Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the B330RX. Just about perfect for my game. Have not tried the others although I am interested in trying the Q-STar out. I used the Diablo HX Tour last weekend and liked it
AH...thanks CL, I saw you and OEM talking about that ball somewhere else and could NOT for the life of me find it again. Will do!

OE..which Bushnell you using?

hey guys so i tried the cleveland 290 last night at GS and was very impressed. I was hitting a 9* stiff flex shaft and was getting launch numbers in the 13- 15 degree range with spin below 2000, which i believe is good correct me if i am wrong. Still weighting if i should pull the trigger or wait it out until January and see what new is coming, like the cleveland black since i am so impressed by this cleveland offering.

AH...thanks CL, I saw you and OEM talking about that ball somewhere else and could NOT for the life of me find it again. Will do!

OE..which Bushnell you using?

Bushell Pro 1600 Slope. Texas approved because its big.

Bushell Pro 1600 Slope. Texas approved because its big.
I would hope that for that price I would be able to see mcook77 on the par 3, 5th up there! LOL! I've been eye balling it for a week or two...I'm hoping the 1600 makes me mad enough to go buy that thing so it will quit looking at me when I walk through the doors. (insert Slope & Chunky joke here)...as I've decided per the MC2.0 thread not to try to be too funny until I've met you guys in person.

Thanks OEM & Chunky...appreciate the help!

Nice memory 2shoes!! :D

Let us know what you decide on I need to eventually replace the little Bushnell NEO that I have.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6 in stiff flex with an R11 tip on that shaft. I haven't hit it and it's a pricey ponder, but have had some conversations with people that know shafts, and it might be what I'm looking for. I just have to figure out whether I want to do it before my season comes to an end in December.

Nice memory 2shoes!! :D

Let us know what you decide on I need to eventually replace the little Bushnell NEO that I have.

Tappin' from my iPad!
Nice memory on the Par 3 5th (did I actually pull that outta' space and get it right?) or Nice memory about pissing off 1/2 of THP over in the MC2.0 thread? LOL!

I'm gonna' pull the trigger on a RangeFinder....It's calling me....I was really hoping Kev was going to say Tour V2 at a couple hundy less...never my luck though!

Ha - par 3 5th was my reference! V2 has gotten some really good reviews on here. I dont know much about the 1600.

Tappin' from my iPad!

hey guys so i tried the cleveland 290 last night at GS and was very impressed. I was hitting a 9* stiff flex shaft and was getting launch numbers in the 13- 15 degree range with spin below 2000, which i believe is good correct me if i am wrong. Still weighting if i should pull the trigger or wait it out until January and see what new is coming, like the cleveland black since i am so impressed by this cleveland offering.

I would think that a little more spin would be ideal. I like to be in that 2300-2600 range, and my launch angle is similar to yours. A little more spin and you'll get a little more carry distance. However, those are good numbers, it would be hard to not pull the trigger if I were you. I would assume that Black would give you more spin though. And really, it depends on how much you want to spend.

Ha - par 3 5th was my reference! V2 has gotten some really good reviews on here. I dont know much about the 1600.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Bigger lens and more power plus its got the slope feature. Texas approved.

I bet cookie has this range finder then:

prod_pinpro.jpg

You were talking about Texans and their rangefinders bro. I mean, would you even claim cookie as a fellow Texan? You know he rocks the pocket rangefinder.

You were talking about Texans and their rangefinders bro. I mean, would you even claim cookie as a fellow Texan? You know he rocks the pocket rangefinder.

Id have to see the birth certificate.

Definitely try the Q-Star. Impressed with what I have seen thus far but will have more thoughts by tomorrow night.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Can't go wrong with the Q-Stars! I love them

Today might be the day a laser range finder is mine. I've missed out on a couple on the bay, and now its time to just buy one in a store. Stupid ebay.

Today might be the day a laser range finder is mine. I've missed out on a couple on the bay, and now its time to just buy one in a store. Stupid ebay.

Going with the V2?

Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6 in stiff flex with an R11 tip on that shaft. I haven't hit it and it's a pricey ponder, but have had some conversations with people that know shafts, and it might be what I'm looking for. I just have to figure out whether I want to do it before my season comes to an end in December.

This has been a recent ponder of mine as well. I love the 70 Kai-Li in my RHT, but naturally I want more. I have been browsing the bay for a decent deal.

I'm also heavily pondering C-Tapers. Like, heavy ponder.

I think so, I might as well go whole hog if I'm going to drop the cash on a range finder.

You'll like it. I have had no issues with mine and prefer it over my friends 1600. It's quick and just as accurate.

You'll like it. I have had no issues with mine and prefer it over my friends 1600. It's quick and just as accurate.

Sweet, thanks man. I have some gift certificates to SportChek (think Dicks Sporting goods, but with more toques) so hopefully its not too pricey.

The V2 is great. Not sure how I played golf without it.

Dont listen to these guys, bigger is always better.

I'm thinking 2 things:
Either a Bushnell or Leupold Rangefinder (feel free to sell me on one over the other)

and #2

Buying about 4 dozen ball different than what I'm playing (Bridgestone e6)..and see if I like anything better...
Bridgestone 330-RX
Srixon Q-Star
MacGregor VIP (which I understand is made by Srixon and is similar to the Q-Star)
Top-Flite Gamer V2 (also read a thread about these)
I don't know...I have 12 dozen Titleist NIB ProV1 under my desk at work (free, didn't buy them), but I think they play just a little above my game right now...just wanna' try something a little different...although the e6 has been a GREAT ball for me.

Can't go wrong with Bushnell or Leupold. I chose Leupold for the size of the GX3 and its high quality construction. For the price point of these things I wanted the best quality device and for me that was the Leupold. Performance is pretty similar in these things, they all work as intended (Bushnells and Leupolds).

Having moved from the E6 to the B330 RX I can say I am thrilled with the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back