Boccieri Heavy Fairway Wood Testers Thread

Serious question for anybody reading this thread thats not commenting, if this was a Taylormade, Ping, Nike, etc would you be more interested in this club and asking questions? This is in no way a hey I want somebody to tell me good review or something like that, im just curious if the name on the club is having a affect on your interest.

I've only commented a few times and I would have to answer that with a yes. I have nothing against Boccieri Heavy Woods, and I'm trying my best to stay interested because it sounds great, but I think it's just human nature to sort of write off a product from a little-known brand.

If I hadn't just gotten a new wood, I would try this one out for sure though.

I wish golf was as easy as Tapatalk.

I've only commented a few times and I would have to answer that with a yes. I have nothing against Boccieri Heavy Woods, and I'm trying my best to stay interested because it sounds great, but I think it's just human nature to sort of write off a product from a little-known brand.

Thanks for the honest answer D, I was just really curious what others were thinking about this club since its not a major OEM.

I think you are right about the human nature thing, I know I'm guilty of doing the same. I think the other part is advertising, and image. Many people want to play the same clubs as their favorite tour player. Although that's impossible (imo) because they don't exactly buy their clubs off the rack, but at least we can have clubs that look the same and have the same name.

I think you are right about the human nature thing, I know I'm guilty of doing the same. I think the other part is advertising, and image. Many people want to play the same clubs as their favorite tour player. Although that's impossible (imo) because they don't exactly buy their clubs off the rack, but at least we can have clubs that look the same and have the same name.

Great post BBB, Im also guilty of this in the past, I dont really do it nearly as much now as I did. This club has opened my eyes even more, just because its not a major OEM doesnt mean its going to perform any less.

Great post BBB, Im also guilty of this in the past, I dont really do it nearly as much now as I did. This club has opened my eyes even more, just because its not a major OEM doesnt mean its going to perform any less.

Agreed 110%. The Boccieri is right up there with, if not beyond some of, the big name oem golf companies.

Still no laptop so bare with me. Illn have a full detailed writeup of my club usage on tues but I just wanted to say this club saved me yesterday. I suddenly was hooking mydriver off of the tee yesterday in our tourney and on hole 13 decided ton play boccierir off of the tee the rest of the way out. Ii finished 5 strokes better on the back 9, and should have been 9 strokes better but I slapped a few wedges all over the place.

I was able to get a lower ball flight which was great on our fast fairways, and while I had 2 penalty strokes off of the tee with my driver, I had none with this 3w. I also didn't. Experience the slice issue I had run into before, if anything it was a slight draw.

Ill report back in detail tues

Still no laptop so bare with me. Illn have a full detailed writeup of my club usage on tues but I just wanted to say this club saved me yesterday. I suddenly was hooking mydriver off of the tee yesterday in our tourney and on hole 13 decided ton play boccierir off of the tee the rest of the way out. Ii finished 5 strokes better on the back 9, and should have been 9 strokes better but I slapped a few wedges all over the place.

I was able to get a lower ball flight which was great on our fast fairways, and while I had 2 penalty strokes off of the tee with my driver, I had none with this 3w. I also didn't. Experience the slice issue I had run into before, if anything it was a slight draw.

Thats awesome MD, crazy that the HW has made me fade the ball instead of my normal draw/hook and made you draw the ball instead of your POWER FADE hehe. Looking forward to your tuesday writeup

I bet that lower ball flight on a fast fairway is nice! What kind of rollout of the ball are you seeing? I have seen some nice rollout down here, and the fairways have been fairly wet. Really excited to get some drier weather to see what kind of distance I get with this club once I can get a true rollout on dry fairways.

Glad to hear it's working for your game. It's nice to have a fairway wood you have confidence in.

Playing again in the morning, I will update after my 9 holes and hopefully playing 18 again by next weekend. I am going to do some more work on the range with those heel shots to see if I get the same outcome. I am also going to try altering the trajectory lower/mid/higher, I dont work the ball allot side to side but I like bringing shots in higher or lower, should be fun!

Hey all im just wondering if there is anything you would like me to test out or try with the Heavy Wood tomorrow, if your wondering how it works from a certain lie, type of shot, etc let me know and I will try it out on course and let you know how it goes in my review after my round. Also if there is anything you would like to see on video let me know, I will do my best to get a shot of it, remember I do use my phone so I dont just wanna throw it down on some wet grass etc lol.

