what part of your game are you working on?

The last three rounds and sessions I strictly worked on ballstriking. This is by far the best striking I've had since undertaking a huge swing change.

Alex

After today's round the focus will be on 100 and within.

---
- Tappin' from my iPad in support of Team Hackers!

After today's round the focus will be on 100 and within.

---
- Tappin' from my iPad in support of Team Hackers!

Haha, I see you had one of those moments of realization just like I did. Mine the other day was more like a what the hell moment though.

Working on my follow through and consistent swing speed.

Short game of course! Shouldn't everyone be working on that? I don't think I've ever met anyone who has a good enough short game.

Pretty happy with my driving the last couple if weeks, and for me it's GIR. Missing far too many from the fairway which is criminal. One this last Saturday was from 120 meters with a PW in my hands and I miss 10 meters left!

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=-36.743636,174.731777
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a putting lesson this morning.

Pro had me get my eyes over the ball as I was pretty far behind the ball which leads to allignment issues. That was an easy fix, he also got me to square the putter face much more and forward press before my stroke. We worked on a shorter/more compact stroke and a straight back straight through swing path. I was getting a little wonky and long with my stroke so I putted between two allignment sticks for about an hour and 15 mins today total.

Feels great.

Not letting my left wrist break down through impact.

Have been working on getting my putting speed down due to changing putters not too long ago... but after the past couple rounds my ball striking could sure use some work as well.

30 to 60 yards is just killing my game. Close range chipping and pitching is by far the best part of my game, but back it up a little ways and I fall apart.

30 to 60 yards is just killing my game. Close range chipping and pitching is by far the best part of my game, but back it up a little ways and I fall apart.

Well what do you typically use. And when do you use it. Different wedges are required at different yardages and even different setups. Which I have found hitting tiny knockdowns when I have more green to work with work better than always trying to hit my 60*/64* at the cup.

Recently I spent significant time working on my greenside bunker play. It paid off this weekend, as I was in 3 greenside bunkers and got up and down 2 of the 3 times. I don't mind a 66% sandy percentage (I am probably much closer to 33% or less usually)

I am trying to fix my iron play. I am doing great with the driver off the tee and the FW in the fairway, but irons mess me up, I pull everything. I took a lesson and the instructor said my set up was off with the irons, I have the iron on too much of an angle, the butt end pointing more towards the target, and he wants it straighter. Tried to do it last time out and had some decent shots and some bad ones. I think I am on the right track though.

I'm working on controlling ball trajectory. I tend to hit the ball very high, this can be difficult to control distance on the short shots. I've been working on more bump and runs around the green and taking a lower lofted club combined with a shorter swing. I'm starting to see success in controlling these shots and keeping the ball closer to the pin. I live in Kansas so this is even more helpful on windy days.

All around short game, now that my driver is going long and straight more and more I find my self with I wedge in my hand for my second shot. Really focusing on getting my second shot to leave me with a make able birdie putt or an easy two putt.

been working on the 30-80yd shots. It's been paying off as I beat my best at the "Before Work with co-workers" course by 1 stroke for a 43. I don't walk up to the short shots anymore and start getting worried about not landing it close to the pin.

Well what do you typically use. And when do you use it. Different wedges are required at different yardages and even different setups. Which I have found hitting tiny knockdowns when I have more green to work with work better than always trying to hit my 60*/64* at the cup.

I've been working rather hard on several shots from that range, but the one thats costing me bad is front pin locations and trying to bump and run it close. Give me a full 80/ to 100 and I will nail it, or give me 20, but that 30 to 60 is just killing me all the sudden.

Putting!

Lighten up your grip pressure and make sure youre accelerating through the ball Due. It will work like a dream.
I've been working rather hard on several shots from that range, but the one thats costing me bad is front pin locations and trying to bump and run it close. Give me a full 80/ to 100 and I will nail it, or give me 20, but that 30 to 60 is just killing me all the sudden.

Putting alignment and getting my weight shift to my left side on full swings

--
tapatalk

Lighten up your grip pressure and make sure youre accelerating through the ball Due. It will work like a dream.

Thanks Trainer, will give it a try. I'm just short enough off the tee that I find myself in that range on most par 5's. I chipped one in today, but the rest were either way long or way short, lol.

Tap,Tap,Tap

i battled that for years before making a breakthrough. now i need to work on my putting, mainly from inside 15 feet.

Coming over the top. Started the season taking the club too far inside, and now I am rolling my arms too much. OTT haunts my dreams. Scheduling a lesson for later this week to see if there is anything else I am doing wrong.

i dont know how people play with high lofts like that at all...but then again i carry 2 sand wedges, one for sand and rough with lead tape on it, and one for fariways...and i do agree with keep the ball lower whenever possible and using the green you have to work with wisely.

Back