

3. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I will report with picture and on course videos plus regular updates. I play at least 3 times a week and sometimes as many as 6, so the Green Saver would get plenty of use. I am very active on THP and participate in many forum discussions and have been fortunate enough to have tested several different items during my time here as well as adding my thoughts and questions in others testing threads. I am actually addicted to this website according to my wife.

Thank you Green Saver & THP and good luck to all testers.

Logo divot tool of my Home course.
I'd say it is rather poor. I myself try to abide by the unwritten rule of fixing your ball mark plus 1 other every green and you can usually fix 5 more each hole if you wanted to.
I would take this out with me every time i play about 3 times a week and use it as much as possible. I would take before pictures then after pictures and take comparison pictures vs my normal divot tool as well. I'm on THP every day whenever i am home and would be constantly monitoring the thread.

Im not going pass this one up because i am always getting on my buddies about fixing there ball marks and it drives me insaine to see them all over a nice green!!!

1. What divot repair tool do you normally use? I use the tees in my pocket to be honest. I get the ball marks worked out very well with them

2. What do you think about maintenance on greens by golfers in general? The course i play on the majority of the time has alot of people who dont fix the divits and ball marks and it pisses me off. The course managers go throught great exstents to keep it nice and they just mess it up. GRRRRRRRR

3. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I will use this product exstensivly. I will post its performance and pictures of before and after ball marks. The greens on the course i play are always soaked so it will be used ALOT. I will not disapoint on my reviews

1. What divot repair tool do you normally use?My THP divot repair tool or a tee.
2. What do you think about maintenance on greens by golfers in general?Many golfers at least in my area DO NOt bother to repair ball marks which makes for bad greens and putting.
3. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP?I am on THP daily and I usually play at least weekly.I would test the tool and try to give my honest opinion as to its usefulness,if it works as advertised and its value vs.other type green repair methods and tools.

I normally use a tee to repair my divots on the green.

I think it is important to repair your divot well and return the green to being flat, because nothing is more annoying than having a divot ruin your putting line.

I plan to test the divot tool during my weekly rounds. I have been considering getting a divot repair tool for awhile now, but it is tough to justify getting one because a tee can repair my divots well and I always have a tee tucked behind my ear. I am interested in seeing how much better and faster The Green Saver could repair the green over my current method. As for my activity on THP, I check it every day before I go to work, and multiple times (sometimes obsessively) throughout the night. I enjoy reading the testing reviews that fellow THP’ers produce in the forums, and would be honored to participate in them myself.

1. What divot repair tool do you normally use? THP divot repair tool.
2. What do you think about maintenance on greens by golfers in general? Its terrible, but I would rather see someone not fix a divot at all, then fix it improperly.
3. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? My testing plan would be to simply use it as my day to day divot repair tool and report on its ability to fix all levels of ball marks on greens. My activity level is high I would say.

Some plastic Miller Lite (rules) freebie from a random scramble.

I don't think golfers intend to neglect the greens it's just they don't fix them correctly. I see a lot more brown spots than blatant ball marks left totally neglected. I'm not sure I do it correctly and have never really felt too comfortable when doing so which is how I came across The Green Saver.

I'm on THP quite a lot even if I only post a couple of times a day. I wont be able to update as much as other as it looks like I only have 5 days off in Sept but I will give my input and my playing partners as well when I am able to find time to play.

Thanks JB & GG.

Special thanks to Conor for sending some Green Savers to THP for testing.

If the green saver works as well as in that video, it should be mandatory !!

Currently using the THP divot tool, it's simple, looks good and keeps me from losing my ball marker which I used to be good at.

It's a respect thing, and frankly it kinda bothers me when someone doesn't fix their pitch marks. Especially the obvious ones, I mean it could happen that you miss a small one. I remember reading a sign when I was younger that said, it takes 2 days for a pitch mark to repair itself if you fix it, but it takes 2 weeks if you don't. Stuck with me.

I'm on here everyday and on the course 2-3 times a week. It gives me ample opportunity to put the Green Saver through the paces and report back on my findings. I'll also be able to answer other THP'ers questions in a short period of time.

Once again, thanks to THP and Green Saver for this opportunity !

I normally use the toe of my putter to repair the divot. Don't laugh - Gary Player on an episode of Playing Lessons from the Pros advocated this!
In general, I think most golfers don't pay too much attention to the greens. I try to repair my divot and at least 1 other when I get to the green.
I visit THP multiple times/day, and post when I feel I have something to add to a thread. I am able to play golf about weekly, and would use the tool on every green. I would also encourage my playing partners to use the tool as well, and I would incorporate their feedback into my posts.

1. What divot repair tool do you normally use? A tee. I have a couple divot tools but normally a tee does the job.
2. What do you think about maintenance on greens by golfers in general? I wish it was some kind of rule that could be tracked that people had to fix greens. Nothing more annoying than lining up a putt with a big divot that wasn't fixed.
3. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? Testing plan will just be use it every time I play, which is everyday. I will probably hit more full wedge shots into the green to insure I can try to fix those big ones. I like to think my activity level on THP is high. I'm on the site everyday and give my input wherever I think there is a chance for me to help someone, or start a conversation.

