what part of your game are you working on?

Greenside bunker play is what I am working on right now.
No problems getting out, but I want to get the shots closer to the hole for more sand saves.

i dont know how people play with high lofts like that at all...but then again i carry 2 sand wedges, one for sand and rough with lead tape on it, and one for fariways...and i do agree with keep the ball lower whenever possible and using the green you have to work with wisely.

Because when you play fast greens that 64 is a lot better then a 60...try hitting a 64 out of a bunker with a high lip sometime. I dont carry one but they add a lot more shots. Phil made the 64 popular because he is one of the best wedge players on tour and he uses one.

Because when you play fast greens that 64 is a lot better then a 60...try hitting a 64 out of a bunker with a high lip sometime. I dont carry one but they add a lot more shots. Phil made the 64 popular because he is one of the best wedge players on tour and he uses one.

i mean, i dont mean to get snooty...but i have no problems doing whatever i need to do with a 56, and i certaintly dont play a club because a pro does. in fact thats the mistake alot of people make...they aren't pros, and cant use a club like a pro does. i know what they do for some people. and i grew up playing greens rolling at an 11-12, and still play on greens rolling an 11. in case you didnt read my post, i said i dont understand how people use them, but to each their own, because i use a weighted 56* sand wedge for shots i need to get up in the air quicker. ive played at oakmont CC 3 times and never felt like a higher loft would have helped me.

my swing is discombobulated and im working on everything right now :sad:

i mean, i dont mean to get snooty...but i have no problems doing whatever i need to do with a 56, and i certaintly dont play a club because a pro does. in fact thats the mistake alot of people make...they aren't pros, and cant use a club like a pro does. i know what they do for some people. and i grew up playing greens rolling at an 11-12, and still play on greens rolling an 11. in case you didnt read my post, i said i dont understand how people use them, but to each their own, because i use a weighted 56* sand wedge for shots i need to get up in the air quicker. ive played at oakmont CC 3 times and never felt like a higher loft would have helped me.

I agree with you completely. I was just saying that people use clubs like that because they can do things that other clubs wouldnt let them. I know a lot of people that carry a 64 because they cant hit a flop shot...knowing how useless a 64 is once you learn to flop I could never buy one.

Driving for me at the moment, I feel the key to good scores is keeping the ball in play from the tee. With my new driver and the Vision Balls it is getting better and better and my scores and HI are dropping

driver distance... i can hit it just not far

Alignment!!! :stickbeat: can't seem to get it through my stupid head that the best swing you can possibly make is pointless if you line it up wrong.

I agree with you completely. I was just saying that people use clubs like that because they can do things that other clubs wouldnt let them. I know a lot of people that carry a 64 because they cant hit a flop shot...knowing how useless a 64 is once you learn to flop I could never buy one.

I can flop..I use to flop with my 50* AW but then I bought my 60* for more shots around the green or even sand shots. And then I bought my 64* which has really helped around the greens even more. I'm able to get more spin on the flop shot that I need for it to stop where I need it. It comes in handy sometimes.

I can flop..I use to flop with my 50* AW but then I bought my 60* for more shots around the green or even sand shots. And then I bought my 64* which has really helped around the greens even more. I'm able to get more spin on the flop shot that I need for it to stop where I need it. It comes in handy sometimes.

How far do you hit a full flop with your 64? That was one of the reasons I didnt want to bag one is that I think mine was going like 20 yards or something and from that distance I usually play a pitch.

I need my greens in regulation. Its killing me.

I wish someone would bring one of those fiberglass alignment rods to the range for me, and use it to whack me across the back of my legs whenever i align to the right or left of of my intended target. lol

I wish someone would bring one of those fiberglass alignment rods to the range for me, and use it to whack me across the back of my legs whenever i align to the right or left of of my intended target. lol

:laughing:

I went through this same problem early this Spring, so I know how you feel. It sucks to strike it right on button, get that great feedback only to look up and see the ball floating on a beautiful pin high path, right toward the beach.

How far do you hit a full flop with your 64? That was one of the reasons I didnt want to bag one is that I think mine was going like 20 yards or something and from that distance I usually play a pitch.

A full 64*? In the 50-70 yard range. Sometimes I scoop the ball causing it to be fat but more times than not I love the ball flight and the spin I get out of the club. I'm still getting used to the club though too.

None right now. Taking a week break. Tough weekend last weekend so I need this. Going to hopefully get rid of my putting yips and get a lesson next week.

---
- Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

well, i guess when you put it that way, a higher handicap might need a high degree to be able to flop from difficult spots around the green, so maybe it is advantageous. either way, point taken.

well, you guys just aren't speaking my language anymore. full flop? i mean, to me a flop is not supposed to have a full distance, per say. flops are intended for when your in the rough around a green and don't have much green to work with, or if your are down a hill beside a green with not much green to work with and need to get the ball up high quickly to reduce roll out. there is really a lot of spin to be produced by a flop shot, you don't hit down on the ball at all. and i mean how much spin do you need? only enough to stop the ball if you ask me. i've never seen any use for sucking a ball back, it typically will only hurt unless you've accidentally hit it too far. if your having trouble stopping your ball, at a 5.4 handicap, you should think about a different ball or a different swing plane.

Today worked on pitch shots controlling spin and distances with different clubs around the green.

patience... especially during slow play

patience... especially during slow play

Amen to that, only time I don't mind is during a tournament( I still mean less than 5 hours though)

today i worked on taming my hook... it kinda worked sorta

The two areas I need to work on are control off the tee and putting.. Especially putting.

Back