Boccieri Heavy Fairway Wood Testers Thread

10YardDraw

Ex Club Ho
Reaction score
Handicap
Slow Play!
I PM'ed JB and since he is busy with the Morgan Cup this is the thread that will be used for the Boccieri Heavy Wood. Thanks Everybody

First Impressions/Unboxing Pics

First Impressions/Unboxing Pics

Hey everybody I came home from work today and had a surprise waiting for me on the porch, yes indeed it was the Boccieri Heavy 5 Wood. First impressions are great, it looks good and feels even better in your hands. I was seriously shocked at the weight of this, I'm not sure "Heavy" is the correct name for these, the putters yes, the fairway woods no. I dont have a way to accurately compare the weight between my current fairway wood but IMO it does not feel to be allot heavier, it might be because it is so well balanced that is doesn't feel that much different but i like it.

Lets talk about looks for a minute, I think the black crown with the green alignment arrow looks good. The sole is SHINY, it looks stunning at the moment when its new but my only concern with it is that its going to show wear allot quicker than normal, only time will tell though. The shaft matches the head and grip perfect, green and black with a little white mixed in, all in all the colors go well together.

The stock shaft is the Aldila NVS 75-Stiff, stock grip is your normal tour velvet. I really like the headcover as well, it has a zipper but doesn't feel like it would scratch the paint if you ever rubbed the head against it. I am playing 18 in the morning with a fellow THP'er (Hitman) so i will have my first review tomorrow, I'm also gonna let him hit it and see what he thinks. I just wanted to say a big thank you to THP and Boccieri for this opportunity, the whole back weighting technology interest me greatly so I'm very excited to test this fairway wood. I know im probably forgetting something but if you have any questions i will do my best to answer them, will know allot more after tomorrow's round.
Now the good stuff, enjoy the Pics!!!:D
BoccieriBox.jpg

BoccieriBoxLabel.jpg

BoccieriUnboxing.jpg

BoccieriHeavyFairwayCrown.jpg

BoccieriHeavyFairwayDownTheShaft.jpg

BoccieriHeavyFairwaySole.jpg

BoccieriHeavyFairwayFace.jpg

BoccieriHeavyFairwayWood.jpg

BoccieriHeavyFairwayWoodHeadcover.jpg

BoccieriHeavyFairwayWoodHeadcover2.jpg

BoccieriHeavyFairwayDownTheShaft2.jpg

I have a short little video with a better look at it, its from my Iphone so please forgive me for the quality. Thanks all

Nice start there 10YD! I can't wait to get mine... interesting to read that it doesn't feel all that heavy. I was wondering all about that too, considering the driver I just got is ridiculously light I am nervous the Heavy FW would be hard to swing in comparison. But I'm thinking you're right its about the balance. Hopefully mine arrives today too, I've got league on Monday night!

Nice start there 10YD! I can't wait to get mine... interesting to read that it doesn't feel all that heavy. I was wondering all about that too, considering the driver I just got is ridiculously light I am nervous the Heavy FW would be hard to swing in comparison. But I'm thinking you're right its about the balance. Hopefully mine arrives today too, I've got league on Monday night!

Thanks Spiff, it doesnt feel "Heavy" at all, it has a little heft to it but its very well ballanced so i think that is why i cant say it feels that much heavier than my 910F.
Edit: I forgot to add that this fairway wood sits a little open which is GREAT for me since im a hooker, just looking at it i would say 0.5 to 1* open from my experience with adjustable clubs and seeing many different face angles.

Looking forward to the reviews as I am in the market for a new fairway wood. I'm intrigued with these so I'm holding off purchasing a new fairway wood till reviews start rolling in.

UPS hasnt come by here yet today, still hoping!

Great write up 10yard, good pics as well! Cant wait to get this in hand!

That is on good looking wood there. It isnt to flashy and distracting, just enough to bring the club together

UPS hasnt come by here yet today, still hoping!

Great write up 10yard, good pics as well! Cant wait to get this in hand!
Thanks WE, mine came FedEx so dont be looking out for the men in brown hehe
That is on good looking wood there. It isnt to flashy and distracting, just enough to bring the club together

I agree, not to flashy at all, it looks great in person

Thanks WE, mine came FedEx so dont be looking out for the men in brown hehe

I agree, not to flashy at all, it looks great in person

LOL. I will be looking for FedEx as well.

Congrats 10yd for getting to post the first pics and initial thoughts! Good pics too, btw. I was thinking about going up north for the weekend because I was thinking it wouldn't be until early next week, but I'll postpone the trip, since it looks like it could be any day now.

