Official MLB Baseball Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is basically the same as a Juan Pierre or a Kenny Lofton. So so defense and lots of infield singles. These are the kind of players Dusty Baker loves, it might work out for them.

Looks like the Rays have reached a deal with Pat Burrel for 2 years 16 million. Thats a bargain for a guy who will give you 30 and 100 RBIs.

And a right handed bat in this much needed lefty heavy lineup.

I cant believe he didnt get more money, I was expecting a 3 year 45 million deal. Im glad the Rays got him though, the only problem with Burrel is that he is really streaky. But then again, so are most power hitters.

Yeah he is. I went to college with the guy. In that lineup he should fit in well.

JC Romero got suspended for 50 games for testing positive. Its a pretty good read, I feel bad for the guy.

*Edit* Its on ESPN.com, I guess the link was bad.

I saw that. Bad signing in my mind. He does not have enough hitting in front of him in Oakland to keep his average up.

Trevor Hoffman looks to be close to signing with the Dodgers.

I've always liked Hoff, and I still think he's got the goods to close games out. Not like he used to, but well enough to get the job done over the course of the season.

By the way, hello everyone! Dodger, Laker, LA King, USC Trojan, St. Louis Rams fan here.

As far as golf goes. My equipment isn't special, but I enjoy hacking up the links like the rest of ya. :bulgy-eyes:

Hey SOBAY! SOBAY came over from Highdefforum along with a few others of our group. Glad to see you in the forum finally . . . not so glad you are taking all my high scores in the arcade!

I've always liked Hoff, and I still think he's got the goods to close games out. Not like he used to, but well enough to get the job done over the course of the season.

By the way, hello everyone! Dodger, Laker, LA King, USC Trojan, St. Louis Rams fan here.

As far as golf goes. My equipment isn't special, but I enjoy hacking up the links like the rest of ya. :bulgy-eyes:

Welcome to THP SOBAY! If you have a second head over to the check in desk and introduce yourself there. We always love to welcome our new members.

Welcome and what Golfergal said. Glad you found us.

Welcome Sobay. Im a Dodger, Kings and Lagwagon fan.

I like the Giambi deal, I really dont think New York was that guys kind of place. As for Hoffman, I hope he stays in SD or moves on to the Brewers. Hes getting old and I think I would rather take my chances with Broxton.

Hey SOBAY! SOBAY came over from Highdefforum along with a few others of our group. Glad to see you in the forum finally . . . not so glad you are taking all my high scores in the arcade!

Yeah, the arcade here is my escape at work when I get fed up with my co workers. As you can tell, I've been fed up a lot lately! :D

Welcome to THP Sobay, I just got one question, why the Rams?lol

I know Georgia basically stuck her middle finger up to L.A. when she moved the Rams to St. Louis, but they are the only NFL team I've ever had a passion for. I tried to get into the Chargers, but San Diego hates Los Angeles, so that never felt right. So I'm sticking with my Rams. I have some good memories of my Dad taking me to Anaheim Stadium to see the Rams play. Back when they had Jim Everett and Flipper Anderson, LOL!

Welcome Sobay. Im a Dodger, Kings and Lagwagon fan.

I like the Giambi deal, I really dont think New York was that guys kind of place. As for Hoffman, I hope he stays in SD or moves on to the Brewers. Hes getting old and I think I would rather take my chances with Broxton.

It does look like Hoffman is going to Milwaukee (according to the latest ESPN report). I guess Broxton's time is now. Great to see another Lag fan on here. Joey released a solo album a couple months back, it's good stuff if you are into acoustic rock at all.

It does look like Hoffman is going to Milwaukee (according to the latest ESPN report). I guess Broxton's time is now. Great to see another Lag fan on here. Joey released a solo album a couple months back, it's good stuff if you are into acoustic rock at all.

I never got to into the Bad Astronaut and Joeys solo stuff. Just regular old Lagwagon for me.

Looks like Smoltz and Baldelli are going to sign with the Red Sox. It doesnt look good for your Rays JB.
I wouldnt mind the Dodgers taking a chance on Chad Cordero for the closers role. Could be a low risk/high reward guy. Plus I think he is a local boy.

We knew that Rocco was going to leave. He is a great guy and will help any team but with his "disease/condition" he cannot play everyday. They got the righthanded bat they needed in the last signing.

Im talking more about the starting rotation, Rocco is a fourth outfielder now. With Smoltz and Penny at the back of the rotation, that will be the best in baseball, even with their frequent injuries.

Their rotation will still be solid. Kaz, Shields, etc...Just like last year. However how can you compete with the $260 mill Darth Vadars and the $160 mill Red Sox. It is just what is wrong with baseball.

Hey SB, good to see you here. :clapp: Are you still on Rams suicide watch? lol

Hey SB, good to see you here. :clapp: Are you still on Rams suicide watch? lol

Yeah, what a lousy season. And then I thought they would pull out a win against the Falcons at the end and they blew that too.

Oh well, #2 draft pick, we'll see what happens!

Good to see ya here too!

Yeah, what a lousy season. And then I thought they would pull out a win against the Falcons at the end and they blew that too.

Oh well, #2 draft pick, we'll see what happens!

Good to see ya here too!

Folks in KC were keeping an eye on that game! If the Rams had won, WE would have gotten the second pick!

As I mentioned before, the worst football in the NFL was played in Missouri (second and third worst teams in the league).

Folks in KC were keeping an eye on that game! If the Rams had won, WE would have gotten the second pick!

As I mentioned before, the worst football in the NFL was played in Missouri (second and third worst teams in the league).

Don't forget the Royals suck too.:beat-up:

They do, but this was the first year in a long time that no one really expected them to lose 100 games (and they didn't come close, either!). So we got that going for us!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back