Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Told ya dude. I found it to be quite long for myself, just too weak in the shaft for me. It's so stupid easy to hit off the turf eh? You need the 18*, that thing is a nice option to have off the tee.

Man you were so right, I should have listened to you sooner. I got the 4 hybrid with the stiff shaft and its not short by any means, I'm seeing about 195 carry which is pretty much what I was looking for, but it is just so freaking easy to hit. I think I do need the 18 degree, and I know a guy who has one. I have a trade in mind.

Man you were so right, I should have listened to you sooner. I got the 4 hybrid with the stiff shaft and its not short by any means, I'm seeing about 195 carry which is pretty much what I was looking for, but it is just so freaking easy to hit. I think I do need the 18 degree, and I know a guy who has one. I have a trade in mind.

I don't have the 18* anymore dude.

You soon will be, I just ordered like 24 of them.

Thanks, I just called and their sold out. Must be popular shirts

tapatalk addict....

I don't have the 18* anymore dude.[/QUOTE

Lame, oh well, I still have a club you might want to play with.

I don't think the Diablo HX Tour will have more spin around the greens then the I(z) though. Perhaps the B330RX Hanks

It doesn't, I use it just now because our greens are so soft I don't need the spin the 1x produces

I am pondering larger grips. I wear a size large glove and have a little bit of a pudgy hand from a lot of weight loss. How do I determine if changing grip size would be helpful?

I am pondering larger grips. I wear a size large glove and have a little bit of a pudgy hand from a lot of weight loss. How do I determine if changing grip size would be helpful?

Does the club feel small in your hand?

Also, going to a bigger grip may/will increase the possibility of slicing and pushing.

It does feel small and I know that changing sizes can cause more/worse misses.

Does the club feel small in your hand?

Also, going to a bigger grip may/will increase the possibility of slicing and pushing.

It does feel small and I know that changing sizes can cause more/worse misses.

You don't have to go all the way to midsize though, you can try building up a grip with tape. Try taking your favorite grip and having it installed with an extra wrap or two with tape and see how you like it.

I wish I had the right tools so I could do this at the house

You don't have to go all the way to midsize though, you can try building up a grip with tape. Try taking your favorite grip and having it installed with an extra wrap or two with tape and see how you like it.

Its pretty cheap really, you just need a vice, a rubber shaft holder ($5.00), and then some grip tape and solvent. I've been doing my own grips now for 2 years and not only do you save money, but you can play with sizes of tape and try out new grips.

Perhaps a long shot but how about an air compressor?
Compressor+Nozzle+Tape+Pure Grips=Dead Easy

I need a 18 or 19* hybrid badly....the gap between my 3w and my 3i is just way too much. I am switching to a two wedge setup this year also so i have an extra slot open.

Might as well go all in, get that and a few others things. I may need to adjust lofts and lie angles too. Do you have the work station in your garage?

Just joking around. With the way I played yesterday someone should take my clubs away from me really. :at-wits-end:

That machine is extremely expensive.

I re grip my clubs but don't use a vice. All hand work

tapatalk addict....

Do you know if the nozzle is necessary to regrip them? Or can you do it without it?

I need a 18 or 19* hybrid badly....the gap between my 3w and my 3i is just way too much. I am switching to a two wedge setup this year also so i have an extra slot open.

Did you just end up hitting the 5-wood too high? I could suggest some hybrids for you, but I'm thinking that with your swing speed, an iron-like hybrid would be better for you.

Did you just end up hitting the 5-wood too high? I could suggest some hybrids for you, but I'm thinking that with your swing speed, an iron-like hybrid would be better for you.

I just need something with a little more versatility. Something I hit a little lower and can shape if need be. Any suggestions would be great. I am looking for something smaller with a square toe. Like you said an iron type hybrid.

I just need something with a little more versatility. Something I hit a little lower and can shape if need be. Any suggestions would be great. I am looking for something smaller with a square toe. Like you said an iron type hybrid.

People rave about the Turdleist 910, but I think you would like the Adams super blacks.

I took a look at the Adams Idea Pro A12 hybrid in a golf shop recently and couldn't believe how small of a hybrid head that was. I'm pretty sure that head also wouldn't be draw-biased at all. I'm not sure how forgiving it would be, but you're playing the MBs, so I'm sure that you'd have more success with it than I would. Here's the link: http://adamsgolf.com/products/hybrids/pro_a12.php

I also haven't hit the Titleist 910H hybrid, but to me from a visual standpoint, it's got the square toe that you're looking for: http://www.titleist.com/golf-clubs/fairways/910H.aspx

Of course, I have good things to say about the Rescue 11 hybrids, but some people may think that they are a little bit bigger than some other hybrids out there.

I took a look at the Adams Idea Pro A12 hybrid in a golf shop recently and couldn't believe how small of a hybrid head that was. I'm pretty sure that head also wouldn't be draw-biased at all. I'm not sure how forgiving it would be, but you're playing the MBs, so I'm sure that you'd have more success with it than I would. Here's the link: http://adamsgolf.com/products/hybrids/pro_a12.php

I also haven't hit the Titleist 910H hybrid, but to me from a visual standpoint, it's got the square toe that you're looking for: http://www.titleist.com/golf-clubs/fairways/910H.aspx

Of course, I have good things to say about the Rescue 11 hybrids, but some people may think that they are a little bit bigger than some other hybrids out there.

Awesome thanks for the info guys.

The 910H is a great hybrid. And so is the Adams.

Titleist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back