The static weight ought to be a bit more, but you're right that the counter balancing of the back weight should make it so it doesn't "feel" heavy when you swing it. Just the opposite of how Cleveland took a lighter club and made it not "feel" ultralight when you swing it. Can't wait to get it hand to see how they compare/contrast.

The static weight ought to be a bit more, but you're right that the counter balancing of the back weight should make it so it doesn't "feel" heavy when you swing it. Just the opposite of how Cleveland took a lighter club and made it not "feel" ultralight when you swing it. Can't wait to get it hand to see how they compare/contrast.

I think you will like it, it feels great in hand. Im excited to play in the morning, there are a couple 200 yard par 3's and 2nd shots into par 5's ill be using this on.

so I received mine as well, Im not going to mess with pics since 10yard has the same club and my camera is now MIA

First thoughts, the club feels very "solid". Not sure how to describe it, I was expecting something "heavy" but that isnt the case. Its not light like my crazy 2.0 driver, but it doesnt feel like im swiging a brick...if this makes any sense, its somewhere in between.

I like the black crown and really appreciate the green alignment arrow, as I need all of the help I can get. The few practice swings I was able to take before dark left me wanting to see how it performs immediately. The green and black shaft (with a little white sprinkled in) gives the club from top to bottom a nice looking "flow"

I have a round in the AM which may or may not be a tourney. If its not, I'll give this a few whacks and report back, if it is, then I will holdoff until I can get to the range.

I will say Im really excited to see how I hit this. Ive been hitting my current 3W pretty solid lately (had a tape measure 260 yd drive down the pipe with one today), but I havent really hit too many other 3 woods out there and am eager to give this one a whirl.

so I received mine as well, Im nto going to mess with pics since 10yard has the same club.

First thoughts, the club feels very "solid". Not sure how to describe it, I was expecting something "heavy" but that isnt the case. Its not light like my crazy 2.0 driver, but it doesnt feel like im swiging a brick...if this makes any sense, its somewhere in between.

I like the black crown and really appreciate the green alignment arrow, as I need all of the help I can get. The few practice swings I was able to take before dark left me wanting to see how it performs immediately. The green and black shaft (with a little white sprinkled in) gives the club from top to bottom a nice looking "flow"

I have a round in the AM which may or may not be a tourney. If its not, I'll give this a few whacks and report back, if it is, then I will holdoff until I can get to the range.

I will say Im really excited to see how I hit this. Ive been hitting my current 3W pretty solid lately (had a tape measure 260 yd drive down the pipe with one today), but I havent really hit too many other 3 woods out there and am eager to give this one a whirl.

Nice, cant wait to hear how it performs for you

yeah my neighbor was trying to borrow it from me to hit it tomorrow before me, he said he would do the writeup lol

I passed

Nice initial write up and pics there 10yard! I find it interesting that you both say it doesn't feel as heavy as you were expecting. I am on pins and needles now waiting for mine to show up.

yeah my neighbor was trying to borrow it from me to hit it tomorrow before me, he said he would do the writeup lol

I passed

lol ya i dont think so. Im gonna see if Hitman wants to give it some hits tomorrow on the range before our round, maybe he can chime in and give his thoughts if he hits it. Im excited to try it, i really like the feel in hands.

I passed

I know what you mean! I have two of my golfing buddies already asking to hit mine when it come in.

Im also anxious to see how I hit the slightly open face since everyone knows I have a well documented "power fade" which has already forced me to put the driver in time out

lol ya i dont think so. Im gonna see if Hitman wants to give it some hits tomorrow on the range before our round, maybe he can chime in and give his thoughts if he hits it. Im excited to try it, i really like the feel in hands.

oh yeah it felt good for sure, my wife just laughed cause I was outside with my neighbor swinging it in the dark lol

Nice initial write up and pics there 10yard! I find it interesting that you both say it doesn't feel as heavy as you were expecting. I am on pins and needles now waiting for mine to show up.

thanks RW, well with the name being "Heavy" i wa expecting a significant difference but that just isnt the case IMO

Im trying to rememberr if FedEx deliveres on sat, since i have a round planned for Sunday morning. I am so excited for the testing to begin!

Im trying to rememberr if FedEx deliveres on sat, since i have a round planned for Sunday morning. I am so excited for the testing to begin!

I dont think they do unless it was paid for a saturday delivery, i know they dont deliver mondays since that is their business only delivery day.

Great early reports! I'll be watching this thread closely. I'm really wanting to try this one myself.

Back