What are you reading?

Just ordered Caddy for Life off Amazon.

Just finished God No! by Penn Jillette. Very interesting read.

The Blind Side. I have seen the movie a couple times, but never got around to reading the book.

Just finished God No! by Penn Jillette. Very interesting read.

what did you think of it? I want to read it so a review would be cool....

BulldogsGolf

Just finished reading The Lincoln Lawyer, any suggestions for my next read?

Just finished reading The Lincoln Lawyer, any suggestions for my next read?

Start at the top of the list. Great hard boiled detective fiction.

Author James Lee Burke

The Dave Robicheaux Novels

The Neon Rain (1987)
Heaven's Prisoners (1988)
Black Cherry Blues (1989)
A Morning for Flamingos (1990)
A Stained White Radiance (1992)
In the Electric Mist with Confederate Dead (1993)
Dixie City Jam (1994)
Burning Angel (1995)
Cadillac Jukebox (1996)
Sunset Limited (1998)
Purple Cane Road (2000)
Jolie Blon's Bounce (2002)
Last Car to Elysian Fields (2003)
Crusader's Cross (2005)
Pegasus Descending (2006)
The Tin Roof Blowdown (2007)
Swan Peak (2008)
The Glass Rainbow (2010)

Kevin

what did you think of it? I want to read it so a review would be cool....

BulldogsGolf

I thought it was good, he goes into a lot of personal stories that I found interesting and heart felt. A lot of times it felt more like a memoir than a book about religion, but his stories were captivating. I liked his stories about sharing a first non-kosher meal with a ex-Jew upon his request, his experience with weightlessness in a 'vomit comet', and his story about his run in with the TSA. He made me second guess my religious beliefs (I am agnostic), and solidified my political libertarian beliefs even more. I gained a lot of religious insight from the book, one of the ideas that stuck with me the most was the idea that if our current understanding of science and religion were completely erased from the planet, they would both eventually reappear. But when they would reappear, science would be the same as we know now but religion would be different.

That's interesting RT. Any suggestions of books like it? The God Delusion aside, already am going to read that....

That's interesting RT. Any suggestions of books like it? The God Delusion aside, already am going to read that....

I normally don't delve into religion a lot, I'm more of a politics guy. Jillette talks about Dawkins a lot so The God Delusion would be a solid read I'd assume. I have never read it though.

Got my copy of Caddy for Life today. I'll start reading it tomorrow.

I'm a huge fan of Richard Marcinko, really enjoy his books. Tom Clancy is great two. Haven't read much other than my college course books, they keep me busy reading.

Just Finished read sir Gawain and the green knight. Not by choice but for my British lit class

Just downloaded "The art of racing in the rain", "A course Called Ireland" and "Golf's Sacred Journey: Seven Days at the Links of Utopia". Started Racing in the Rain this morning and immediately got sucked into the story.

I am about 60 pages into "Caddy for Life" and wish I had more reading time.

Picked Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand today based on some friends recommendations. Starting it tonight...

Just started reading Andre Agassi's Open: An Autobiography. I'm up to the point he turned pro. Really interesting so far.

Just started reading Zen Golf. So far its a great book about the mental side of golf and I feel like implementing some of the practices Ive read in the book seem to be helping me to get myself out of my own way.
On Tuesday I shot a 25 on a local par 3 course. Its been a long time since I had that much confidence in my swing and was able to swing so freely and easily.

Start this one tonight:

200px-Into_Thin_Air.jpg

Seven days at utopia

Just ordered Easier Said than Done by Dr. Jensen

Start this one tonight:

200px-Into_Thin_Air.jpg

Good book. When you're done with that, try Krakauer's Under the Banner of Heaven. That one will freak you out, man.

Kevin

Good book. When you're done with that, try Krakauer's Under the Banner of Heaven. That one will freak you out, man.

Kevin

I might check that out next time. Thanks. 'Into Thin Air' was a colossal fiasco!

Just finished:

the-reversal-by-michael-connelly.jpg

Very good. It was better than 'The Lincoln Lawyer", IMO.

Tonight I begin:

1000476358_LG.jpg

Back