iCaddi Golf Towel Review Thread

Thanks for adding that video that shows how to attach it to the bag. I was starting to get the idea that some people weren't doing it right, since they were saying things about knots and it falling off the golf bag. At first I thought it may fall off as well until I realized I was attaching it wrong. Once I figured it out, it hasn't even come close to falling off. I also don't think it hangs down too long if you attach it correctly, but it may on other golf bags. I was going to attach a small video of how to attach it to the golf bag this afternoon, but since you beat me to the punch, I won't worry about it. Thanks again.

I hadn't even though about double hooking the lanyard like in the video - doh.

Will try the carabine first though to see how I go with that. Booked a tee time for Monday evening so the towel will be getting it's first testing then

IMG_0317.jpg

This was after the round..I washed the towel with water and a nylon brush lightly just to see how it holds up..I'm going to upload the picture of after once it dries a bit. And will give a better review of a full round after I get the picture.

Thanks for adding that video that shows how to attach it to the bag. I was starting to get the idea that some people weren't doing it right, since they were saying things about knots and it falling off the golf bag. At first I thought it may fall off as well until I realized I was attaching it wrong. Once I figured it out, it hasn't even come close to falling off. I also don't think it hangs down too long if you attach it correctly, but it may on other golf bags. I was going to attach a small video of how to attach it to the golf bag this afternoon, but since you beat me to the punch, I won't worry about it. Thanks again.

haha no problem i had the same issue as well before lol hahaha

I finally had my premiere with the Icaddie today, even though they closed the course due to rain. What to do? I spent about an hour and a half doing wedgework at the practise greens. The towel worked just fine. I don´t feel this was the best way to test it since it was VERY wet and muddy. The ICaddie worked just fine cleaning up my wedges, but I don´t feel it was a challenge getting them clean today as it was so wet. The real test should come later in the week when it dries up and the dirt sticks a bit more to the clubs.
IMG_20110820_114404.jpg
[/IMG] And
IMG_20110820_114439.jpg
[/IMG]

It is a nice product that I find user friendly once you´ve taken the time to read the folding instructions. I especially like the silky feel of the cloth. Feels much nicer than a regular cotton towel. Stay tuned for more testing as I need to test this beauty in drier conditions.

I really like it so far.

I took the iCaddi towel out for another round yesterday. The towel did a great gob of cleaning the balls and getting the suface gunk off the clubs.
I still need to hit the grooves with a brush, but that is only for the deep stuff. I am impressed with how the towel holds the water and doesn't evaporate out so fast in the heat.
I like the fact that the cloth in this towel has been treated with an anti-microbial, so we don't have to worry about mold and other little baddies growing in there.
This towel is starting to gain more favor with me over my last post. I'll be posting more reviews after every round.

I just have to say I am thorougly impressed with this towel so far. yesterday I went to the range after some rain so it was very soggy. These two pictures will show you just how effective this towel can be. The first picture is my dirty sandwedge after taking a big chunk of mud, and the second is how freaking clean it got.

photo1-1.jpg

photo2-1.jpg

I am flat out loving this towel. Thanks so much to THP and hydroeffects.

I took the towel back out for another test run yesterday. I had a tournament and we had a 12:00 shotgun start. The towel performed greatly until the wet pouch dried up. It took about 9 holes to get completely dry. I made sure I soaked it down really well before the round. I honestly think it only does this because of the temperatures. It would be nearly impossible for anything to stay wet for 4.5 hours as hot as it was. The heat index got to around 115. Other than that one issue, I absolutely love the towel. I think when the temperatures drop a little, the towel will stay wet longer.

I did have a shot yesterday where my ball landed on the bank of a creek in some mud. I was able to play the ball out, but when I did I had mud everywhere. This happened early in the round when the towel was still wet. It did a great job of getting my club and the ball very clean. I wish I would have had a camera with me, but since it was a tournament, I did not. I'll usually have a cell phone camera with me, but since cell phones are not allowed during tournament play, my phone was in the car and I couldn't get any pictures.

Got through 16 holes before the thunder moved in. But the iCaddi performed just like everyone has been saying. But I do have a gripe about the cleaning..

Trying to clean dirty balls can sometimes take a few times to clean compared to the Frogger towel. I just sometimes don't like soft feel the towel gives compared to the rougher type of cloth that the frogger has. I mean the iCaddi gets the job done and does the job well and clean up is still easy.

Doesn't anyone refill the water for the towel at the water jugs? There are usually four of them out on the course on most courses I've played.

Haven´t been forced to yet. Looking forward to some drier conditions.

Haven´t been forced to yet. Looking forward to some drier conditions.

A lot of people (in the states) have mentioned that it dries out mid round. I was just wondering if they ever got it wet again at the water jugs.

A lot of people (in the states) have mentioned that it dries out mid round. I was just wondering if they ever got it wet again at the water jugs.

From my experience with the Icaddie, I don´t see any problem taking your waterbottle and just squirt some water into the pockets. Or using the taps around the course. Not sure if that answers your question Smalls?

From my experience with the Icaddie, I don´t see any problem taking your waterbottle and just squirt some water into the pockets. Or using the taps around the course. Not sure if that answers your question Smalls?

Not really. People have mentioned that it dries out but I haven't noticed anyone saying they filled it back up. Just wondering if anyone filled it once it went dry.

That's what I would do, just haven't seen it mentioned is all.

Not really. People have mentioned that it dries out but I haven't noticed anyone saying they filled it back up. Just wondering if anyone filled it once it went dry.