1. What divot repair tool do you normally use? Pitchfork here, the regular variety.

2. What do you think about maintenance on greens by golfers in general? To the most part the people at our course are good about trying to fix them, they just need educated on how to go about it. I think they do more damage than good much of the time.

3. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? Here every day and multiple times per day sticking my nose into everything possible, but thats how you learn and the best part of THP. In testing this I am very interested in learning how this tool can fix different styles of divots. The long spread out divot, or that crater that seems to hit bedrock. I play almost every day and post my experiences with the product being tested daily, but I am also around enough to answer questions for those who ask.

Divot tool normally used: The one I was given at my local course.

Maintenance on greens: I fix my marks and usually 2-3 more per green. One of my summer jobs in college was working at a local golf course and my first job every morning was to go out and fix all pitch marks not repaired. This is really a pet peeve for me!

Testing and activity: I will use this every time I play which is a couple of times a week now that my sports broadcasting season is about to begin. I will give honest and thoroughevaulation on this product if chosen and will answer any questions anyone has about this product.

Thanks and hope I am chosen!

1. What divot repair tool do you normally use? Dont have one. I usually just use a tee.
2. What do you think about maintenance on greens by golfers in general? I think they should repair the mark to the best of their ability, but if they cant fully fix it, it's not a big problem/
3. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I have become extremely active on THP over the last month. I enjoy posting and helping others with all golfing needs. I plan to use this product to test how easily it really is to fix divots as quickly as it advertises. I will make a series of different size divots and test to see how fast and how effective the product is.

Usually a tee peg, and other times, a normal repair tool.
Considering our course has been run horribly, causing half of it to shut down, it is pretty frustrating to the greens go to shame. Now that half is gone, there is way more traffic, causing more ball marks, and lazy people not bothering to fix it.
I plan to use it during my high school matches to see how it performs on different types of grass i.e. Bent and bermuda. I plan to post my thoughts about it after every match, but school might have an effect on it.

Currently just a tee.

Awful. People never fix their divots on the greens. Drives me insane.

I am pretty active on THP. I plan on just using this where it matters, on the golf course. I hope I can hit a lot of greens so this bad boy can get some use! :)

Thanks THP for another cool new gadget!

1. I use a scotty cameron divot repair tool
2. I don't think most golfers repair the greens nearly as well as they should. I personally always try to fix at least my ball mark and another one. I always try to remember how obnoxious it is to try to putt around or through a poorly fixed ball mark.
3. I will use it every single time I play golf for the remainder of the year. I will take pictures of my divots before and after, with my SC repair tool and the Green Saver. A side by side comparison is the only way to tell if it is truly a superior product. I average over 3 posts a day on THP (that number has gone up significantly over the past 5 months) and will continue to increase my posting numbers!
Thanks again THP!

1. What divot repair tool do you normally use? THP Crosshair Divot Tool
2. What do you think about maintenance on greens by golfers in general? I think more people could repair their markers. I tend to repair mine and at least one other on each green during a round.
3. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I plan on testing this at least once a week while I play golf and I will do some testing at a local practice chipping green. I spend a lot of my time on THP and I avg around 7 post a day.

Sounds like a good opportunity to try out something new to the market. I can say I probably would just walk by it in the store without some feedback on the product first!

I normally just use a tee, but I do own a very cheep plastic tool. From my observations on the course, it seems most people just have a regular cheap tool.

I am still a beginner golfer, so I have mainly been playing on city owned courses or public courses. I dont think I have noticed a green yet that doesn't have a few unfixed divots. I'm guessing this is because of the level of golfer is generally at more of a beginner level and most people are just golfing for fun as more of a drinking event. It would be nice if people took a bit of care for the greens as I'm sure they would be angry when their putt misses the hole due to a bounce off a unfixed divot.

My plan for testing would be to carry it for each of my games and use it exactly as I would use a normal tool (maybe replace a few extra divots as well!). I play a lot as a single and get teamed up with threesomes, so I would also offer to let them try it out to get their initial impressions. My activity level obviously isn't as high as most of you THPs! I spend quite a bit of time on THP each day, but as Im just a beginner golfer I spend my time reading comments than posting. I have been getting into golf and playing once or twice a week these days and getting my post count up as I learn more!

-Champ FlipFix Folding Divot Tool/Ball Marker
In general, most golfers are only concerned about fixing the divots they make that are close to the pin(something of a badge of honor). Many golfers ignore divots unless they are in their putting line. Greens would be much better of everyone fixed one divot per green.
3. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP?[/QUOTE]
-I typically play three times per week(mon,wed, fri). After each of my completed rounds I would provide hd video of my use with the divot repair tool as well as video commentary of my opinion on it's effectiveness. I'm constantly on the thp forums and I love posting anything to help my fellow golfers.

Back