I wish I had something specific but my main question is off the tee box as that is what 90% of my 3W shots are. You guys have already answered that for me. I'll think of something though. I have to say this has been one of my favorite testing threads. :cake:

Hey all im just wondering if there is anything you would like me to test out or try with the Heavy Wood tomorrow, if your wondering how it works from a certain lie, type of shot, etc let me know and I will try it out on course and let you know how it goes in my review after my round. Also if there is anything you would like to see on video let me know, I will do my best to get a shot of it, remember I do use my phone so I dont just wanna throw it down on some wet grass etc lol.

I wish you had gotten a three wood so you could use it off the tee more often than you will with a five. How about some tee shots anyway? How quick can it get the ball up so you can clear trees? One of my favorite shots with my fairway woods is when I am in another fairway and have trees to get over. I sometimes have to drop down to irons to get it done, but being able to clear trees with a FW is quite satisfying to me.

I wish I had something specific but my main question is off the tee box as that is what 90% of my 3W shots are. You guys have already answered that for me. I'll think of something though. I have to say this has been one of my favorite testing threads. :cake:
Im up for trying anything dude, would love to try some shots
I wish you had gotten a three wood so you could use it off the tee more often than you will with a five. How about some tee shots anyway? How quick can it get the ball up so you can clear trees? One of my favorite shots with my fairway woods is when I am in another fairway and have trees to get over. I sometimes have to drop down to irons to get it done, but being able to clear trees with a FW is quite satisfying to me.

I actually use the 5 wood more off the tee at my home course than my 3 wood. It gets the ball up very quick then it flattens out and drops at a very steep angle, it lands so soft on the green. There should be no problem clearing trees, at least with the 5 wood. I will get on the range tomorrow on the side with the trees and I will start from no way of getting over and work my way back to see the exact point of when I can get over the tree.

Quick question before I head out in the morning to hopefully get a new hybrid. How consistant is this club? I'm looking for a hybrid that's really consistant in the distance/ball flight because I found that it wasn't that way with the Razr X. Anyways, I'd like to try the Boccieri Hybrid, so I figured that if this is consistant, then the hybrid would be as well. Thanks in advance guys!

Nice update 10yard! Great videos.

Quick question before I head out in the morning to hopefully get a new hybrid. How consistant is this club? I'm looking for a hybrid that's really consistant in the distance/ball flight because I found that it wasn't that way with the Razr X. Anyways, I'd like to try the Boccieri Hybrid, so I figured that if this is consistant, then the hybrid would be as well. Thanks in advance guys!
I cant answer that, I havent had the chance to test out the hybrid, if its anything like the Heavy Wood it has to be great
Nice update 10yard! Great videos.

Thanks ghsace

I cant answer that, I havent had the chance to test out the hybrid, if its anything like the Heavy Wood it has to be great

I second that emotion!

As soon as the sun comes up I'm off to spend a little time on the range hitting from something akin to rough. Also, while I don't consider it official until I play a round with it, my Callaway X 3fw is now out of my bag replaced by the BGHW. I just have such a smooth, nice tempo swing with the BGHW. Hitting my Callaway feels like swinging a soft string of spaghetti!

Hey everybody I just got back from the course and it was packed, they were having some kind of cook out/scramble so the range was packed full and the course. I only hit 5 balls on the range then went to the tee box. I couldn't take any pics or videos today as I didn't want to hold up play even more. I'm going back this afternoon if possible, Smallville if the range is empty like it usually is when I go back I will do that little test to see the distance it takes before I can clear the trees.

Today was allot cooler and I loved it, when I teed off it was 56* with a 15-20mph head wind out of the north. I ended up shooting a +5 40 which I was happy with because I was striking the ball awesome today and with it gusting to over 30mph it was tough out there. I had a AHA moment on the second hole with my swing, I draw/hook all my long clubs and cant draw my irons worth crap, maybe 1 out of 10-15 shots, well on the backswing for some odd reason I wasn't rotating my forearms like you should, I was only setting my wrist, once I started doing that I was hitting perfectly straight shots with my long clubs and even hit a couple draws with my 7 iron.

I hit 3 shots with the Heavy Wood today and all of them were pretty good.

