What ball did you play your last round and what did you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played a Vision for 9 today and a 330-RX for the other 9

Didn't care for the Vision ball too much. Felt hard off the driver and even worse off the putter. Liked the minimal roll out I got from it when it hit the green but getting it into the hole was meh and hitting it off the tee (specifically with the driver) was a big let down

The 3330RX was like an old friend after switching from the Vision today. Great feeling off the driver, awesome off the putter, and great results with the scoring irons and wedges

I thought the same thing. I was smiling ear to ear, and my buddie thought I had to of chunked my second shot to get there.

I will say its not a terribly uphill shot, the landing area is only 25-30 ft above the tee box.

Still... my current career long is 312 yards downhill, downwind. My longest uphill drive is 301 yards downwind

Penta was great and didn't lose any balls on the first round... second round was a different story think i lost 2. but i should have found both of them i dunno where they went saw both of them land right next to the green. pissed me off. anyway they really were spinning good this morning and plugging this afternoon when it was raining. love how these are on the greens and i hit them decent off the box.

Penta was great and didn't lose any balls on the first round... second round was a different story think i lost 2. but i should have found both of them i dunno where they went saw both of them land right next to the green. pissed me off. anyway they really were spinning good this morning and plugging this afternoon when it was raining. love how these are on the greens and i hit them decent off the box.

Dont you hate when that happens, i had a ball today that landed left center fairway and hopped just into the rough and it couldnt be found, its pretty bad when its so thick it could make a bowling ball disappear

Just tried out a Bridgestone e7. Wasn't really my cup of tea, as I'm already a low hitter with the driver. Luckily, the fairways were hard and the ball rolled forever. Didn't like it with the irons and wedges though. About an extra 3 yards of distance, but it was really hard to spin the ball back. Even full wedge shots were hop-and-stop at most with my 52º, compared to a usual 1-2 yard back-up. Wasn't too bad off the putter, a little hard, but not enough to really screw up my putting.

Srixon AD-333. Cheapie but does everything I want in a ball. Good distance off the tee and can get most iron shots to stop within a few feet (at most) on the green. About time to order more!!

Tappin' in support of Team Hackers!

Played a Titleist NXT that I found a previous round before. The ball rolled really well off the face of my putter and checked up pretty solid for the most part.

Played a Titleist NXT that I found a previous round before. The ball rolled really well off the face of my putter and checked up pretty solid for the most part.

I still game the B-330RX but I used to play the NXT tour, try that one out Martin and I believe you will like it better than the standard NXT.

I played a The Callaway HX Diablo Tour ball for most of the 9 holes I played today. It flew very straight, played well around the greens and putted very nicely. I think I like it better than the 2011 e6 I've been playing. Loved the old e6, not as crazy about this year's one. Plus the HXDT was a couple of bucks cheaper!

Played a Top Flite Gamer V2 for 8 holes and a Nike Crush for the rest of the round. I was hitting the Crush very long off the tee and putts felt ok. I was not as long with the V2 but it was not off by much.

Played the Bridgestone xfixx last round and got to say I was impressed. Probably no better or worse than any other 2 piece ball. It helped me with 2 things. Straighter shots off my irons and woods and I tend to hit short on my chips. I was closer to the pin more than my Penta or Tour iZ ball. Didn't have any roll off on approach shots was nice. Overall a very nice ball. Good wear as well. I'm off for 2 weeks after my shift today. I plan on taking advantage and getting some golf in.

Callaway tour iZ, stocked up on these this weekend, bought another one of the Bonus Packs that have 2 extra sleeves in them, i now have 3 dozen of them for the price of two. It does everything i want in a ball, keeps my hook in check off the tee, its very long for me, checks up great around the green and sticks on approach shots, feels great off the putter as well. I hit my longest drives of the year today with it, 2 high long draws that were a good 15-20 yards past where i normally am, i teed the ball lower today and i really think that helped in hitting the sweet spot more consistently.

