iCaddi Golf Towel Review Thread

Great stuff guys, loved the videos, pics and write ups. This towel really has me pondering.

Great stuff everyone! The pictures and videos are fantastic. I am loving reading about thus product. It seems like a winner so far.

I took the iCaddi out for it's first run on Sunday, the 2nd round of the MeadowWood Amature.
At first glance, I have to admit, I thought that this towel was a bit strange looking and the folding operation was a little weird.
But, I kept and open mind and tested it for the whole day. Here are two photos of mine, before heading to the course.

Folding instructions on the towel.
Foldinginstructions.jpg

Folded position ready to be wet and hung on the bag.
iCaddi.jpg

After 18 holes...and there will be more testing, my first review of the iCaddi towel is this.
The towel does a good job of cleaning balls. On cleaning clubs, I would have to say that more effort is required than I would like.
I did have to break out the brush to get the grooves clean, where as this is not required when using my THP towel.
The fact that with the iCaddi towel, I did not have the dripping water on my bag that I get from just a regular wet towel hung there, is a big plus.
The convoluted folding requirements for the towel is a minus.
I have not tried any of the other wet/dry style towels, so I cannot make that comparison.
More testing will be done on Friday and this weekend, and I will post more after those rounds.
I'm not sure that this towel will take the golf world by storm, but I am sure many people will like it.
At this time though, in all honesty, I don't think that I am one of those people.
But as they say....time will tell.

Last edited:
Great stuff DD. I love the silver over my orange. Good review.

Thanks for the video and pictures, chewie!

Played in scramble today and the rain was coming in sideways. I didn't put any water in the pockets and left everything dry. As the day went along, the bottom of the towel picked up moisture but the pockets stayed pretty dry. So I used the bottom portion of the towel to wipe down the clubs and the pockets to dry them. That worked pretty well till the both the pocket and the bottom were soaked.

Other observations:
-No issues w/ the green plastic dowels attaching to the bag. I looped them through one of the carabiners on my Callaway stand bag and the towel never slipped off.
-Wire brush does not get attached to the iCaddie like with other cotton towels. Very nice!!!

So far, so good w/ the iCaddie. I hope to use it later this week under "normal conditions" to test out whether the pockets stay wet over the course of a round .

Played in scramble today and the rain was coming in sideways. I didn't put any water in the pockets and left everything dry. As the day went along, the bottom of the towel picked up moisture but the pockets stayed pretty dry. So I used the bottom portion of the towel to wipe down the clubs and the pockets to dry them. That worked pretty well till the both the pocket and the bottom were soaked.

Other observations:
-No issues w/ the green plastic dowels attaching to the bag. I looped them through one of the carabiners on my Callaway stand bag and the towel never slipped off.
-Wire brush does not get attached to the iCaddie like with other cotton towels. Very nice!!!

So far, so good w/ the iCaddie. I hope to use it later this week under "normal conditions" to test out whether the pockets stay wet over the course of a round .

Glad to here the rain isn't a problem. Were you able to get the entire grip in the towel?

Glad to here the rain isn't a problem. Were you able to get the entire grip in the towel?

With the iCaddie folded in half I was not able to get the entire grip into the pocket. Probable was able to dry about 2/3 to 3/4 of the grip.

But now that I'm thinking about, it instead of folding in half, if you only pinned one corner you could have full access to the pocket.

Took the iCaddi out for a range session yesterday, and it again impressed me with how clean it got my clubs. I tend to leave a decent size divot with just about every iron I hit, and this thing got my clubs clean and ready for the next shot. It does not always get everything in the grooves, but I'm not sure I've ever had a towel that did. I still use a brush every now and then, but I don't have to as often as I did before.

Also, as one poster said earlier, my brush doesn't grab onto it like it does other towels. My club brush has torn up several of my towels. This towel does not attach itself to the brush like other towels do. That's just another plus for this towel.

I'm not sure how long it will take for this towel to wear out, but when it does, there's a good chance that I'll get another one if I can find them. I also want to thank THP for sending me an orange one. It goes great with all my Tennessee Vol gear.

I didnt get to go to the range yesterday due to the rain, but it looks like it has slowed down for today. I hope to make it out there this afternoon and with all the rain hopefully I will be able to get some mud on the club to test her out.

I went out to the range today to get ready for a golf trip this weekend. I used the iCaddi golf towel the whole range session and it did a great job. It stayed wet the whole 2 hours I was out there and did a great job cleaning my clubs after each set of balls I hit. I really like this towel a lot and think it is on the bag to stay. The only problem I have with it is the lanyard being to long. The towel tends to hang to the ground from my stand bag. I think it is not a bad length for a cart bag, but too long for a stand bag. Next time I go out I plan on folding it in the compact style to see how that works and see if that eliminates the issue. Here is a video from my iPhone at the range.

The iCaddi towel did an awesome job with my dirty wedge. Thanks iCaddi and THP for this great testing.

Recieved my ICaddie today, unfortunately I went straight from work to play 18 - so I´ll have to wait until friday to try it at the course. I´ll post some pics then and write about the experience. Thanks THP and Hydro effects inc. ("vatten" inc - which actually means Water in Swedish)

good video DMB....does it get the grooves clean at all or is it more of a surface cleaning?