Shot 1- Dogleg left Par 4 295 yards and I had that strong wind at my back assisting me, at this time it was blowing close to 30mph. I pulled the Heavy Wood out of the bag and hit a perfectly straight HIGH trajectory ball that got up in that wind and just went, this was a BOMB from riding the wind, this tee shot went over the trees over the dogleg and rolled just short of the front green side bunker, I just crushed this shot and the Heavy Wood did exactly what I wanted, it got the ball up fast, was straight, and had roll out. I hit a open SW to 5 foot and made birdie on this hole, only one of the day.

Shot 2- Par 3 200 yards and the strong wind was coming from the right, it was a right to left wind and the pin was tucked behind the front right green side bunker, you really needed a fade against the wind to get anywhere close. I hit a mid/high ball that got ate up by the wind, it was heading to the front right of the green but got pushed all the way over to the left fringe, this was a straight shot again as well. I hit a 50* ft bump and run that almost went in but I tapped in for par.

Shot 3- Par 5 just under 500 yards and straight, it has a creek running down the entire left side and a big bunker and tree on the right side and a very big hill thats about 10 foot tall and steep, again the wind was a right to left wind so my draw would do damage on this hole, after my AHA moment I was hitting everything straight so I pulled driver and aimed down the right side into the wind and hit a great shot that was a mid trajectory and left me right at 220 yards out, I got some decent roll out of this drive as well. I pulled the Heavy Wood on my 2nd shot, the pin was a front pin today and its right on a slop so anything short runs off the front of the green, I hit another high straight ball that hit back left of the green and trickled off the back, I was very pleased with this shot given the conditions, I duffed my 3rd shot and put my 4th off the front of the green:banghead: I 2 putted from there for bogey.

Still very pleased with the Heavy Wood and very glad I was given the chance to test this out, Thanks Boccieri Golf and THP, it has really opened my eyes even more to non major OEM's:drinks:

I can't speak for others, but I have no problem clearing trees with the heavy 3w, unless they are impossibly close.

Edit: this gave me an idea because I have always just eyeballed it when deciding whether or not I can clear any trees ahead. I'm going to try to remember to laser the distance on the shots that I know can clear them, and from shots where I know I can't. maybe that would be a lot more useful information.

Last edited:

I have never hit the hybrid, but consistent, steady, reliable, are all words I have used in this thread to describe the Boccieri 3w. I think that's been the general consensus among the other testers as well. I can say though, that from what I have seen from the heavy 3w, I would definitely be interested in trying all the other clubs offered by Boccieri.

Thanks for the update 10yd. I didn't play yesterday, had some other issues to take care of, but I did manage to sneak out to the range and the conditions were much like they were for you. I'll pull my thoughts about together and post an update soon.

Still very pleased with the Heavy Wood and very glad I was given the chance to test this out, Thanks Boccieri Golf and THP, it has really opened my eyes even more to non major OEM's:drinks:

+1000 couldn't agree more!

Thanks for the update 10yd. I didn't play yesterday, had some other issues to take care of, but I did manage to sneak out to the range and the conditions were much like they were for you. I'll pull my thoughts about together and post an update soon.

+1000 couldn't agree more!

I love this type of weather, I could only wish for little to no wind though lol. Im hoping I can get back out this afternoon to play another 9, its going to be tough leaving with the PGA on tv though, what a great tourney. Next range session im going to work on those heel shots again and get the distance I have to be back to clear the trees, it gets up quick so its pretty easy to be close and still get it up in time, my guess would be about 15-20 yards maybe depending on the tree of course

I love this type of weather, I could only wish for little to no wind though lol. Im hoping I can get back out this afternoon to play another 9, its going to be tough leaving with the PGA on tv though, what a great tourney. Next range session im going to work on those heel shots again and get the distance I have to be back to clear the trees, it gets up quick so its pretty easy to be close and still get it up in time, my guess would be about 15-20 yards maybe depending on the tree of course

I like the cooler weather in general, but not so much for golf. I hit several thin shots with my irons at the range last night and those felt like I was hitting rocks with a cracked board. lol

I like the cooler weather in general, but not so much for golf. I hit several thin shots with my irons at the range last night and those felt like I was hitting rocks with a cracked board. lol

ya thats the only down side, dont hit thin and you wont have to worry about it hehe. It sounds like we should try the hybrid if we get a chance, Hawk (or was it hanks?) peeked my interest in it saying how good it was.

Heading back out to the course in about 30 minutes, hope its cleared out some

Back