Callaway tour iZ, stocked up on these this weekend, bought another one of the Bonus Packs that have 2 extra sleeves in them, i now have 3 dozen of them for the price of two. It does everything i want in a ball, keeps my hook in check off the tee, its very long for me, checks up great around the green and sticks on approach shots, feels great off the putter as well. I hit my longest drives of the year today with it, 2 high long draws that were a good 15-20 yards past where i normally am, i teed the ball lower today and i really think that helped in hitting the sweet spot more consistently.

I'm stocking up on this ball whenever I come across a deal as well (1st three dozen @ $60, 2nd three @$75). Incredibly long (I still say it hangs there another 3 seconds at the apex when every other ball starts their descent), magically straight (just as it seems to hang it also visibly looks like it is fighting to stay straight), full shots are easily controlled on the green, pitch shots have a nice check and release, putting is fine (little livelier than other balls maybe).

My one complaint is chipping. At least for me it seems to roll a lot more when chipping, almost like it has top spin on it from the start. It's kind of hard to explain to at least that's how it feels to me.

Great ball and I am done ball shopping. I HAVE FOUND MY PERMANENT BALL!!!

+2 on the i(z)....not as good for chips as the i(s) but good enough for me

I'm stocking up on this ball whenever I come across a deal as well (1st three dozen @ $60, 2nd three @$75). Incredibly long (I still say it hangs there another 3 seconds at the apex when every other ball starts their descent), magically straight (just as it seems to hang it also visibly looks like it is fighting to stay straight), full shots are easily controlled on the green, pitch shots have a nice check and release, putting is fine (little livelier than other balls maybe).

My one complaint is chipping. At least for me it seems to roll a lot more when chipping, almost like it has top spin on it from the start. It's kind of hard to explain to at least that's how it feels to me.

Great ball and I am done ball shopping. I HAVE FOUND MY PERMANENT BALL!!!

+2 on the i(z)....not as good for chips as the i(s) but good enough for me

I spin the iS way to much, for some reason i am spinning the ball way more than i did last year as i loved the iS last year but also really loved the iZ last year too, less spin off the tee the iZ gives me is priceless

this!!

I spin the iS way to much, for some reason i am spinning the ball way more than i did last year as i loved the iS last year but also really loved the iZ last year too, less spin off the tee the iZ gives me is priceless

bridgestone b330 RX tour. been using them past few rounds and im really liking them. good off the driver and decent control round the greens.

Bridgestone B330-RX. Thanks to the Blind Ball Testing, I have found my new ball. I love this ball. Personal best of a 76, and first ever Eagle today.

Bridgestone B330-RX. Thanks to the Blind Ball Testing, I have found my new ball. I love this ball. Personal best of a 76, and first ever Eagle today.

i was fitted for the Tour B330 and can honestly say ive never hit a single Bridgestone ball. how did you like it? how was the performance?

i was fitted for the Tour B330 and can honestly say ive never hit a single Bridgestone ball. how did you like it? how was the performance?

if you were fit for the B330 i doubt you would like the RX or the performance, the B330 is for higher SS and the RX is for like 105 and under

if you were fit for the B330 i doubt you would like the RX or the performance, the B330 is for higher SS and the RX is for like 105 and under

my swing speed was right at 108-110. thats lame cuz the blind ball testing got me excited to play the ball lol

my swing speed was right at 108-110. thats lame cuz the blind ball testing got me excited to play the ball lol

its very possible you could like it, never know until you try

Played the callaway tour i(s) for the first time today! I was very impressed! Iv been struggling on ball choice for a while now! It felt great off the iron face and was long off the driver bigger than the 330s I have been playing! It was blowing a gale today an I found the ball cut through the wind very well! Only issue I had with this ball was off the putter face (insert) I was leaving slot of puts short but I will get used to this I
Sure!

the infamous E6 that I managed to play for 4 rounds disappeared this weekend into a first cut of rough.

So back to the Penta, love this ball, chipped in for eagle with it during a scramble

As big of a Srixon fan that I am, I tested the Nike 20XI-X & TM Penta against the Z-Star yesterday. Distance seemed close, with the Penta being slightly longer but had more sidespin. The Nike seemed better all around but the Srixons roll so true on the greens its hard for me to pull away from em.

*Spin em long*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back