Official MLB Baseball Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Their rotation will still be solid. Kaz, Shields, etc...Just like last year. However how can you compete with the $260 mill Darth Vadars and the $160 mill Red Sox. It is just what is wrong with baseball.

If I had to rank the rotations in the AL East, I would go
Boston
Tampa
NY
Toronto
Baltimore
If Marcum and McGowan were healthy I would put the Jays rotation in front of the Yankees. Im just not convinced that Burnett will be anything.

Don't forget the Royals suck too.:beat-up:

Royals signed Willie Bloomquist today, I think that might be what you guys need to put you over the top.:act-up:

Not sure who Bloomquist is. Looked up his stats. Not that impressive. Or am I missing something here.

Not sure who Bloomquist is. Looked up his stats. Not that impressive. Or am I missing something here.

No, I was being sarcastic. I dont see why they would waste 3 million on him.

No, I was being sarcastic. I dont see why they would waste 3 million on him.

Bloomquist is a great utility player. He won't amaze on a daily basis, but he has a habit of getting hits and making catches when they really count. And he can backup just about any position except pitcher and catcher.

I agree with Harry. He is a guy that can play everywhere. And he has a GREAT GLOVE.

Bloomquist is a great utility player. He won't amaze on a daily basis, but he has a habit of getting hits and making catches when they really count. And he can backup just about any position except pitcher and catcher.

So it turns out to be 2 years 3 million. I can deal with that. But I believe there are still a handful of super utility guys out on the market. The Ramon Martinez type can be had for around 800k and the Nomaaah type probably around 5 million. I also believe Bloomquist is a Boras client, and that is always a negative in my book. It seems to me like the Royals throw their money into the wrong places.

Saito signed with the Red Sox for 1.5 million. Not bad for a guy with a blown out elbow. If his elbow miraculously heals, the guy is money. His slider is one of the nastiest I have ever seen.

It has been discussed for a while. Its a crock.

Rickey Henderson and Jim Rice were elected to HOF this year, congrats to both. Personally I'm surprised that Rice was voted in earlier, it seems like he was a great player from what I remember.

Rickey Henderson and Jim Rice were elected to HOF this year, congrats to both. Personally I'm surprised that Rice was voted in earlier, it seems like he was a great player from what I remember.

I never got to see Rice play, but Ricky was a no brainer. He was so fast and such a great lead off man.

Rice was the most dominant hitter in the league for 8 years or so.

Well since they talked about Rice every year, and he didn't get in I was starting to think it was a distorted memory from my early years. Thanks for the confirmation JB.

I grew up 10 mins outside Boston and grew up with Rice, Yaz, Freddie Lynn, Dewey Evans, Jerry Remy, etc.

Congrats, Jimmy Rice. About time!

Rice was the most dominant hitter in the league for 8 years or so.

From what I understand, his attitude with the media is what kept him out for so long. Funny because now he is a member of the media. I wish I had the access to watch all the games I can watch now as a kid.

I grew up 10 mins outside Boston and grew up with Rice, Yaz, Freddie Lynn, Dewey Evans, Jerry Remy, etc.

Congrats, Jimmy Rice. About time!

I remember those teams, that was back when the Royals could still compete. It's been a long time.

THe voters for MLB HOF are the worst ever. Like the guy that votes no on every single first ballot since "nobody should be unanimous". They are so bad because of stuff like the Rice thing.

THe voters for MLB HOF are the worst ever. Like the guy that votes no on every single first ballot since "nobody should be unanimous". They are so bad because of stuff like the Rice thing.
Like when Ripken and Gwynn didnt get 100%? The only other option would be to give a vote to the announcers, but there are some real homers out there so that wouldnt work.

THe media should not be involved.

THe media should not be involved.

Well you cant leave it up to the players, a lot of them are not fans of the game. I dont know about the fans either, because then everyone would be in. The concept is correct, I mean the beat writers have to cover baseball.

Just former members of the hall. Or by comittee like NFL.

Just former members of the hall. Or by comittee like NFL.

Ya but the veterans committee in baseball is even tougher than the media.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back