That's what I would do, just haven't seen it mentioned is all.

I´ll be sure to mention it this week if it happens:D

Great reviews guys, I've been using the spotless swing towel, but I may have to order one of these to check it out.

Great reviews guys, I've been using the spotless swing towel, but I may have to order one of these to check it out.

I've been using the Spotless and a wet towel I keep in the basket.

Some really nice reviews here guys. I normally have to rewet my regular towel two or three times a round and it is sounding like this requires only one refill.

The great thing with the iCaddi is if you do have to add water just pour some out of your water bottle, or I would even throw a few ice cubes in there in this heat. The towel is going to absorb the moisture, there is just a lot of extreme heat right now, so it is no wonder some of the towels are drying out. All in all I think it is a great product, and I am glad I am getting to test one and share with everyone else.

I went to Pinehurst over the weekend and really put the iCaddi towel to some good use. We played a total of 96 holes over the weekend. The towel stayed wet through each 18 and I would re-wet before playing another. The course conditions were pretty dry and it did a great job taking care of the normal dirt from hitting each shot. It would get a little dirty during the round, but when I would re-wet it before the next 18. I would wash most of the dirt off and it would be ready to go again. I thought the dry part of the towel handled the wet grips and clubs from the morning dew too. I really like the way the towel cleans sand off of your wedges too. That is the dirtiest my clubs got through the whole weekend. It took care of those no problem. On other thing that really impressed me was that it never got a musty smell to it. I would leave it attached to the bag each night in the back of my truck (under a tonneau cover) and the next morning it was ready to go. I do have it hanging up in the garage now for a full dry out session. HAHA I am really impressed with this towel a lot and have thought about trying to carry it around the course with me like Mike. I just don't know how I will do swinging with a towel hanging from my side. I think that will bother me. I might just carry it and lay it down while I hit. Let me know if you have any questions about my uses of the towel over the weekend.

Played 18 tonight and used the iCaddi towel for the first time. I made sure to really soak the wet section of the towel before I left for the course.

Only a few brief thoughts from the first round out as to be honest I didn't really use the towel all that much tonight for some reason

Pro's
Stayed wet for the duration of the round despite being nice and sunny tonight.

Kept my clubfaces relatively clean when I used it

Perfect length for my cart bag

Con's
The towel seemed to get twisted quite easily for me, although this could be down to the carabiner that I was using, I am going to swap it for the lanyard that is supplied with the towel for my next round to see how it performs

Didn't get all the dirt out of the grooves, this could be down to me not rubbing hard enough or the fact that the Nike irons have more grooves that are closer together than other irons.

There was some muck and dirt in both wet pockets as the conclusion of my round but that is to be expected considering you are cleaning mud off your clubs
The iCaddie has been washed and is now hanging out to dry.

I am going to try to get to the range later this week where I can give the towel a thorough testing

Had another opportunity to test today and the Icaddie performed brilliant. The course was drying up so it was the perfect testing with really sticky divots.

Smallville, I left one of the pockets dry and tried squirting water into it with my bottle - No problem whatsoever. If the pockets run dry, just squirt some more into them. Just make sure you hold the bottle in your glove-hand or remove so it doesn´t get wet.

This time I used the lanyard up on the grip of my cart. I think that was a better position for me ,rather than hanging under the grip, on the cart. If you go back to my previous post with Pics, you´ll get the idea.

Pros:
* Gets the job done!
* Stays wet, or very easily refillable on the course.
* Easy to wash.
* perfect for cleaning balls.

Cons:
* The lanyard can be a bit long, easily fixed if you loop it back through the towel.
* Its not a miracle worker, some of the dirt does get stuck in the grooves of the club - so you might want to keep your brush nearby.

Next opportunity I´m going to try and have the towel hanging from my belt, Like Mike did in the video. For some reason I´m thinking it´ll be in the way on the followtrough - But I´ll give it a try as that would present you with really easy access after a shot.

Just PM me or any of the other testers if you have any questions about the Icaddie.
IMG_20110823_165148.jpg
[/IMG]

I really have been enjoying having the iCaddie golf towel during my rounds lately. I was really pondering ways that I could have a wet towel without the mess for the last month or so. I think this is one of the main buying factors of this towel to me. It gives you a great wet cleaning surface without getting your golf bag wet or starting to stink by the end of the round. I don't think it does as good of a job cleaning out excessively dirty grooves as other towels on the market, but this can be eliminated with a small brush. I have only noticed it struggle on really dirty clubs and not your normal daily golf dirt. On the wet days on the course I just do a quick brush off with the small plastic brush and wipe them clean with the iCaddie towel.

Another great buying factor of the iCaddie in my mind is the ability to clean your ball efficiently. At some courses I am searching for a ball washer from hole to hole. We all know these can sometimes be on every hole or once or twice a round. I noticed last weekend that having the ability to clean my ball every hole helped out my putting game. I think I am going to take it to the next level and take the iCaddie to the green with me each hole too. I always find myself licking my fingers and trying to clean the ball off while waiting on other people. The iCaddie will help get my ball cleaner and provide smoother rolls to the cup. I hope this will help out with more Birdies!

All in all, I have really fallen in love with the iCaddie towel. It does have a bit of different look than most golf towels, but it does a much better job than any golf towel I have ever used too. If you are struggling with a wet, messy and smelly towel. I recommend checking out the iCaddie towel for your bag. I plan on hitting the course up on Friday for some more on the course testing.

Back