What Golf Stuff Did You Buy Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice! very sweet purchase. IMO, the TP's are very similar to the RXT's in size and shape. I think you'll like them, and if you struggle a bit with the longer irons........combo set baby!!!

Can I do a combo with my old R9s and then TPs? I sorta hope they are similar to RXTs. I have hit those and like them.

Can I do a combo with my old R9s and then TPs? I sorta hope they are similar to RXTs. I have hit those and like them.

Sure you can. I saw a combo set for sale on ebay (Left Handed). The guy had the 4/5/6 irons in the R9 and the 7-PW were the TP's. Granted, you might not have to do that but if you struggled with the longer irons, it's a nice option to have. Seriously, very similar to the RXT's dude. THe TP's are a hair larger and a hair thicker but to me, they play very similarly. I just prefer the RXT's a bit in the finish/looks department.

Sure you can. I saw a combo set for sale on ebay (Left Handed). The guy had the 4/5/6 irons in the R9 and the 7-PW were the TP's. Granted, you might not have to do that but if you struggled with the longer irons, it's a nice option to have. Seriously, very similar to the RXT's dude. THe TP's are a hair larger and a hair thicker but to me, they play very similarly. I just prefer the RXT's a bit in the finish/looks department.

I really do like the looks of the RXTs and even checked them out on ebay. I just couldn't drop that kind of money on a set right now. I figured the R9 TPs could achieve the same goal and if I can get $300 out of my R9s, I almost come out even.

Purchased an .335 TM sleeve so I can throw it on the Nunchuk shaft and test in the supertri.

I really do like the looks of the RXTs and even checked them out on ebay. I just couldn't drop that kind of money on a set right now. I figured the R9 TPs could achieve the same goal and if I can get $300 out of my R9s, I almost come out even.

You should come out even dude. I bet the R9's sell in the Market place fairly easily bro. Good buy for you!

Purchased an .335 TM sleeve so I can throw it on the Nunchuk shaft and test in the supertri.

I'm in need of one too bro. Where did you purchase from?

You should come out even dude. I bet the R9's sell in the Market place fairly easily bro. Good buy for you!

Thanks dude. I am pretty stoked too.

Went el cheapo and found two Lynx Hybrids (3 and 4). 29 bucks each, closeout at Golfsmith. Went and hit them. Not bad. My first foray into a hybrid club.

Sweet! Thanks man!

no problem buddy. While I prefer my RH driver to the Supertri, it's 200x easier to glue a sleeve on and throw it in the supertri to test. If i like the shaft a lot I would throw it in the RH.

Thanks ddec, sleeve ordered. I was trying to get one locally with little luck.

Thanks ddec, sleeve ordered. I was trying to get one locally with little luck.

I tried that last night myself, but had no luck. So I just decided to order it today.

Yeah, they sure are nice to have for shaft testing dude. I'm so keen to try this nunchuk it's sickening. What length are you going to play yours at?

Yeah, they sure are nice to have for shaft testing dude. I'm so keen to try this nunchuk it's sickening. What length are you going to play yours at?

not really sure yet. I thought about doing some different things. 1st I thought about throwing it in my DXI 3 wood, since the site says it's good for driver, fairway, or hybrid. Now I'm planning on using it in the driver first. Maybe 46 to start since that's what my RH is. I could always cut it down from there. Still have to research it a little more though. Tracking says it will be here Friday.

not really sure yet. I thought about doing some different things. 1st I thought about throwing it in my DXI 3 wood, since the site says it's good for driver, fairway, or hybrid. Now I'm planning on using it in the driver first. Maybe 46 to start since that's what my RH is. I could always cut it down from there. Still have to research it a little more though. Tracking says it will be here Friday.

Dude, Nunchuk will recommend that you play that shaft at 44'' (no longer) with the driver. Just food for thought.

Dude, Nunchuk will recommend that you play that shaft at 44'' (no longer) with the driver. Just food for thought.

that's the stuff I need to know! I really haven't researched them at all.

that's the stuff I need to know! I really haven't researched them at all.

As well as you hit your RH, i'd love to see you test this in your DXI dude.

As well as you hit your RH, i'd love to see you test this in your DXI dude.

it's an option for sure. The weight kind of scares me though.

it's an option for sure. The weight kind of scares me though.

Just pretend you're me, you'll be fine. And nerfny would love that!

2 adidas shirt from GG. they were on sale and i had a $10 off rewards coupon.

Just pretend you're me, you'll be fine. And nerfny would love that!

TC why don't we move over to the Nunchuck thread and we can discuss more?

She loves when I talk southern drunk

TC why don't we move over to the Nunchuck thread and we can discuss more?

She loves when I talk southern drunk

Good point.

More shafting beads
More brass shims
New TM adapter ferrule

5-PW KBS C-Taper's in Stiff trimmed, prepped, and spined. Paid more than first anticipated but its because I went with a trusted guy I've used before instead of the cheapest deal (Willy @ Pro_Stix, talked for about 20 minutes to fit em up). Cannot wait.

Oh, and an extra iron shaft for a new toy I got for a steal...hehehehe...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back