What ball did you play your last round and what did you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
HX Diablo Tour yesterday. Loved it, especially for the price.

Played the Nike PD Soft yesterday while testing out the Boccieri Heavy 3 wood.
Got a few free sleeves from a buddy that works at a sporting goods store.
Not a bad ball at all. Held the greens pretty well with my iron shots and felt OK off the tee. Felt pretty good off the putter too.

Played the Nike PD Soft yesterday while testing out the Boccieri Heavy 3 wood.
Got a few free sleeves from a buddy that works at a sporting goods store.
Not a bad ball at all. Held the greens pretty well with my iron shots and felt OK off the tee. Felt pretty good off the putter too.

That used to be the only ball I played. Worked well for me for a long while. Still pick up a box every now and then.

I played a Nike One Tour D the other day. Had a sleeve a friend gave to me a while ago, thought I'd try it out. I was pretty impressed actually. Felt nice off the driver, and reacted pretty well on the greens. I'll give it another outing, as I'm sure I could get a bargain on these at the moment if I fancy them.

I gave the TM Burner Tours another shot today. In the past I wasn't impressed. But I played pretty well with them. They felt good off the driver, and I got pretty good decent length with it. I was striking my irons well, they were straight but they felt a little short, I felt like I was losing 5 yards with them, but it could have been the wet conditions. I putted really well today. I'm not sure if it was the ball, the T.P. Mills putter I'm demoing, or just a great day with the flatstick. But my putting was Great.

The loss of distance on the irons is a litle concerning, but overall I liked the ball alot better than I did last time.

Callaway Tour i(Z). I tied a best ever 78. I drove the ball better than any round in my life with the only lost ball being because I hit it dead straight but through a dogleg.

If I could I'd buy up every ball on the planet and selfishly keep this amazing ball all to myself.

I played the Bridgestone 330 RXS. It's the last of my tour of 'testing balls.' I've tried out most 'high end' 'tour caliber' balls this year. Last week I was playing the 330-s, and everything about it was pretty good, except hitting it with the driver. It ballooned off the driver for whatever reason. So, I was losing about 15 yards per drive.

The 330 RXS is not ballooning. I need a few rounds before I decide what I think about its spin and touch around the green.

I played the Nike One Tour. I love how these feel off the tee, I do not slice them as much and they are soft around the green.

2nd round with the Bridgestone xfixx. Rolled off the back side once. It was a bit long so I can't complain to much. I just am in love with this ball. Putts well. Chips well. Long off the fairway. Love it! Oh and I broke 90 for the first time ever!

I played the Nike PD Soft the last 18 holes or so. I guess I liked it pretty well, I shot 41 on both nines.

Think I am playing this one for a while. Sorry Srixon.

Might be going out for a round today against doctors recommendations just because I need to escape from things...Bringing a sleeve of Z star XVs and Bridgestone B330s. Ill let you guys know how they play.

Nike 20xi s... found my ball, wow

I tapatalk better then I tapaputt

Eh... got a free sleeve of Bridgestone e5 at the course today, played 'em through nine. Actually had really great spin, almost as much as a B330-RXS. Since I'm a fairly low ball hitter, except on the wedges, I saw some nice distance increase, because of the ideal mid-high trajectory I was getting. Off the wedges, oh boy. Even though it wasn't spinning as much as a tour ball on pitches and 3/4 swings, it spun at least as much as a B330-S on full shots. The ball just flew sky-high, and came back and spun back around 3 yards with my 56º. When I walked up to the ball mark, it was almost 2 inches deep! (Obviously fixed it, though)

I got fit last Friday for b330. Right after the fitting played a round of 75 (+4) and the very next day it was 80. Will see how it will go further, so far i'm pretty happy:)

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

I am still playing with Penta but will be trying W/S FG tour balls soon

yesterday i started with a srixon z-star and finished with an nxt extreme

Vision 808 Prototype

Vision x3.. good all around ball but I'm a Nike fan

MattyCaulk Approved!

Playing with Penta.

Srixon QStar (Yellow)

callaway diablo hx tour something or other... it lasted the whole round and was pretty good from tee to green

Experimented with Yellow Q Stars and V1x's. I like the Q's off the tee and don't think twice about losing them. However, when I buy more, I'll stick with white. I like how the yellow looks but they can be hard to find in the rough at certain times during the day. I did find myself liking the V1x's significantly better for green bite and putting, but the Q Star grew on me when putting throughout the round.

I think part of the glaring difference was due to some evil pin placements, so the V1x's increased bite was very helpful. We either played right after a tournament or the grounds keeper had sinister plans.

Played the Q-star tonight and broke 80 for the first time ever (shot 79). It flew nice and straight off the tee even in the strong wind we had today, and several full wedges and even a seven iron backed up a couple feet after hitting the green. The only thing I am not liking about them is putting. They feel a lot harder off the putter than the Z-star's I am used to. Other than that they are great.

Nike PD Soft. Didn't score well today but I still love hitting this thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back