Tiger Woods Signs on w/ Rolex

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
http://golfdigest.stats.com/golf/story.asp?i=20111005112605289133508&ref=rec&tm=&src=GOLF

SAN MARTIN, Calif. (AP) Tiger Woods returned to the PGA Tour with a new endorsement deal with Rolex.

It's the first major endorsement deal for Woods in more than two years. He previously had an endorsement with Tag Heuer, which dropped him two months ago. Woods will become one of the global ambassadors for the Swiss-based watch company.

Terms of the Rolex deal were not disclosed, although it is believed to be longer than five years.

Rolex says it is convinced that Woods still has a long career ahead of him. Woods, who has 14 majors and 82 wins worldwide, has not won in nearly two years. He lost five major endorsement contracts in the two years since he was exposed for serial adultery and eventually divorced.

Woods is playing this week at the Frys.com Open.

Not too sure what to say to this. Good for him?? I dunno.

Good signing for Tiger. Not so sure if it's good for Rolex or not, but we'll see.

Maybe this will help him realize it is time for a new coach. :laughing:

LMAO...I am too funny. Lame I know.

Maybe this will help him realize it is time for a new coach. :laughing:

LMAO...I am too funny. Lame I know.

It actually took me a moment to really capture the lameness haha.

This is good for Tiger. A big name taking a chance on him.

Hope he appears in a commercial with Phil. In fact, I think I have the perfect idea: Tiger and Phil are tied after 4 rounds at the US Open. Instead of the preparing for the 18 hole playoff the next day, Tiger and Phil decide to engage in an arm-wrestling match in the locker room that evening. Tiger grunts with intensity and Phil does the rolling of the wrist like in "Over the top". Then, right before the bell rings, the camera focuses on the rolex watch on each of their wrists. The commerical, of course, ends there... leaving the viewers in unsatisfied anticipation of who wins the arm-wrestling match and, ultimately, the US Open. But hey, we saw the awesome rolexes.

Nice upgrade from Tag.

Hope he appears in a commercial with Phil. In fact, I think I have the perfect idea: Tiger and Phil are tied after 4 rounds at the US Open. Instead of the preparing for the 18 hole playoff the next day, Tiger and Phil decide to engage in an arm-wrestling match in the locker room that evening. Tiger grunts with intensity and Phil does the rolling of the wrist like in "Over the top". Then, right before the bell rings, the camera focuses on the rolex watch on each of their wrists. The commerical, of course, ends there... leaving the viewers in unsatisfied anticipation of who wins the arm-wrestling match and, ultimately, the US Open. But hey, we saw the awesome rolexes.

I love that! I want to see that.

Tiger follows Phil for sponsors. I like that.

Good for him. A win sure would help as well

Great pickup for Tiger. I think Rolex is crazy though. I hope they go a deal for him.

Time to start wearing my Folex.

He's baaack! Sorry I couldn't resist. I think it's a good deal for both parties

Great deal for both.. Upgrade for Tiger from Tag

Nice deal for Tiger. Certainly an upgrade from that Japanese back cream. Bold move my Rolex IMO. Hope it works out well for both of them.

Good for Tiger, not so much for Rolex IMO

Good move for Eldrick...have to wait and see if it pans out for Rolex or not.

I had a commercial in mind that was along the lines of, "anything you can do, I can do better." but both their egos would never let that happen.

Good for Tiger. Seems like his career really has a chance to get back on track here.

I hope Tiger doesn't get one that ticks.....

Good deal for both, Tiger gets a huge name brand endorsement and Rolex I would assume gets to take advantage of the biggest name currently in sports. Win win for both.

Back