2012 Cleveland Mashie Hybrids & Irons

I know I love the Tour Mashies and I am most excited to try out the new fairway woods. I think the Gliderails would be great on the FW. I hope they offer a Tour version or at least an offering with the heavier shaft.

First post updated with in hand pics.

Very interesting look, JB. Looks like a slightly deeper face, but pretty compact head to me. You hit them yet?

You have to figure they'll be good off the turf.

Those glide rails look mean. I like the look of the FW. I might actually be able to hit that one off the deck.

Very interesting look, JB. Looks like a slightly deeper face, but pretty compact head to me. You hit them yet?

Not yet. Tomorrow they will head out to the range for a workout and it will go in the bag for Wednesdays round.

Sole on the FW looks identical to the Mashie. Head also seems to have more of a hybrid shape just a little bigger throughout. Same thoughts in person or is that more of a photo illusion?

Tappin' from my iPad!

Sole on the FW looks identical to the Mashie. Head also seems to have more of a hybrid shape just a little bigger throughout. Same thoughts in person or is that more of a photo illusion?

Tappin' from my iPad!

The head is definitely smaller than some other FWs. That is for sure. I have a feeling that will help a ton of people hit it off the deck as many that struggle hitting FWs off the turf, dont struggle with hybrids as much.

That FW looks pretty mean. I still love the raw finish of these. It looks like the hybrid has less offset unless my eyes are deceiving me.

Have the irons made it to HQ yet?

I can't help but be very interested in how this compares to the FL series. Obviously very different clubs, but still something I'll be excited to hear about.

Looking forward to your thoughts, JB.

I am interested in hearing how well these are off the deck. That is the one place I think these can really stand out over many other FWs. It is interesting how different these FWs are compared to the other FWs that Cleveland offers. The whole philosophy seems to be different. The current Cleveland FWs seem to be focused on being long and almost like driving FWs, where these seem to be more about playability from different lies.

I can't help but be very interested in how this compares to the FL series. Obviously very different clubs, but still something I'll be excited to hear about.

Looking forward to your thoughts, JB.

Same here Hawk. I like hearing how its a smaller FW head. I love my Octane Tour and that's part of the reason. I imagine with the gliderails this thing has to be lethal out of the fairway.

Based on the looks I'd say if you like the Mashie hybrid you're going to love the FW! I haven't had much work with the Mashie at all but in what little I did I really liked them, I can't wait to get my hands on one of these.

I wonder if these could knock out the Z-Stars from JB's bag?

I wouldn't mind taking a few lashes with that bad boy. I love the look.

I just realized how much this club looks like the old-school fairway woods from the top. I have one in my basement with a very similar finish.

I wouldn't mind taking a few lashes with that bad boy. I love the look.

I just looks mean. I like a FW I can just go HAM with. This seems like a FW I could do so.

I just looks mean. I like a FW I can just go HAM with. This seems like a FW I could do so.

I agree. Can this FW wood actually contain, then utilize Tmod power?

It looks like it!

Dr Teeth has a pretty good point. Cleveland/Srixon has a very diverse selection of fairway woods out there.

I agree. Can this FW wood actually contain, then utilize Tmod power?

It looks like it!

I think it can my friend, I bet it takes a nice divot haha. I would love to see a FL vs Mashie FW shootout!!!! I know you're gonna try this when you can.

I have to say the face of this looks very deep. I'm not keen on the thought of a deep-faced wood, but I will likely hit this just to be sure. The glider rails intrigue me for sure though.

I have to say the face of this looks very deep. I'm not keen on the thought of a deep-faced wood, but I will likely hit this just to be sure. The glider rails intrigue me for sure though.

Its actually not, not in person anyway. The rails look to add perceived depth, but in reality they are for turf interaction rather than against it. Depth can affect some hitting FWs because of hitting them rather thin, I do not think this will be an issue with this club at all.

Looks like it has a lot less offset than I expected. Looking forward to getting some feedback on these when the time comes.

Back