I went out to the range today to get ready for a golf trip this weekend. I used the iCaddi golf towel the whole range session and it did a great job. It stayed wet the whole 2 hours I was out there and did a great job cleaning my clubs after each set of balls I hit. I really like this towel a lot and think it is on the bag to stay. The only problem I have with it is the lanyard being to long. The towel tends to hang to the ground from my stand bag. I think it is not a bad length for a cart bag, but too long for a stand bag. Next time I go out I plan on folding it in the compact style to see how that works and see if that eliminates the issue. Here is a video from my iPhone at the range.

The iCaddi towel did an awesome job with my dirty wedge. Thanks iCaddi and THP for this great testing.

good video DMB....does it get the grooves clean at all or is it more of a surface cleaning?

I feel like due to it being wet it cleans the grooves. If you used it as a dry towel it would not get down in to them.

---
- Tapatalkin

In my experience Hanks I haven't gotten it to clean my grooves but it does great on the surface. I haven't gotten the chance to play a full round with it. I will be Thursday to see if it gets both the grooves and the face.

Hey guys. Of course when I get this towel KC gets rain for about the first time all summer. I went to the range yesterday, but of course we had to hit off mats. I took some pictures of the towel pre and post folding. It is really actually pretty easy to get it folded once you do it one time. I am playing 18 today and will be back with a full review, but for now I am liking the towel with the little bit I have used it.

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

I am headed to league golf tonight. I am going to try to fold it the "B" method and see how it works. I think this way will give you a wet pocket and then a dry pocket. This could work out really great and keep the towel compact. I think I would love to have a compact towel, for some reason it bothers me to have a ton of stuff hanging of my bag. I will post later how it works out.

The testers have been doing an awesome job so far! The videos really help to clear any confusion about how to fold it.
This looks like a great product. I'm wondering though, does the towel require any extra care after the round to keep it from getting soured? IOW if you come back from a round and just leave it in the garage or trunk for a few days, will you have to wash it in bleach to kill the mildew smell?

The testers have been doing an awesome job so far! The videos really help to clear any confusion about how to fold it.
This looks like a great product. I'm wondering though, does the towel require any extra care after the round to keep it from getting soured? IOW if you come back from a round and just leave it in the garage or trunk for a few days, will you have to wash it in bleach to kill the mildew smell?

I would think so. Both times I have used it I have scrubbed it right after and then hung it out to dry. I figure if anything it will just make it hard as hell to get clean if you wait to clean it.

I have wondered the same thing. I am headed to a golf trip thus weekend. I don't think I will have the chance to clean and dry it at end of each day. I will post on Monday the results if it souring in the car.

---
- Tapatalkin

Hey guys. Of course when I get this towel KC gets rain for about the first time all summer. I went to the range yesterday, but of course we had to hit off mats. I took some pictures of the towel pre and post folding. It is really actually pretty easy to get it folded once you do it one time. I am playing 18 today and will be back with a full review, but for now I am liking the towel with the little bit I have used it.

Rain always seems to mess everything up! But we really needed it, and we're supposed to get more Thurday thru Saturday. Which is OK because I can't play again until Sunday! Look forward to hearing the results you get from this towel and I have been enjoying everyone elses comments. Doesn't sound like this is something I would try but you never know!

Rain always seems to mess everything up! But we really needed it, and we're supposed to get more Thurday thru Saturday. Which is OK because I can't play again until Sunday! Look forward to hearing the results you get from this towel and I have been enjoying everyone elses comments. Doesn't sound like this is something I would try but you never know!

I am playing today out at rockwood. A terrible course, but I have a buddy playing for his second time ever and so we needed an easier course that wont be so crowded. I hope that the course isn't too saturated, but I completely agree that we needed the rain.

I would think so. Both times I have used it I have scrubbed it right after and then hung it out to dry. I figure if anything it will just make it hard as hell to get clean if you wait to clean it.

I kinda figured it might, but was wondering if maybe it has some sort of antimicrobial properties to help out.

I have wondered the same thing. I am headed to a golf trip thus weekend. I don't think I will have the chance to clean and dry it at end of each day. I will post on Monday the results if it souring in the car.

---
- Tapatalkin

Thanks, I'll look forward to what you find out about that, can't stand the mildew smell.
Although if it is a problem putting 10% bleach water in the wet pocket in the first place would be a simple way to prevent that. haha

hello testers

this is mike from icaddi. thank you so much for testing our product and showing interest in our towel.
i can see that some of you have trouble with the folding method of our towel, i will be posting up a video on the thread soon regarding the method.
the instructions on the back of the towel suggests to pour water into the pocket but i personally like my towels to be some what drenched in water, so before your round open up the towel and wet the whole rubber portion of the towel and fold it into your desired postion "A" or "B".
our towel is treated with antimicrobial treatment so wont have to worry about mildew & smell as much as you would with your normal cotton towels majority of golfers use on the course right now. if you have any questions i would be more then happy to answer any of your questions, looking forward to hear more reviews on icaddi. thank you

Back