what part of your game are you working on?

I am working on my swing plane. Try to get the club into a weightless position during my back swing. Easy to do in slow motion but full speed I feel it's not quit there, practice right makes perfect!

Brought to by iPhone 4 powered by Tapatalk

Chipping, my greenside play has been horrible the last two rounds. I think its time for some new wedges...... that will fix it right !!!

For putting, I'm working on a stroke that emulates Rory's straight left wrist. Full swing I'm trying to have my release a little later to stop the occasional pull-hook.

definitely have to get my chipping better. and my long irons could definitely improve.

I feel pretty good about my long irons. I am working on my driver (need to control the slice) and my wedges. Those are the two areas that I need to approve.

Consistency off the tee (driver), I put myself in a bad spot too often. And I use everything from the driver to 4I. Even using an iron off the tee will still result in a poor swing and a bad position to start the hole.

I've also been working on 10 yards and in, and eliminating 3 putts. I give up 2-4 strokes a game with 3 putts.

All of it. Can't make solid contact with ball. Oh well, no one ever said a lesson with a completely rebuilt driver swing and revamped iron swing would be easy. Back to the range.

This week putting as need to get a feel for the new stick. Cost me about 12 shots yesterday!!!

Spent the better part of the day hitting balls. Worked primarily on my tempo. Then a good two hours on the putting green. Brought out my bellyputter to groove my technique a bit. Can't believe how good I'm rolling the ball now, the holes are enormous.

I make a point of recording my FIR GIR putts and shots on every round. From that I can work out what to work on for the next day. ATM it's pitching, isn't it always? Lmao! Does anyone else do this? It's working for me so far as I have cut around 10 strokes from my handicap in one month! :)

distance with everything... from tee to green

I'm back in the game after a couple of health problems.... back starting with my putting working my way back!

Short game. Thats where you score. I've got to get better around the green!!!

Everything. Since February and acquiring a swing coach I've been working my tail off in every facet of the game. The full swing we worked diligently on losing a sway and changing my backswing among others. Short game... I've added a bunch of shots with different clubs for scoring and putting we've been working on the stroke itself. It's all coming together and I'm scoring well. This is all preparation for next year although next year is this year.

Man, it's tough to work through the changes on the course. Old habits die hard.

Alex

course management... if it wasnt for 1 lousy hole today i coulda went low

Hours and hours per week on short game.

• 30/40 yard pitch shots in my back yard. 50+ yard pitch shots at practice hole.
  • Chipping when just off green using different irons. I even made a cheat sheet to help me know which club works best for me at what distance.
  • Putting - 3, 6, 9, 20, & 40' but most specifically from 40' with goal to make no worse than 2 putt. I play 18 holes on same green from 40' with 2 putt for par. I'm getting better but have a ways to go with that one.
  • Next up bunkers!

I am focusing on putting. I have missed alot of birdie puttes lately. Leaving them all short is my problem. I am planning on spending alot of time on the practice green throught out the next few days.

120 yards and in...long game is getting enough to keep it where it is, but i want to be hitting targets from 120. putting yourself in 3 putt distance on a green is just as bad as missing the green IMO.

Short game, putting, chipping and pitching.

I feel like I'm working on everything. Am I the only one that feels like I'm changing my swing every few months? It's working out (hc is going down) but, I feel like every time I tweak it, it takes a month or two to start getting it down.

Aside from full swing and good tempo...
Pitching 30-60 yds.
Chipping with lower lofted clubs.
Putting past the hole on putts 10ft and in.

Keeping my head still during my swing. It's just been swaying back and forth and causing general inconsistency in my ball-striking. And as always: Short game.

120 and in has been my most recent focus. I really think that's why I'm so dang intrigued by the SCOR system.

The putting green in the man-cave has really helped my putting.

Back