2012 Cleveland Mashie Hybrids & Irons

Sorry EW. Had to edit your post. Embargo is not lifted until a week from today. We will have full details and threads up at that time.

I'm excited for that. I love seeing new stuff!

You aren't the only one. that's the first I've heard when we might see some new Cleveland stuff. Only a week away!

You tube has some info on New driver, info leaking out other places

I was a little late to the party on the 2012 Mashie line. I had the 2011s briefly, but never really got them dialed in and sold them.

The first time out with the 2012s, I had my personal best round. The hybrids had a ton to do with it as I probably hit the M2+ or M4+ (or some combo) on almost every hole. The MO was a dead straight ball flight and great performance regardless of lie.

I just wanted to show some love for the Mashie Plus hybrids. I bought a 4 hybrid earlier this year and have played about 7 rounds with it. Now that I have my swing back I can honestly say that this has been a great club for me from about 200 yards. It gets the ball in the air very quickly for me and it fills the distance gap I wanted to fill nicely. It replaced an old Taylormade Rescue Mid and not only did it give me about 10-15 more yards but it is much easier to hit from any lie. It really glides thru the rough and if you are in the fairway this thing is impossible to miss. I picked it up from globalgolf on ebay for $50 shipped and it's been a great investment.

This club wont win a beauty pageant but I also had an R11 hybrid that I absolutely hated, I would rather have this Mashie Plus over 10 R11 hybrids. Anyway, if you are looking for a hybrid that isnt flashy but is easy to hit and gets the job done then dont hesitate to pick one of these up.

Hey all you guys. Ive been reading this forum and the mashie hybrid forum and the positive comments and excitement for mashies from so many of you has convinced me to join your club. I am a max handicapped beginner who is just beginning to hit the ball sweet after a lesson and driving range. From everything said here I have been the convinced the Mashie lineup is the club for me. I have managed to get a package of 2012 M3, M4, M5 and 6 - PW and Cleveland Sandwedge for $499. I am so looking forward to getting them off lay buy and start trying them. I went with the regular myazaki 59 shaft as I am 57 years old and slowing down a little. I currently have a cheap set of Wilsons they will replace. I did buy a Callaway Razar Black driver 10.5 for Xmas and will keep this. My question to any of you who wish to respond is .... Should I add a Mashie F5 or F7 to gap between my Razor Driver and the Mashie M3 Hybrid? Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks again for providing loads of interesting and informative reading. It's rare to read reviews that don't seem like regurgitated promotional stuff from the distributors. I feel I can trust you guys for the truth. Cheers from Oz. Mashed Potato

I don't have experience with the Mashie fairway woods but I have a 3W and and 5W to fill in the gap between my Driver an Mashie 4H. I would expect you would end up with a large gap if you don't get some kind of fairway wood(s).

Another option may be 3W and M2 .... Leading up to my M3? Might be best to wait and see how I hit the regular mashies before I make that choice. Being a beginner I am keen to jump right in. Patience is probably required here. Thanks sparksjr for your reply

For me, the F7 and M3 gave almost identical distances. I think the F5 may be a good option for you. A little more loft than the F3, which should make it more playable and forgiving, but also should gap decently.

For me, the F7 and M3 gave almost identical distances. I think the F5 may be a good option for you. A little more loft than the F3, which should make it more playable and forgiving, but also should gap decently.

The F5 is so easy to hit they should just stamp cheater club on the bottom of it. I feel like I can't miss with it.

The F5 is so easy to hit they should just stamp cheater club on the bottom of it. I feel like I can't miss with it.

I'll back that up, it's going to be hard to get it out of my bag.

+1 to Hawk.

F7 = M3 for me
F5 = M2 for me

With both, the F hits the ball higher than the M.

I would think you'd have a noticeable gap between the driver and the M3. For a high handicapper, the F5 is probably a good gap filler. It is going to be a little more forgiving than the F3.

Love this club alot. I am about to purchase the m3 to join my m2.

Wanted to give a little love to the venerable Mashie+ hybrid, because try as I might, I cannot find the club that can unseat my M2. It's just so easy to hit with a nice penetrating but soft flight. I can hit a little cut with it that holds a green, or I can hit a slight draw that gives me extra rollout off the tee. The sound and feel is so solid, and it's equally easy to hit off the tee and deck. Just such a killer club - even if I find a superior club at some point, I'll hang onto this one as a comfortable backup and just because it's almost become a legend at this point.

Couldn't agree more!

Couldn't agree more!

I feel the same way about the original mashie hybrid. I have all 5 and the M1 is as easy to hit ad the M5. Well almost. I have reservations on trying the mashie + because I had issues with the Mashie fairway woods from the deck and thought the center keel might be part of the issue.

I feel the same way about the original mashie hybrid. I have all 5 and the M1 is as easy to hit ad the M5. Well almost. I have reservations on trying the mashie + because I had issues with the Mashie fairway woods from the deck and thought the center keel might be part of the issue.

FWIW, I never really hit my F3 very well off the deck, but my Mashie+ M2 is super easy off the deck. I can tell you that the keel isn't as pronounced in the hybrids, and the face isn't as tall either, which adds up to it being much easier to hit off the deck, at least for me.

FWIW, I never really hit my F3 very well off the deck, but my Mashie+ M2 is super easy off the deck. I can tell you that the keel isn't as pronounced in the hybrids, and the face isn't as tall either, which adds up to it being much easier to hit off the deck, at least for me.

Good to know, I will have to try the Mashie+ sometime.

The cleveland classic hybrid is another monster

Might add the 588 hybrid is one of the best I have hit, all things considered. The X2-Hot is longer but not as accurate and not as versatile, in my opinion. The TM superlaunch was the longest for me until the X2-Hot, but I digress. The Mashie is one of the best hybrids ever made. Such an easy club to use.

Yes!!! I also have an m2 and it is an unbelievable stick. It has helped give me several opportunities to putt for eagle that, as a 15ish handicapper, are usually not around much. It really gives me a confident second shot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back